Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 15:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Source in Python

Discussion on Source in Python within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Source in Python

Has there ever been done one that I could use as reference or something? Or I'd be totally on my own feets? I tried search, but had no result and didn't really expect any results anyway.

Old 04/25/2012, 13:36   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
I recall a project like 6/5 years ago that was python based, how far it got or what happened to it i cant tell you, but nowadays im sure you would be on your own with this.
Old 04/25/2012, 14:10   #3

As far as I know clinton wrote a bot using Python, when it comes to a source.. dunno about that.
Old 04/25/2012, 14:14   #4

Writing a source in Python would be a bad move anyways due to the threading issues it has.
Old 04/25/2012, 14:32   #5

Yeah, was not gonna use it for anything, just learning purpose :P

Which threading issues are you talking about tho?
Old 04/25/2012, 14:42   #6

Python uses a Global Interpreter Lock, which basically switches processing between threads which basically boils down to sequential multi-threading, no 2 threads will be processed at the same time. Which in principle is fine as technically speaking this is how all threads are processed at a CPU level, however Pythons implementation of this is flawed, so when you get multiple threads and multiple cores the GIL basically has threads competing against each other for the lock as they are on different CPUs which results in dramatic decreases in performance to the point where you might aswell run a single threaded application.

Read this for detailed explanation
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/25/2012, 14:56   #7

Thanks a lot for that, will read it ^^