Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 09:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

To Everyone Who is Starting a New Server....

Discussion on To Everyone Who is Starting a New Server.... within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 07/31/2008, 17:57   #16

elite*gold: 0
haha good point
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/31/2008, 18:06   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckCo.1 View Post
because you said it ureself you don't know much about coding, you think Q could have set up Qonquer, or hybrid set up HCO without knowledge of coding? thats why it will fail
but the people of q and hco have not learned coding when they born they have asked other coders and they used guides just like me im learning it and i will tell everyone 1 thing iconquer will not fail in the first week like the other servers!
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/31/2008, 18:06   #18

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by #EvolutioN View Post
I know how u guys thinking about iConquer but im not like my
brother im not

gonna fail in this server! and yes i dont know much about coding but we made

a new website a graphic designer made it its not boring like

this site is realy realy good and we are working on

the forum now and its lotf source but 1 question CoNorth is dead why is it

not possible that iConquer will be the next Conorth only with reborn and

quests and a website that is made by a graphic designer why is that not possible?

WE EVEN BOUGHT DEDICATED SERVER FOR THE SERVER THE DEDICATED SERVER IS ONLINE ON AUGUST 9th

P.S: here a little preview of the new website its almost done (BEST VIEUWED IN MOZILLA FIREFOX)
Dont care what they say i was the main coder at CoNorth and i rly dont know much NewDuuDe as owner Has Full rights about the name CoNorth but if i look at your work u have the stuff to be the CoNorth!no...u will be better!

Cheers,

lolmaster^^

btw if u neeed help ill help u out^^
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/31/2008, 20:33   #19

#Evolution when will you be smart enough to make the font smaller it makes you look stupid
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/31/2008, 21:18   #20

I agree whit TruckCo.1 about what he said
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/31/2008, 21:29   #21

Quote:
but the people of q and hco have not learned coding when they born they have asked other coders and they used guides just like me im learning it and i will tell everyone 1 thing iconquer will not fail in the first week like the other servers!

What are you talking about i am pretty sure Hybrid aka InfamousNoone knows how to code since he made a guide in the guide section about it

Q built his OWN source from scratch and it is very stable he didn't go borrowing other people's sources and go posting 100000000 threads
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/01/2008, 00:32   #22

Ya he made a video tutorial on C# that was great. Yet Evolution has probably watched those videos and still doesnt know his *** from a hole in the ground when it comes to coding
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/01/2008, 00:37   #23

I've always found the best coders are people who don't waste there time making useless posts, I know several coders who are excellent Who have like 2 forum posts.
And the only times they do post is when there helping someone. Just my point of view.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/01/2008, 02:34   #24

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
but the people of q and hco have not learned coding when they born they have asked other coders Not alot, Q's like 30 something, and I don't know his life history, I've mainly only asked a few people for help, mainly.....ultimation, korvacs and toshiro.
and they used guides Never used a guide, I just skim over them to get what I need then I don't read the rest just like me im learning it and i will tell everyone 1 thing iconquer will not fail in the first week like the other servers It doesn't mean it won't...!
Read the bolded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdavey View Post
I've always found the best coders are people who don't waste there time making useless posts, I know several coders who are excellent Who have like 2 forum posts.
And the only times they do post is when there helping someone. Just my point of view.
Yeah, I know what you mean, I like to give my opinion and correct people when they're wrong, I also enjoy the reactions.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/01/2008, 06:37   #25

3. Can my hosting support so many users
-Only reason people release source is cuz its a piece of shyt. They know it isn't stable and they release it while they do a server recode. Even with a dedicated it would sux0r.
4. Get a life, Get a Job, Get a Girl friend, and do good in school (this is prolly the best alternative of all lol)
+1
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/01/2008, 06:51   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckCo.1 View Post
Recently i have seen dozens and dozens of new private servers springing up, and i have seen many of these so called "Creators" spamming numerous threads about their servers *cough* evolution *cough*. However the problem is that these servers fail, they are mostly shit that is based off other peoples work. I have no problem with people trying to create servers for their own private purposes using other people's sources, i have been trying to myself to create one for my friends and to fool around on. I am tired of seeing numerous threads that state "OMGZZZZ CONQUEER PRIVATE SERVER COME JOIN!@!!!!!" when the server is up for a day and is shit because no one could code the source because they have no idea what they are doing and no knowledge of programing

So if you feel you must post about a private server project i would ask you to ask yourself these questions b4 you foolishly post

1. Is my server 24/7 stable?
2. Is this MY source?
3. Can my hosting support so many users
4. Do i have any fcking idea how to code the server?
5. Do i have my shit together and am well organized (ie site/forums/acc creation)
6. has my server been lasting long?

If you cannot awnser these questions with a "yes" anwser please refrain from posting about them until you can. If you feel the need to act like an idiot please do not bitch and moan when people flame you pitiful attempt to seem like you can progam *cough* evolution *cough*

If you are fed up with regular CO you have pleanty of alternatives

1. Play Qonquer (Qonquer.net) it has much better rates, is extremely stable and is prolly the most complete private server out there

2. Play CoEmu has a great future a little unstable but magicman does a decent job

3. Play CoNorth don't know their site but they seem to have some of their shit together

4. Get a life, Get a Job, Get a Girl friend, and do good in school (this is prolly the best alternative of all lol)

Unfortunately for myself i am working on the 4th alternative but i recomend Qonquer it is what i play and it is pretty awesome.

Decided to put this in for anyone who wants to make a Private Server Project the right way

This is a link to Hybrid's C# Guide which will deff help, i haven't had time to watch it with college coming this month but i will deff try it nxt summer i hear its good and i suggest you watch it

Thank you for your time....
i AGREE 100%!

here is my list about PhoenixCo:
1. Is my server 24/7 stable? YES
2. Is this MY source? YES
3. Can my hosting support so many users YES
4. Do i have any fcking idea how to code the server? YES (Cuz its our coding style)
5. Do i have my shit together and am well organized (ie site/forums/acc creation) YES (only we are not done with the forum sorry )
6. has my server been lasting long? im not sure what u mean with that but we tested it months before we made a Open-Beta ^^
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/01/2008, 07:03   #27

@Brainless your site loads slower then epvp.

edit:
oh just my gay net.
I guess I could give this thing a try, nothing better to do.
Try and register a domain it costs like 5 dollars. I mean tell me a coder atleast has that much to spare.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/01/2008, 08:08   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacNR View Post
@Brainless your site loads slower then epvp.

edit:
oh just my gay net.
I guess I could give this thing a try, nothing better to do.
Try and register a domain it costs like 5 dollars. I mean tell me a coder atleast has that much to spare.
if u mean with try and register domain....... then yeah we gonna buy a .com (computer) or .net (netwerk) domain we are not sure and yeah its realy cheap
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/01/2008, 15:15   #29

I didn't read through all the pages but ... wouldn't it be a great idea to throw all efforts together and make an epvp privat server???
Would make more sense than like 20 server projects that don't really make it past beta.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/01/2008, 15:29   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalan_Jalan View Post
I didn't read through all the pages but ... wouldn't it be a great idea to throw all efforts together and make an epvp privat server???
Would make more sense than like 20 server projects that don't really make it past beta.
no it will be a big private server community mess up even noobs got gm then and there are no normal players anymore nothing is normal then
Thanks
1 User