Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

This community

Old 04/30/2012, 17:43   #31

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,363
bottom line is, everyone wants to run a server, not give proper credit. takes other peoples code, renames it claims its theres. no point in sharing if its like that.

Old 04/30/2012, 17:45   #32

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,877
Quote:
Sure it applies to CO. How many people here have a source that they worked 100% on and NOT A SINGLE PERSON IN THE WORLD GAVE THEM ANY INFORMATION THAT LED TO ADVANCEMENT OF THAT SOURCE? How many people have cracked every piece of encryption ON THEIR OWN and then proceeded to build a fully working server from nothing? What's that answer? No one? hm. Sounds like a team effort to me.
That information was released as a means of "well, ****, there's no point in me keeping this private" most the time. The only person in this community who's ever shown a real interest in open-source development releasing things publicly was probably unknownone/Sparkie.

When I started coding HybridCO most the information I used was from UCCO which was released as "Well, we realize this is ****, but it's the first working sample we have. We have no intent on developing it further, so hopefully someone can take our findings and do something useful with it."
Till it's release, UCCO was privately developed.

Go on MSN.

Old 04/30/2012, 17:46   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
That information was released as a means of "well, ****, there's no point in me keeping this private" most the time. The only person in this community who's ever shown a real interest in open-source development releasing things publicly was probably unknownone/Sparkie.

Go on MSN.
I'm on msn 24/7.

Unless you make everything 100% yourself though, it's a team effort. Someone else helped you to build your server. Won't hurt to admit it.
Old 04/30/2012, 17:48   #34

yea, the coders help each other, why should we keep giving people the answers, how are they going to learn?.. They will just learn to leach.

Old 04/30/2012, 17:48   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bone-you View Post
ps. WHY IS MY NAME PURPLE NOW. I liked my black level2 name
My theory; you posted in Lat's mod application and when the admin made Lat mod he noticed a level 2 with a black username and changed it.
Old 04/30/2012, 17:49   #36

PS: i was around about the same time of you, infact i was at level 2 aswell back in the day with a guy called Ultima. havent seem him around though, he and i back in the days of alpha was the first to break the crypto. long before the game was well know. so dont tell me about releasing ****.
Old 04/30/2012, 17:50   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimation View Post
yea, the coders help each other, why should we keep giving people the answers, how are they going to learn?.. They will just learn to leach.
I'm already a pro.

The fact is the few people that have it(I can count 5?) won't release it. I personally dont see how this thread will change anything, but in a way, I do support it.
Old 04/30/2012, 17:55   #38

Quote:
PS: i was around about the same time of you, infact i was at level 2 aswell back in the day with a guy called Ultima. havent seem him around though, he and i back in the days of alpha was the first to break the crypto. long before the game was well know. so dont tell me about releasing ****.
Cool beans. Want props? Then have them. If you're all done with that then, this discussion is about how everything is so private, not how much you've helped in the past.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/30/2012, 17:58   #39

im saying, why should we continue to release things to a bunch of noobs who dont have a clue except leach stuff and make profit from our work?
Old 04/30/2012, 18:03   #40

Quote:
im saying, why should we continue to release things to a bunch of noobs who dont have a clue except leach stuff and make profit from our work?
Because that is how the world works. Someone will always try to make a profit off something they didn't make. HEY! Like this community for example! Everyone making a profit off of something TQ made. No double standards. Everything here should be open.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/30/2012, 18:04   #41

well, i couldnt disagree more, maybe u should start submitting stuff, apart from useless comments.

also i know plenty of people who have released stuff, they dont get rewarded, like access to level 2 or anything. so its pointless.
Old 04/30/2012, 18:04   #42

Received Thanks: 2,502
Why am i now being labelled as someone who is against releases? I have released many many more things than you have bone, many more, to even suggest that im against releases is just straight up insulting.

And why am i now speaking for the community, i am speaking as a member of it about the state of the community. Miss-interpretation much.
Old 04/30/2012, 18:05   #43

Received Thanks: 3,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by bone-you View Post
Because that is how the world works. Someone will always try to make a profit off something they didn't make. HEY! Like this community for example! Everyone making a profit off of something TQ made. No double standards. Everything here should be open.
Don't you just love how most private servers add the term ( Educational purposes only ) to their ToS?
Old 04/30/2012, 18:10   #44

Quote:
well, i couldnt disagree more, maybe u should start submitting stuff, apart from useless comments.

also i know plenty of people who have released stuff, they dont get rewarded, like access to level 2 or anything. so its pointless.
You're saying that you have the right to profit off of TQs work, but no one here has a right to profit off of yours in regards to CO? You sir, make me laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Why am i now being labelled as someone who is against releases? I have released many many more things than you have bone, many more, to even suggest that im against releases is just straight up insulting.

And why am i now speaking for the community, i am speaking as a member of it about the state of the community. Miss-interpretation much.
So, if you're for sharing, why are you arguing against me again? Please clarify it for me.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/30/2012, 18:13   #45

Received Thanks: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by m7mdxlife View Post
Don't you just love how most private servers add the term ( Educational purposes only ) to their ToS?
Yeah, obviously full of ****. I never did that for HCO.

« [HELP] Source error please help | Private conquer servers without donations? »