Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:46

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!


This community

Reply
 
Old 04/30/2012, 17:43   #31
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,307
Received Thanks: 1,363
bottom line is, everyone wants to run a server, not give proper credit. takes other peoples code, renames it claims its theres. no point in sharing if its like that.



Ultimation is offline  
Old 04/30/2012, 17:45   #32
 
elite*gold: 20
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,012
Received Thanks: 2,877
Quote:
Sure it applies to CO. How many people here have a source that they worked 100% on and NOT A SINGLE PERSON IN THE WORLD GAVE THEM ANY INFORMATION THAT LED TO ADVANCEMENT OF THAT SOURCE? How many people have cracked every piece of encryption ON THEIR OWN and then proceeded to build a fully working server from nothing? What's that answer? No one? hm. Sounds like a team effort to me.
That information was released as a means of "well, ****, there's no point in me keeping this private" most the time. The only person in this community who's ever shown a real interest in open-source development releasing things publicly was probably unknownone/Sparkie.

When I started coding HybridCO most the information I used was from UCCO which was released as "Well, we realize this is ****, but it's the first working sample we have. We have no intent on developing it further, so hopefully someone can take our findings and do something useful with it."
Till it's release, UCCO was privately developed.

Go on MSN.


InfamousNoone is offline  
Old 04/30/2012, 17:46   #33
 
elite*gold: 20
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,492
Received Thanks: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
That information was released as a means of "well, ****, there's no point in me keeping this private" most the time. The only person in this community who's ever shown a real interest in open-source development releasing things publicly was probably unknownone/Sparkie.

Go on MSN.
I'm on msn 24/7.

Unless you make everything 100% yourself though, it's a team effort. Someone else helped you to build your server. Won't hurt to admit it.
bone-you is offline  
Old 04/30/2012, 17:48   #34
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,307
Received Thanks: 1,363
yea, the coders help each other, why should we keep giving people the answers, how are they going to learn?.. They will just learn to leach.


Ultimation is offline  
Old 04/30/2012, 17:48   #35
 
elite*gold: 20
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,293
Received Thanks: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by bone-you View Post
ps. WHY IS MY NAME PURPLE NOW. I liked my black level2 name
My theory; you posted in Lat's mod application and when the admin made Lat mod he noticed a level 2 with a black username and changed it.
Kiyono is offline  
Old 04/30/2012, 17:49   #36
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,307
Received Thanks: 1,363
PS: i was around about the same time of you, infact i was at level 2 aswell back in the day with a guy called Ultima. havent seem him around though, he and i back in the days of alpha was the first to break the crypto. long before the game was well know. so dont tell me about releasing ****.
Ultimation is offline  
Old 04/30/2012, 17:50   #37
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,195
Received Thanks: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimation View Post
yea, the coders help each other, why should we keep giving people the answers, how are they going to learn?.. They will just learn to leach.
I'm already a pro.

The fact is the few people that have it(I can count 5?) won't release it. I personally dont see how this thread will change anything, but in a way, I do support it.
_DreadNought_ is offline  
Old 04/30/2012, 17:55   #38
 
elite*gold: 20
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,492
Received Thanks: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimation View Post
PS: i was around about the same time of you, infact i was at level 2 aswell back in the day with a guy called Ultima. havent seem him around though, he and i back in the days of alpha was the first to break the crypto. long before the game was well know. so dont tell me about releasing ****.
Cool beans. Want props? Then have them. If you're all done with that then, this discussion is about how everything is so private, not how much you've helped in the past.
bone-you is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/30/2012, 17:58   #39
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,307
Received Thanks: 1,363
im saying, why should we continue to release things to a bunch of noobs who dont have a clue except leach stuff and make profit from our work?
Ultimation is offline  
Old 04/30/2012, 18:03   #40
 
elite*gold: 20
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,492
Received Thanks: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimation View Post
im saying, why should we continue to release things to a bunch of noobs who dont have a clue except leach stuff and make profit from our work?
Because that is how the world works. Someone will always try to make a profit off something they didn't make. HEY! Like this community for example! Everyone making a profit off of something TQ made. No double standards. Everything here should be open.
bone-you is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/30/2012, 18:04   #41
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,307
Received Thanks: 1,363
well, i couldnt disagree more, maybe u should start submitting stuff, apart from useless comments.

also i know plenty of people who have released stuff, they dont get rewarded, like access to level 2 or anything. so its pointless.
Ultimation is offline  
Old 04/30/2012, 18:04   #42
 
elite*gold: 20
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,124
Received Thanks: 2,502
Why am i now being labelled as someone who is against releases? I have released many many more things than you have bone, many more, to even suggest that im against releases is just straight up insulting.

And why am i now speaking for the community, i am speaking as a member of it about the state of the community. Miss-interpretation much.
Korvacs is offline  
Old 04/30/2012, 18:05   #43
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 919
Received Thanks: 3,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by bone-you View Post
Because that is how the world works. Someone will always try to make a profit off something they didn't make. HEY! Like this community for example! Everyone making a profit off of something TQ made. No double standards. Everything here should be open.
Don't you just love how most private servers add the term ( Educational purposes only ) to their ToS?
m7mdxlife is offline  
Old 04/30/2012, 18:10   #44
 
elite*gold: 20
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,492
Received Thanks: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimation View Post
well, i couldnt disagree more, maybe u should start submitting stuff, apart from useless comments.

also i know plenty of people who have released stuff, they dont get rewarded, like access to level 2 or anything. so its pointless.
You're saying that you have the right to profit off of TQs work, but no one here has a right to profit off of yours in regards to CO? You sir, make me laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Why am i now being labelled as someone who is against releases? I have released many many more things than you have bone, many more, to even suggest that im against releases is just straight up insulting.

And why am i now speaking for the community, i am speaking as a member of it about the state of the community. Miss-interpretation much.
So, if you're for sharing, why are you arguing against me again? Please clarify it for me.
bone-you is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/30/2012, 18:13   #45
 
elite*gold: 20
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,012
Received Thanks: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by m7mdxlife View Post
Don't you just love how most private servers add the term ( Educational purposes only ) to their ToS?
Yeah, obviously full of ****. I never did that for HCO.


InfamousNoone is offline  
Reply



« [HELP] Source error please help | Private conquer servers without donations? »

Similar Threads
[Community] GamerParadise-Community stellt sich vor!
03/12/2011 - Counter-Strike - 7 Replies
http://85.114.135.240/banned/images/logo.png Hallo liebe Gamer, wir, die GamerParadise(GP)-Community, sind gerade wieder neu im Aufbau und brauche dringend Spieler, daher stellen wir uns nun heute und hier vor. 1.0 Das Projekt 1.1...
Hey Community!
03/08/2011 - Say Hello - 12 Replies
Hallo E*PvP'ler ;) habe mir gedacht, ich muss jetz auch mal ran und mich vorstellen. Heisse Niko, bin 19 Jahre jung, Vater einer sen Tochter und Ehemann der besten Frau der Welt :D Komme aus einem Kaff, dessen Namen hier nicht auftauchen...
Hi community :)
09/05/2010 - Say Hello - 2 Replies
Hello elitepvpers ! Location: South-Germany Skills: 2 Years C++, ASM, OllyDBG, ... Games: Bad Company2, Aion, CSS Im here to learn, help and have fun :D



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:46.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Abuse
Copyright ©2018 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.