Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Gibberish Text

Discussion on Gibberish Text within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Gibberish Text

Old 12/17/2011, 22:23   #2

Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deсker View Post
This is basically a question about 5095 bins.

So in this source I'm using, nothing is translated. The text of everything is sora like this: "ÆÕͨװ±¸±ØÐëÄ;öȵÍÓÚ50%²ÅÄÜÁ¶»¯!", which makes no sense at all.

If I remember correctly, I read a thread at one point that said it has something to do with the languages in my computer?

What I wanna know is, how to make it translatable to English.

Thanks in advance
It's chinese symbols, but you don't have the related language on your computer, so it's interpreted as a normal ASCII text, but it's not.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/17/2011, 22:25   #3

elite*gold: 20
Set your computer language to Chinese and it should work or if you are viewing it in a program, use Applocale, set it to Chinese and open the program that you are using. It will make the gibberish proper Chinese and you'll be able to translate it to English, if you know Chinese that is and no Google translate doesn't work.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/17/2011, 23:49   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Hmm..there's no way to translate the Chinese into English?
Google translate will work fine... but it will be HORRIBLY translated.

Machine translation will provide you with nothing more than a starting point. From there you can do a bit of batch translation and then anything after that has to be done manually.

Note: by batch translation I mean find common mistranslated word/phrase and run a sql replace command to translate them all at once.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/18/2011, 01:12   #5

Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
As CptSky said- I don't have the language on my computer. I do remember somebody saying how to do this on a thread, which I can't find. Anyone know the language I need?

@Pro - Thanks, I will use google translate xD
With the CD of Windows, you'll be able to install the Chinese pack to support these kind of charset.
Thanks
1 User