Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Albetros 5518] Map coordinates?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Albetros 5518] Map coordinates?

Yo! im looking for a little help, i have searched but no joy so far, im trying to find out how i teleport on my server, i have the command (which i believe to be /teleport mapID x y , that sound about right?) but ive tried a range of coordinates for x and y and when i teleport i get the "connecting to server" msg then nothing.

im assuming its because im picking coordinates that dont exist, is there a stock number to use? i want to take a look at some of the maps that arnt really in use and make use of them eventually.

Old   #2

Received Thanks: 1,139
Actually, that behavior is the same you would get when entering a portal.. Anyway, if you need the coordinates of a specific map go to the map itself and find the spot you want, then write down the coordinates. Also, MapID is the numerical ID associated with the map, aka 1002 for TwinCity, 1015 for BirdIsland, etc.

Edit: Here, these are the basic city scrolls from my source. Only pay attention to the Teleport function. The format is MapID, X, Y

Code:
                                #region Scrolls
                                case 1060020: if (Calculate.CanScroll(Client.Char.Map)) { Client.Char.Teleport(1002, 431, 378); Client.Char.RemoveInvItem(I.UniqueID); } else { goto case -1; } break; // TwinCity
                                case 1060023: if (Calculate.CanScroll(Client.Char.Map)) { Client.Char.Teleport(1011, 189, 262); Client.Char.RemoveInvItem(I.UniqueID); } else { goto case -1; } break; // PhoenixCastle
                                case 1060022: if (Calculate.CanScroll(Client.Char.Map)) { Client.Char.Teleport(1020, 567, 564); Client.Char.RemoveInvItem(I.UniqueID); } else { goto case -1; } break; // ApeCity
                                case 1060021: if (Calculate.CanScroll(Client.Char.Map)) { Client.Char.Teleport(1000, 498, 649); Client.Char.RemoveInvItem(I.UniqueID); } else { goto case -1; } break; // DesertCity
                                case 1060024: if (Calculate.CanScroll(Client.Char.Map)) { Client.Char.Teleport(1015, 716, 576); Client.Char.RemoveInvItem(I.UniqueID); } else { goto case -1; } break; // BirdIsland
                                case -1: Client.Send(GamePackets.Chat("SYSTEM", Client.Char.Name, "You cannot use scrolls here!", 0, ChatType.Top)); break;
                                #endregion Scrolls

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroxelli View Post
Actually, that behavior is the same you would get when entering a portal.. Anyway, if you need the coordinates of a specific map go to the map itself and find the spot you want, then write down the coordinates. Also, MapID is the numerical ID associated with the map, aka 1002 for TwinCity, 1015 for BirdIsland, etc.
I've managed to get around the main few maps, what i was looking at is more of the fairylandPK map, house maps and other not so accessible maps, altho i managed to bring up a list of map numbers on the server i never did check that actuall map file was there...
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan. View Post
I've managed to get around the main few maps, what i was looking at is more of the fairylandPK map, house maps and other not so accessible maps, altho i managed to bring up a list of map numbers on the server i never did check that actuall map file was there...
Give me the MapIDs for the maps you want, I'll go through them in my map reader and get you some accessible coordinates.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

i feel i should mention i will probably have a few questions as i get started, im currently battleing with getting trade to work and working out why in my maching everyone is naked but me and i DC every 5mins but my wifes works fine.. BUT.. big but.. i studied 3DS max nad photoshop back in university and ive just re-downloaded, when i get around to it i will be making new weps and i will release all the ones i make to people on here / if i get good at it again i might take requests at some point to pay u all back for ur time lol

Quote:
Give me the MapIDs for the maps you want, I'll go through them in my map reader and get you some accessible coordinates.
Thanks, i'll give u a message some time if thats ok? i have no internet access at some so i have to research at work then work on it at home >.<

one more week till i get 1mb internet! lol
Old   #6

Quote:
i feel i should mention i will probably have a few questions as i get started, im currently battleing with getting trade to work and working out why in my maching everyone is naked but me and i DC every 5mins but my wifes works fine.. BUT.. big but.. i studied 3DS max nad photoshop back in university and ive just re-downloaded, when i get around to it i will be making new weps and i will release all the ones i make to people on here / if i get good at it again i might take requests at some point to pay u all back for ur time lol

Thanks, i'll give u a message some time if thats ok? i have no internet access at some so i have to research at work then work on it at home >.<

one more week till i get 1mb internet! lol
Well, I'll help you as much as I can.

