Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:13

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

Serverside latency?

Reply
 
Old   #1
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 759
Received Thanks: 538
Serverside latency?

I am sure that there are packets that if they are sent server->client the client will respond uniquely back. Has anyone got across one of those packets? With such a packet the server could have a ping for it's own (the client has already one 1009:27).

Main usage would be a way to detect speedhackers, as most of the time laggers are supposed to be speedhackers, just by checking at the latency (serverside) you could know for sure if it's a lagger or not.

Has anyone already handled this method? Is it useful? The latency is simply the time it takes for the client to answer to the packet the server has sent, but would it be useful to have an average of all latencies gathered since the client was logged in? How about this formula lCurrent = (lCurrent + latency) / 2; [latency - parameter, usage: lCurrent (as the latency that the client might have at this time)]?


---
Nevermind the second question.



-impulse- is offline  
Old   #2

 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,389
Received Thanks: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by -impulse- View Post
I am sure that there are packets that if they are sent server->client the client will respond uniquely back. Has anyone got across one of those packets? With such a packet the server could have a ping for it's own (the client has already one 1009:27).

Main usage would be a way to detect speedhackers, as most of the time laggers are supposed to be speedhackers, just by checking at the latency (serverside) you could know for sure if it's a lagger or not.

Has anyone already handled this method? Is it useful? The latency is simply the time it takes for the client to answer to the packet the server has sent, but would it be useful to have an average of all latencies gathered since the client was logged in? How about this formula lCurrent = (lCurrent + latency) / 2; [latency - parameter, usage: lCurrent (as the latency that the client might have at this time)]?


---
Nevermind the second question.
The MsgTick (1012) packet is used by TQ to disconnect people with bad connection. It is probably the best solution to ping the client.


CptSky is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #3
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 759
Received Thanks: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
The MsgTick (1012) packet is used by TQ to disconnect people with bad connection. It is probably the best solution to ping the client.
I don't really want to disconnect people with bad connection, more like just want to see if they lag or not to see who is speeding or not. Thanks for the tip.
-impulse- is offline  
Old   #4

 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,389
Received Thanks: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by -impulse- View Post
I don't really want to disconnect people with bad connection, more like just want to see if they lag or not to see who is speeding or not. Thanks for the tip.
It was to say how TQ use the packet, but they disconnect client where the answer speed is too slow, so it's a ping packet.


CptSky is offline  
Old   #5
 
elite*gold: 20
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,122
Received Thanks: 2,490
1012 was known as a botcheck packet for a long time because of the way it behaved however it was not intended to be a botcheck at all really, although im sure you can adapt it to whatever function you wish.


Korvacs is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
lag, latency tool
After weeks of lagging like he... (800 ms) and reading of 1000 of threads i found out about latency optimizer (badosoft.com) what brought me down on...
1 Replies - WoW Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros
Leatrix Latency Fix
A latency fixing script by Leatrix (All Credits for this script to him/Her!) I Just re-posted his thread here because i thought it might be useful...
0 Replies - Tutorials
Latency Fix
If you're using your skills and there's a 1-2 second delay before your character uses the skill you can attempt to 'fix' it by downloading and...
3 Replies - 9Dragons
Latency probs:D
No idea if anyone has any ideas. I hear ppl want to play on those chinese servers. currently im playing in region 6 where those free 2 play servers...
17 Replies - Aion Main - Discussions / Questions



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:13.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Abuse
Copyright ©2018 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.