Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

FYI and my Thoughts

Discussion on FYI and my Thoughts within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
FYI and my Thoughts

Well, I donno if anyone cares (don't care myself if anyone doesn't), but I've decided to quit the entirety of Co-PServers, just FYI. I've decided to focus more on school, and partying. Don't ask for my source or any codes cause I've deleted them.

Also, I've become disappointed in E*Pvp, it has become a place of others making fun of new E*Pvpers for not knowing something, and helping others is a ******* legend. No one gets help, no one grows, no one learns. It has also become a place of showing off, and hording (which we all know weakens the economy).

So, just in conclusion, see ya'll around, and thanks for destroying E*Pvp.
<- first time using one of these "Smilies".
Old 10/17/2008, 04:42   #2

elite*gold: 0
But you've been the most helpful to me yet.
Old 10/17/2008, 05:08   #3

fun
Old 10/17/2008, 06:15   #4

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Hows about our team? One day you ask for the source and all the codes,next day you quit? Huh?
Old 10/17/2008, 06:23   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonscim View Post
But you've been the most helpful to me yet.
Yerr, sorry dude. You can add me on msn if you want.
I won't be on much, but I'll make a special effort to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emildayan1 View Post
Hows about our team? One day you ask for the source and all the codes,next day you quit? Huh?
Yeah, I was gonna add everything I coded to the existing source, but then I decided to live my life =P
So I just deleted it, along with my other sources.

Btw, I'll still be on E*Pvp for Conquer section (since I still play Conquer occasionally, and I will check this post for a bit)
Old 10/17/2008, 09:04   #6

I tottaly agree with you, as me and tane were discussing, Conquer is no challenge... however if i do make a server i will atleast challenge myself and go for the C++ approach and learn :P... im actually going to start learning c++ properly ... but meh Kinshi you won't remember this but back when CoEmu started and Jack was literally an idol back then (well atleast to me)... the people who where a member of CoEMU wanted to learn... thus it brought out people like me (LOL!), the guy who made lotf , also Andy & Ranny (Coders Of CoEmuV2) were Admins there..and many other people... IMO E*PvP is absolutely pointless. thats the difference, the people there wanted to learn and could learn.. the average people we get on here really do need to give up
Old 10/17/2008, 10:28   #7

This thread is dramatical...but true
Old 10/17/2008, 11:03   #8

Received Thanks: 1,000
e*pvp has been like that for ages it's not just a recent change. There isn't much you can do to improve it; Either deal with it or leave. Many old school e*pvpers have chosen the 2nd option.

If you choose to deal with it, there isn't much we can do to improve the situation but hey, atleast we can try?

@Haydz : C++?
Old 10/17/2008, 13:25   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanelipe View Post

@Haydz : C++?
join with me in holy C++'ness
Old 10/17/2008, 13:41   #10

I havent been here nearly as long as you guys, but i agree with kinishi, this place has become a market place (literally). I'm not saying you need to post every code you have online, but it doesnt hurt to give advice on how to code something.

@Haydz: Would you mind telling me where you're gonna be learning C++, i'd love to give it a shot.
Old 10/17/2008, 21:52   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinshi88 View Post
Well, I donno if anyone cares (don't care myself if anyone doesn't), but I've decided to quit the entirety of Co-PServers, just FYI. I've decided to focus more on school, and partying. Don't ask for my source or any codes cause I've deleted them.
Sorry to hear that bro, you've helped me out alot, and I do appreciate it very much.

Quote:
Also, I've become disappointed in E*Pvp, it has become a place of others making fun of new E*Pvpers for not knowing something, and helping others is a fucking legend. No one gets help, no one grows, no one learns. It has also become a place of showing off, and hording (which we all know weakens the economy).
I don't entirely agree. It's up to the people that join this forum to learn and grow, and there is alot of resources to make that an option. The newbies that come here only want to leech sources and steal other peoples work. Most don't even try to figure anything out for themselves. They try to get a source online and when they can't figure out simple things, they make an entirely new thread saying "HELP, I ISH NOOBAH!!!". This annoys me because the answer to most of their questions can be found by reading the guide. About the hording thing... I agree and disagree; I agree that people hord their work, but I just dont see a problem with that. I think its better for the community if people would try to code something, see it doesnt work, THEN ask people here why it doesnt work, instead of begging for someone to release it.

Quote:
So, just in conclusion, see ya'll around, and thanks for destroying E*Pvp.
<- first time using one of these "Smilies".
I don't think E*PVPERS is destroyed yet... there is still hope. I'm going to start releasing video tutorials for people to try and stimulate people to learn and grow. I hope it helps.
Old 10/17/2008, 22:36   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by © Haydz View Post
I tottaly agree with you, as me and tane were discussing, Conquer is no challenge... however if i do make a server i will atleast challenge myself and go for the C++ approach and learn :P... im actually going to start learning c++ properly ... but meh Kinshi you won't remember this but back when CoEmu started and Jack was literally an idol back then (well atleast to me)... the people who where a member of CoEMU wanted to learn... thus it brought out people like me (LOL!), the guy who made lotf , also Andy & Ranny (Coders Of CoEmuV2) were Admins there..and many other people... IMO E*PvP is absolutely pointless. thats the difference, the people there wanted to learn and could learn.. the average people we get on here really do need to give up
I want to learn C++, and make my own source too... I'm getting reeeally tired of LOTF D:. If you start to learn, count me in, I know some **** in C++.... x_x. If you find some good tutorials PM meh
Old 10/18/2008, 05:10   #13

Received Thanks: 2,882
If your not doing too well in C# or aren't understanding just general OOP programming your going to die in C++, Just a heads up; I got frustrated the first one or two times I tried with C++. The compiler isn't as "pretty" and doesn't "baby" you as much as the C# one.

* Edit: I've developed a native IDE for C# if your only using C++ for small amounts of native work, there's really no point.
Old 10/18/2008, 15:04   #14

Yeah i got frustrated last time i tried to use it and then when i tried again yesterday, same happened :|
Old 10/18/2008, 15:47   #15

I guess i just made the mistake of mixing up C++ and C#, but just to clarify, im gonna try to learn C#. I remeber seeing a guide on EPVP about how to do some stuff. I'll look for it again and if all else fails, i'll try google, maybe youtube aswell.