Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 09:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

My checklist, Conquer-Sx fixup!

Discussion on My checklist, Conquer-Sx fixup! within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

View Poll Results: Do you think that I can turn Conquer-Sx around?
I think it's possible. It's not IMpossible. 2 14.29%
I honestly don't think it's possible. It just sucks too much. 9 64.29%
Yeah, keep your hopes up and keep going! 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Talking My checklist, Conquer-Sx fixup!

This is for those of you who are interested in servers who make Conquer-Sx work, regardless of how poorly coded it is. Note that I have almost no coding experience, I only learn what I know from general knowledge (threads are better than timers, one while is better than 4 if's, that sort of stuff) and what my mentor teaches me, fixes for me and I learn. This will also include my rank on the xtremetop100 as there is no server under the 5165 patch within the top 50.

Here's the checklist. The ones with x's in them are ones I've fixed. The % is how much of it is corrected

[]All of Conquer-Sx's data storage are using hashtables instead of dictionaries; 50%-ish
[]Very, very poor English; 25%
[]There is a bunch of useless stuff in the OldCoDB (useless npc's, mobspawns); 2%
[]Inventory isn't working fully; 99% (Just have to test it)
[]Horse Breeder doesn't work; 0%
[]Weapon socketing doesn't work; 99% (Just have to test it)
[x]Most of the GM/PM commands are scatter brained (Not organized); 100% Credit goes to my mentor Yuki
[]Most of the GM/PM commands don't work; 20%
[]Chat doesn't work right (Mainly whispering); 99% (Just have to test it)
[]No originality; 10% (I haven't gotten to this stage of editing the source)

This checklist is mainly for those who say the Conquer-Sx source fails. Well I'm here to show you and say that it can be made to work properly under the right team of people and that a successful server can be made off of this source.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/22/2011, 09:47   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Conquer-SX is a terrible, terrible source.
It will never, ever be successful no matter how hard you try.
Its base is trash- thus it cannot be recovered.

Everyone who's using Conquer-SX: Give up on it.
Old 07/22/2011, 09:52   #3

Ah, but wait until I make it into the top 10, then those words have no meaning lol.

Oh and Fang, I checked out the free wifi link from Google, lmao funny xD
Old 07/22/2011, 13:14   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmarexFox View Post
Ah, but wait until I make it into the top 10, then those words have no meaning lol.

Oh and Fang, I checked out the free wifi link from Google, lmao funny xD
I could create a server that does nothing at all and get that into the top 10, that doesnt make it 1. A good server or 2. Well written or 3. A good base to build a server on.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/22/2011, 13:21   #5

Agreed with korvacs...

ur being in the top 10 of xtreme doesn't mean anything...
Old 07/22/2011, 14:14   #6

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Do whatever you want. I'm just warning you that you're going to be wasting a huge amount of your time.
Old 07/22/2011, 14:23   #7

elite*gold: 28
Since I can, I'd honestly just write a source..

But if your not that "good" yet, Then it IS possible to fix this pile of **** up, Defiantly not impossible.

So here's how I'd do it, I'd hit File->New Project and make the source again, But adding everything one at a time from the old source, its much more orginzed and easy todo.

If you plan to hope "conquer-sx.csproj" and start from in there, you'r in for a hard time.
Old 07/22/2011, 19:33   #8

Just gotta let you know there is maybe 200 more bugs and I could point 99% of them out as I have taken the time to fix them in the original Newestcoserver, I can let you know that Conquer-sx has a way more bugs than the original source, but I would suggest you not to use them. The time it takes to fix them, at that time you can make your own source from scratch, which would be more stable. Once you have coded everything u to the base packets like walk/jump/spawn/items etc. then it everything goes fast.
Old 07/22/2011, 22:23   #9

Thanks to those of you who are telling me it's not impossible. I know certain things would be easier like what Bauss said, or Fang said. Either start over, copy/paste or choose a different source. But I figure that Conquer-Sx is the PERFECT training ground. There's so many bugs that need fixing, so many things that need upgrading. Yuki has already taught me so much from helping me fix this source. Once I fix it, I MIGHT release it. Depends on if Yuki and my co-owner agree as they have both added contributions to this source. I'll call it the upgraded and *truly fixed, not fixed by egy standards* fixed Conquer-Sx 5165 source.

