Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 22:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Classic server (How does TQ do it?)

Discussion on Classic server (How does TQ do it?) within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Classic server (How does TQ do it?)

Anyone got any thoughts on what packets do they send to make the client think that it is a classic server? (it includes GUI modification, such as BP, which I am interested in).

Because people are sooo unwilling to give out the latest cracks for CO's network I got to ask... so plx?? does anyone has any idea?

----Postponed----

Can anyone tell me exactly what is different about Classic CO and Normal CO? (TQ's vision)
Old 12/04/2011, 11:47   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Nothing has changed with the CO network that will prevent your proxy from working so long as you're not trying to decrypt, and re-encrypt passwords. A development proxy has no reason to do so anyways.
Old 12/04/2011, 11:58   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
Nothing has changed with the CO network that will prevent your proxy from working so long as you're not trying to decrypt, and re-encrypt passwords. A development proxy has no reason to do so anyways.
Awesome. (I heard something from people some saying that something new changed after the DH exchange change TQ did ... that's why I thought there was something new... I don't play CO much...like never nowadays.)

Anyhow thanks for this info I'll try to send packet by packet to the server until I can see the map and see which packet will modify the GUI.

If anyone already did this please don't let me waste time.

----Postponed-----

Can anyone tell me exactly what is different about Classic CO and Normal CO? (TQ's vision)
Old 12/04/2011, 13:58   #4

Well the login sequence on the most recent patch isn`t the old one anymore, for instance. You could check that.
Old 12/04/2011, 14:58   #5

Can anyone tell me exactly what is different about Classic CO and Normal CO? (TQ's vision)?
Old 12/04/2011, 15:03   #6

Received Thanks: 2,518
Its most likely part of the 10010 subtype which sends commands to the client, you can modify parts of the gui with that.
Old 12/04/2011, 17:08   #7

Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by -impulse- View Post
Can anyone tell me exactly what is different about Classic CO and Normal CO? (TQ's vision)?
Mostly, nothing special.

Quote:
Meanwhile, we would like to make some explanations about players' concerns about the Classic CO.

The Battle Power system is abolished in Classic CO. The Battle Power on your character's interface is a display of vacuity and does not affect the result of PvP.
There are no Talismans in Classic CO, though the slots on the equipment interface are preserved.
The DB & CP exchange service will be released on Saturday, Nov 21st.
The Equipment Bonus Quest Series is unavailable for Classic CO. The Trainer's Letter will be removed soon.
Old 12/04/2011, 17:45   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Its most likely part of the 10010 subtype which sends commands to the client, you can modify parts of the gui with that.
I know, I already messed with a command, it let's you rearrange the client's gui...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
Mostly, nothing special.
Thanks for clearing things up.
I have no idea why, but I always thought classic co has some modification in the GUI...but apparently not so it's useless.

#Questions answered. Mod may close the thread.
Old 12/04/2011, 21:59   #9

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
The only thing they did was make a server that sends a 10010 packet : subtype 116 : action 1101 on login. TQ is very lazy. That's the only difference between Classic and Normal.
Old 12/04/2011, 22:17   #10

Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
The only thing they did was make a server that sends a 10010 packet : subtype 116 : action 1101 on login. TQ is very lazy. That's the only difference between Classic and Normal.
TQ knows how to maximize their profits and how to avoid loss of time Why changing everything when you can just desactivate some things server-side?
Old 12/04/2011, 22:25   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
TQ knows how to maximize their profits and how to avoid loss of time Why changing everything when you can just desactivate some things server-side?
No doubt that they maximized their profits there... Just a lot of disappointed players (not like that's a problem for TQ though - most people don't even know what Conquer Online 1.0 was).
Old 12/04/2011, 23:08   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
No doubt that they maximized their profits there... Just a lot of disappointed players (not like that's a problem for TQ though - most people don't even know what Conquer Online 1.0 was).
We're almost ready with a hybrid classic server. No reborns(class change only), no cps, hard leveling (black name monsters 1 hits you... almost all the time even with cool gear).
Old 12/05/2011, 07:38   #13

Quote:
We're almost ready with a hybrid classic server. No reborns(class change only), no cps, hard leveling (black name monsters 1 hits you... almost all the time even with cool gear).
... that... doesn't sound fun...
No cps sounds fun.... otherwise... I would not enjoy that server at all. =|
Old 12/05/2011, 08:08   #14

Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
You have to realize is, when everyone refers to CO 1.0 being great, in no way is anyone referring to the leveling. The player verses environment on Conquer has always sucked, and will continue to always suck.

They're referring to the PvP. Good luck finding/building a community that wants a grind-fest (Aion lost a lot of players when people noticed this for instance). If you're looking for a good PvE that TQ actually created to borrow from, look no further than The Warlords. However, inversely, the PvE on there is great, but the PvP is terrible.

They use a system of campaigns you sign up for and do in teams (One can think of this roughly like a 'raid' on WoW).
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/05/2011, 08:19   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
You have to realize is, when everyone refers to CO 1.0 being great, in no way is anyone referring to the leveling. The player verses environment on Conquer has always sucked, and will continue to always suck.

They're referring to the PvP. Good luck finding/building a community that wants a grind-fest (Aion lost a lot of players when people noticed this for instance). If you're looking for a good PvE that TQ actually created to borrow from, look no further than The Warlords. However, inversely, the PvE on there is great, but the PvP is terrible.

They use a system of campaigns you sign up for and do in teams (One can think of this roughly like a 'raid' on WoW).
Exactly! Thank you!!