Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

C# Vote NPC idea

Discussion on C# Vote NPC idea within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
C# Vote NPC idea

Hello guys,

Anybody can help me with just an IDEA of making a C# website vote npc, Would be very grateful.

Explanation:I will be more explaining, someone should talk to npc and the npc open the website (as you said) then he must have a reward, I wanna be sure that he have voted not talked to the npc and just ignore the vote, I give the player cps he give me vote.

Thanks.
Old 01/02/2012, 21:18   #2

Vote where?
Old 01/02/2012, 21:19   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Vote where?
Should mentioned that sorry, website vote.
Old 01/02/2012, 21:40   #4

Subtype 0x839/2105 of packet 1004 causes a client to open a webpage. Just send the webpage to open in the "message" field to the character talking to the NPC.
Old 01/02/2012, 21:53   #5

I will be more explaining, someone should talk to npc and the npc open the website (as you said) then he must have a reward, I wanna be sure that he have voted not talked to the npc and just ignore the vote, I give the player cps he give me vote, got it?
Old 01/02/2012, 22:09   #6

you can't do that...
end of story
Old 01/02/2012, 22:11   #7

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by -GeniuS- View Post
I will be more explaining, someone should talk to npc and the npc open the website (as you said) then he must have a reward, I wanna be sure that he have voted not talked to the npc and just ignore the vote, I give the player cps he give me vote, got it?
... You got an answer. If you can't figure it out from the information given to you and with the resources you have access to, then give up on making a private server. There are hundreds out there that can use your support.

Mad? Prove me wrong then.
Old 01/02/2012, 22:17   #8

Add me on msn, I'll help you out man.
Old 01/02/2012, 22:31   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
... You got an answer. If you can't figure it out from the information given to you and with the resources you have access to, then give up on making a private server. There are hundreds out there that can use your support.

Mad? Prove me wrong then.
I bet you also can't figure it out, and the private server won't be destroyed if there isn't that npc, never mind.
Old 01/02/2012, 22:57   #10

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by -GeniuS- View Post
I bet you also can't figure it out, and the private server won't be destroyed if there isn't that npc, never mind.
It's incredibly simple. As fang said, not our fault if you can't figure out how to use the information posted and tons of public sources.
Old 01/02/2012, 23:37   #11

Simple, don't help me.
Old 01/03/2012, 00:12   #12

Well I offered.
Old 01/03/2012, 00:24   #13

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
It's incredibly simple. As fang said, not our fault if you can't figure out how to use the information posted and tons of public sources.
Is it really the simple? I have seen voting NPCs before but none that FORCE you to vote, most just lead you to the voting page and you can still choose not to vote while still receiving voting benefits for clicking.
Old 01/03/2012, 00:27   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco. View Post
Well I offered.
Sorry, didn't remember, I've just added you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyono View Post
Is it really the simple? I have seen voting NPCs before but none that FORCE you to vote, most just lead you to the voting page and you can still choose not to vote while still receiving voting benefits for clicking.
That what I meant, I don't see it simple.
Old 01/03/2012, 00:58   #15

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyono View Post
still simple but the issue is then changed to PHP and the website itself.

There's lots of ways to do it, the easiest being a simple in/out page for the website. Out page on website checks conditions and forwards users to the vote page while updating the vote database.

In page handles the returned click from the top 100 site, checks conditions in db and handles awarding of cps/items.

Really quite simple.. We did it on hellmouth for the first bit but it's not a very nice system unless your server is currently top 5-10 (user had to find the banner and click it in order to get a reward).

Last I saw trinity was using a similar system but possibly basing it on a more advanced framework.