Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Committed to learn coding if anyone can teach me happyface

Discussion on Committed to learn coding if anyone can teach me happyface within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 12/06/2011, 13:48   #16

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
My argument pro math importance in programming : graph theory and game theory.
Neither of which are worth a penny if you cant think logically. If you cant think logically then you cant program logically which leads to the fact that you cant program, or cant program efficient, bug-free, working, easy to read and understand code. Your maths parts (if any) would look great if you were able to write them down in a logical fashion, but even then the rest of the source wont work so whats the point.
Old 12/06/2011, 14:03   #17

elite*gold: 0
The point is that there are problems which can be solved one way, or another, and if you`re in possession of knowledge like programming methods, or the theories listed above, which are based on math, the more likely you can find the optimal solution IMO.
Old 12/06/2011, 16:28   #18

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
While I can only talk on behalf of Ontario (a province in Canada) I find it staggering the amount of people who have high 90's in math, but then shoot themselves in the foot when it comes to physics. What does that say? Well, math is being memorized where as physics forces you to actually... think.
I'm one of those people, but it's not really a hard subject; it's the way it's taught at my university... that is, pointlessly rigorous and we were expected to be "fluent" in physics, and when I took the class, no one was a physics major (all engineering) and he had to grade on a 19 point bell curve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
My argument pro math importance in programming : graph theory and game theory.
I agree, discrete math is really important for computer science in general and has a slew of applications (by the way, discrete math is pretty much entirely logic based). When I said that you don't use math much in programming, I was talking about continuous math.