Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Development] Burning Skies: Profaned Sanctuary

Discussion on [Development] Burning Skies: Profaned Sanctuary within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old 12/09/2011, 22:55   #31

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
You're ignorant if you think I was talking about commenting. I'm extremely pro-documentation and it's essential to document if you're in a team project.

Here's a snippet of my documentation of a subtype of packet 1010/10010.

/// <summary>
/// Sent client->server when a player requests a teammate's position. Server responds with the requested information.
/// (client->server) entityUID = requestedCharacterUID, ValueD = requestedCharacterUID.
/// (server->client) entityUID = characterUID, ValueA = requestedXcoordinate, ValueB = requestedYcoordinate, ValueD = requestedCharacterUID.
/// </summary>
RequestTeammatePosition = 0xA6,
Ohhh, sorry, I didn't see "implication". I'm currently doing 5 things at once. And that's some good documentation. That's exactly what I do too.
Old 12/10/2011, 05:29   #32

elite*gold: 0
Not a flame -

You said you came up with 'The Returning Light' before TQ did. How exactly do you know that? They could have come up with it years ago, planning for it to be used today.

Also, you said your planning on opening the server on December 25, 2012. It's highly doubtful you will stay on the same project for over a year (your reputation for finishing sources..not so well).

All in all, goodluck
Old 12/10/2011, 05:39   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deсker View Post
Not a flame -

You said you came up with 'The Returning Light' before TQ did. How exactly do you know that? They could have come up with it years ago, planning for it to be used today.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deсker View Post
Also, you said your planning on opening the server on December 25, 2012. It's highly doubtful you will stay on the same project for over a year (your reputation for finishing sources..not so well).

All in all, goodluck
I've been working on Conquer New Dawn since December 2009. All of the ideas and drafts are that old. I started learning how to code in March 2010. I created my first source in June of 2011. Kibou was my first custom source - and it was terrible. This is my second custom source. It's much, much better. I don't have a reputation for quitting - I needed to teach myself how to code somehow. You can't learn C# overnight. People need to be more patient.

Edit: And thanks. I'm going to need it. It's a really big project.
Old 12/10/2011, 08:45   #34

Good luck bud
Old 12/12/2011, 06:12   #35

If anyone is interested in assisting me with the Daybreak expansion, check out the Conquer New Dawn forum (accessed through my blog: ). Currently, I'm looking for imagineers - people who know basic coding but are also extremely creative. Thanks for your interest everyone.

Edit: I don't expect anyone to sign up - I'm just offering these positions so people at least have a chance to help make Daybreak personal to them.
Old 12/12/2011, 16:24   #36

I never said I was against documentation, so in the end, we are all ignorant, or none of us is.
Old 12/14/2011, 08:44   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco. View Post
This "Development" thread has been open for 4 days, when are you going to post some actual development?
Oh... and bug the forum? I didn't know that's how these worked. Well... mk. I have the Account Server and all of the socket systems working properly. I have login done (so you can now login). I'm working on the map system right now (to code spawns and such). I have the ground class coded (which stores floor tile data). I haven't tested it yet but it should work much better than my pervious one (performance wise and RAM-Usage wise). I'm currently working on loading map details. I'm planning on making a multi-threaded loader (probably 8 threads since my laptop has 8 cores and I want to take advantage of that). Besides the map system, the only thing working atm is logging in. I was able to completely get rid of the switches for junk exchange and the packet splitter. My socket system is much smarter than it was before, so I don't have to worry about things like that... and that's basically what I've been up to for 4 days (besides taking and studying for finals which are still not done yet).

Edit: I'll just summarize what i'm doing on the first post and keep the details to my blog.
Old 12/14/2011, 09:54   #38

i'd be interested in joining up with yah fang. If you wouldn't mind, considering from what I am to understand pro wont be working on hellmouthco for awhile.
Old 12/14/2011, 18:57   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazarxPaul View Post
i'd be interested in joining up with yah fang. If you wouldn't mind, considering from what I am to understand pro wont be working on hellmouthco for awhile.
What would you be interested in doing? You wouldn't be able to work on the source code - it would drive you insane working with me. I'm really careful and I think through every little thing when I code.
Old 12/17/2011, 08:17   #40

can always help yah with the php stuff if youd like.. would be nice tho if someone would teach me a few things about it, i mean i can do basic stuff still but thats about it..
Old 12/17/2011, 08:37   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazarxPaul View Post
can always help yah with the php stuff if youd like.. would be nice tho if someone would teach me a few things about it, i mean i can do basic stuff still but thats about it..
Sure. It's going to be a while till I can make a website for Daybreak. What I really need is a new logo sketch - but Kelly might do that. I've been thinking though... should I keep Conquer Online's old, original logo from New Dynasty in my logo? It's not like I'm trying to make a new game out of it... I'm just trying to add my expansion to it (as if it was an official expansion).

As far as the source goes... I don't think you'd understand it. It's mostly all pointers.
Old 12/17/2011, 12:16   #42

Alright not a problem, just thought it would be cool to see if i could find someone to teach me a thing or 2, considering pro is busy most the time with college..
Old 12/17/2011, 23:52   #43

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
Sure. It's going to be a while till I can make a website for Daybreak. What I really need is a new logo sketch - but Kelly might do that. I've been thinking though... should I keep Conquer Online's old, original logo from New Dynasty in my logo? It's not like I'm trying to make a new game out of it... I'm just trying to add my expansion to it (as if it was an official expansion).

As far as the source goes... I don't think you'd understand it. It's mostly all pointers.
He's not that bad. You're very strict about most things but I know he did a bunch of the npcs/item usages in albetros. Yay for grunt work!
Old 12/18/2011, 00:51   #44

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
He's not that bad. You're very strict about most things but I know he did a bunch of the npcs/item usages in albetros. Yay for grunt work!
Yay for lazyness ? lols
Old 12/18/2011, 07:31   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
I think it's more of a trust issue really - not that I don't trust him to have the source, but that I don't trust him to do a good job. Daybreak is very VERY tightly coded atm... and idk if I can trust someone else right now to keep it together the way I do - not even you Chris.
Closed Thread