Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 07:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

How to make items unable to be weared except of deleting?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How to make items unable to be weared except of deleting?

I tried to delete talismans and more stuff from my 5525 source and due to the fact that items were missing from Items.txt the source started crashing and i am thinking to make some restrictions not deleting them...any idea?
I've tried to delete them from packet handler and most of the references but when i try to equip it, it disappears and i get an error on console regarding to equipping it.
Eg.:
I am thinking at something like an message : "You are not allowed to wear this kind of items!''

Old   #2

Very simple, upon equipping the item you need to check the item ID range and see if its between a tails ID range if so, not allow it.

If your source is coded well it would be much more simple, in my first source from scratch it would've been like so:
Code:
if (item.isTails())
{
client.Send(New message("You are not allow to wear that **** bro, you crazy?!", Color. Blue, MessageID.Center));
}
^- three lines, job done.

#edit
incase you ask, IsTails is a method that returns a bool, it simply checks one of the current items ENUMS and tells you if its a tails or w/e, quicker then checking the ranges.

Old   #3

i am having an impulse source upgraded to 5518+ one released by hammy on another forum ,and should i put something like that in packet handler, where it checks the items positioning?or in equipment.cs?
Old   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by mujake View Post
i am having an impulse source upgraded to 5518+ one released by hammy on another forum ,and should i put something like that in packet handler, where it checks the items positioning?or in equipment.cs?
Just use albetros lol. If its the one I'm thinking of that you're using it has virtually no features. Albetros is stable, medium amount of features.and already has Talism not allowed.

Old   #5

how about just deleting 'em from ur itemtype.dat??