Edit: Sure, message me your facebook email or something, since that's all I really use these days. Just shoot me a message on there with the map IDs and I'll get you the coordinates for them and whatever else you need.
Old   #7

here is how am handling the "tele" command

Code:
case "tele": {
                            int map = Convert.ToInt32(str[1]);
                            ushort x = Convert.ToUInt16(str[2]);
                            ushort y = Convert.ToUInt16(str[3]);

if (world.DMaps[map].Cells[x, y].Walkable) {
                                hero.MovementNotifier.Teleport(hero, map, x, y);
                            } else {
                                hero.ChatNotifier.SendChat(0, Color.Red, "You can't stand there!", "SYSTEM", "ALL", ChatType.TopLeft);
                            }
                            break;
                        }
you should have something like map coordinate checker , like mine if it's Walkable that's mean you can stand there so you can teleport otherwise you can't .
Old   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_PoP View Post
here is how am handling the "tele" command

Code:
case "tele": {
                            int map = Convert.ToInt32(str[1]);
                            ushort x = Convert.ToUInt16(str[2]);
                            ushort y = Convert.ToUInt16(str[3]);

if (world.DMaps[map].Cells[x, y].Walkable) {
                                hero.MovementNotifier.Teleport(hero, map, x, y);
                            } else {
                                hero.ChatNotifier.SendChat(0, Color.Red, "You can't stand there!", "SYSTEM", "ALL", ChatType.TopLeft);
                            }
                            break;
                        }
you should have something like map coordinate checker , like mine if it's Walkable that's mean you can stand there so you can teleport otherwise you can't .
Of course. However, that doesn't tell you what coordinates are walkable. Sure, you can write a simple look to give you a list of what coordinates are in fact walkable, but that's not a very smart idea, as it'd give you ANY walkable coordinate, which could be off in the middle of nowhere (We're talking about TQ's DMaps, here.)

Edit: Also, your map should be a ushort aswell. It's not a big deal, but I doubt the MapID will ever pass 65535
Old   #9

Quote:
Of course. However, that doesn't tell you what coordinates are walkable. Sure, you can write a simple look to give you a list of what coordinates are in fact walkable, but that's not a very smart idea, as it'd give you ANY walkable coordinate, which could be off in the middle of nowhere (We're talking about TQ's DMaps, here.)

Edit: Also, your map should be a ushort aswell. It's not a big deal, but I doubt the MapID will ever pass 65535
when I posted, I intended to show him a way ,so he doesn't teleport to any coordinate since he was giving random coords.

about MapID yeah I think so ;P
Old   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_PoP View Post
when I posted, I intended to show him a way ,so he doesn't teleport to any coordinate since he was giving random coords.

about MapID yeah I think so ;P
Yeah. Assuming he's using a public source, that should have already been in place, but knowing some of the people who have released sources on here.. well, never mind that.
Old   #11

that simply means u haven't added ur desired map to ur database whatever your co-ordinate was u will never get such a message u'll get it only when ur gamemap.dat have the map u're lookin for but ur database didn't have it (that what i think)
Thanks
1 User
Old   #12

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,307
Teleport is client side only and will let you go to invalid coords. You use it to confirm you're on the right map, then find valid coords after. Using /map command will actually send you
Thanks
1 User
Old   #13

Ah, that explains it. So it is in fact portal behavior.
Old   #14

solved my problem, turns out im a dumbass lol. i was trying /teleport ID X Y .. which would just take me to the black "connecting to server" screen, its /teleport X Y ID .. been porting around all over the joint now .. Tq really went all out with the lvl 4 n 5 house i see .... .... .... .... lol that wasnt there last time i played.

next time im stuck im gonna give it a day or 2 before i post so im not wasting everyones time >.< lol. thanks for the attempted help tho
Old   #15

Quote:
solved my problem, turns out im a dumbass lol. i was trying /teleport ID X Y .. which would just take me to the black "connecting to server" screen, its /teleport X Y ID .. been porting around all over the joint now .. Tq really went all out with the lvl 4 n 5 house i see .... .... .... .... lol that wasnt there last time i played.

next time im stuck im gonna give it a day or 2 before i post so im not wasting everyones time >.< lol. thanks for the attempted help tho
That's alright, at least you figured it out. Good luck.