Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Help]Problem with AuthServer

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
Lol, you commented with the same type of response as I did, since you were wanting to cover all outcomes, I was expanding from there. The Server=localhost or Server=127.0.0.1 or Server= will cover 99 percent of all outcomes. If it doesn't cover them, then they have obviously changed it previously and know where it is lol.

&Can't believe you felt the need to comment on both of your posts.

Old   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12k View Post
You need to add it to your connection string... So use control + F, make sure the bottom box is set to Entire Solution. Then search for Server=127.0.0.1, or Server=localhost. Put it at the end of that string.
Thank you very much, this worked! I now need to configure other tables, so that registering with vbulletin registers to the game server.

I ran into another problem which I thought I would, vBuletin encrypts passwords, conquer login doesn't recognize the encryption =/

Any idea's?

EDIT: The authserver reads the decryption, I write in the password "test" to login the game and the AuthServer reads it as the decryption. Just seems the client isn't logging in?

Old   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle191 View Post
Thank you very much, this worked! I now need to configure other tables, so that registering with vbulletin registers to the game server.

I ran into another problem which I thought I would, vBuletin encrypts passwords, conquer login doesn't recognize the encryption =/

Any idea's?

EDIT: The authserver reads the decryption, I write in the password "test" to login the game and the AuthServer reads it as the decryption. Just seems the client isn't logging in?
vBulletin uses a MD5 hash with a salt attached to it. I don't believe you will be able to figure it out. Not to try to sound like a douche, just trying to be realistic. But in simple terms, this is how it works:

Password = MD5 Hash ( MD5 Hash ( True Password ) + Salt)

The salt is stored in the user table under the field "salt".

(Its been years since ive messed with the vbulletin hash, so it may of changed)

But in simple terms, after the rc5 decryption of the password in the source, you will then need to re-encrypt it using this method, then check it with the value in the database. Too much code to make a whole walk through on here.
Old   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12k View Post
vBulletin uses a MD5 hash with a salt attached to it. I don't believe you will be able to figure it out. Not to try to sound like a douche, just trying to be realistic. But in simple terms, this is how it works:

Password = MD5 Hash ( MD5 Hash ( True Password ) + Salt)

The salt is stored in the user table under the field "salt".

(Its been years since ive messed with the vbulletin hash, so it may of changed)

But in simple terms, after the rc5 decryption of the password in the source, you will then need to re-encrypt it using this method, then check it with the value in the database. Too much code to make a whole walk through on here.
No you don't sound like a douche, you are probably right. I really don't want to stop here. I know I can't really mess around with vBulletin files as i will have errors left right and center.

You are correct, there is a salt database table, this has a hash code "@~/i{S;B1#(mS2vZ/7Yd\uOZ%EK7~G" lol.

I really don't want to stop here, but I doubt I will figure this out.
Is there a much simpler way you can think of?

Old   #20

Nope, thats the only way to really do it. You cant edit it in vbulletin because it has several different files that use it. If you would like, send me ur msn over PM and ill see what I can do.
Old   #21

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,490
Its very simple to have your C# source use an MD5 hash:

MD5 Class

examples at the bottom.

Or

HMACMD5 Class

Code:
var hmacMD5 = new HMACMD5(salt);
var saltedHash = hmacMD5.ComputeHash(password);
Provided that 12k is correct of course.