Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 09:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Hamachi

Discussion on Hamachi within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hamachi

I'm curious. Why does everyone insist on using hamachi to connect servers? Is it out of laziness or just not taking the time to learn how to do simple things like port forwarding? I just don't understand the reasoning behind putting 3rd party software on your system when you can do without it and achieve the same, if not better results. Not trying to flame or anything, just curious as to the reasoning behind it.

-Dx
Old 12/20/2011, 18:52   #2

Yeah, most of people don't know how to port forward & they don't even search on google; so it's easier for them to just install a program and they are good to go.
Old 12/21/2011, 00:50   #3

I use hamachi, problem?
Old 12/21/2011, 04:05   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
The only times I've bothered to use it is for debugging poor connections. It takes out that extra element of human error when helping people debug problems.

Past that, I agree. Hamachi sucks and I'd never, ever bother using it on anything that I expected others to connect to.
Old 12/21/2011, 08:08   #5

I dont use it at all, the only reason I have in the past was because the router wasnt able to port forward was such a pos..
Old 12/21/2011, 14:52   #6

Hamachi is okay for testing, private networks where you should only share it with a few people and no others, hence you put password on the network.

Hamachi is not okay for public networks, but neither is a normal pc. Buy a server or don't bother setting something up public.