To those who say it's impossible: That's just saying that you couldn't do it. Don't get me wrong though, for those of you who aren't flaming me like I believe Fang isn't trying to do and just telling me I'm wasting my time, thank you for trying to get me to move on. But I feel as if I can seriously do this. Join the side that has faith ^.^
Old 07/22/2011, 22:34   #10

elite*gold: 28
Yeah dude, I have some faith..

PM me for my msn if you need help.
Old 07/22/2011, 22:50   #11

Received Thanks: 1,107
sure you can and yes its ok to spend some/a lot of time to work on it as im almost sure that you'll think about moving on and maybe creating your own source in the next few months and by that time at least you learned something out of that work .

you don't need anybody opinion you just need to start . you need to start and learn by your self .

Impossible is nothing .

in fact i would like to show you my own attempt to fix that stuff if you are interested

good luck.
Old 07/22/2011, 23:12   #12

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Thanks to those of you who are telling me it's not impossible. I know certain things would be easier like what Bauss said, or Fang said. Either start over, copy/paste or choose a different source. But I figure that Conquer-Sx is the PERFECT training ground. There's so many bugs that need fixing, so many things that need upgrading. Yuki has already taught me so much from helping me fix this source. Once I fix it, I MIGHT release it. Depends on if Yuki and my co-owner agree as they have both added contributions to this source. I'll call it the upgraded and *truly fixed, not fixed by egy standards* fixed Conquer-Sx 5165 source.

To those who say it's impossible: That's just saying that you couldn't do it. Don't get me wrong though, for those of you who aren't flaming me like I believe Fang isn't trying to do and just telling me I'm wasting my time, thank you for trying to get me to move on. But I feel as if I can seriously do this. Join the side that has faith ^.^
No.... A perfect training ground would be a well coded, basic source which gives you good examples.

For example... hybrid's 5017 source, impulse's 5165 source.. korvs w/e the hell the patch source was.

They give you an idea of how things can be structured and coded without filling your head with horrendous coding practices to try to fix up.

Yes, you can make conquer-sx 'work'. Hell... you could even make it quite functional or, dare I say, good. It simply isn't worth it and will NOT be a good path to take if you want to learn to code properly.

Saying this not to be a douche... just that it's really a bad base to learn off.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/22/2011, 23:16   #13

Received Thanks: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
No.... A perfect training ground would be a well coded, basic source which gives you good examples.

For example... hybrid's 5017 source, impulse's 5165 source.. korvs w/e the hell the patch source was.

They give you an idea of how things can be structured and coded without filling your head with horrendous coding practices to try to fix up.

Yes, you can make conquer-sx 'work'. Hell... you could even make it quite functional or, dare I say, good. It simply isn't worth it and will NOT be a good path to take if you want to learn to code properly.

Saying this not to be a douche... just that it's really a bad base to learn off.
agreed
Old 07/23/2011, 00:01   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by { Angelius } View Post
sure you can and yes its ok to spend some/a lot of time to work on it as im almost sure that you'll think about moving on and maybe creating your own source in the next few months and by that time at least you learned something out of that work .

you don't need anybody opinion you just need to start . you need to start and learn by your self .

Impossible is nothing .

in fact i would like to show you my own attempt to fix that stuff if you are interested

good luck.
Anything I can see will help me become a better coder, I would love to see the attempt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post

Is there anything I can do to... for lack of a better word, format this into a good style of coding? Well first I must ask you, what exactly is a good style of coding? Please don't say "Well it's not Conquer-Sx, THAT'S for sure!" because that doesn't help Should I analyze the 5165 source that you mentioned and compare it to the Conquer-Sx source? Could I learn anything from that? Is it okay to use bases and to READ (not copy) off of another source and use this and that? What exactly is classified as leeching? I want to create something that's nice so I can give back to the community because all I've been doing is leeching and asking questions. I would like to release a fixed Conquer-Sx so people like me aren't tricked into believe it's (As Eragon-Sx once put it) "The best source in the world". Instead of going through the hell that I've been through to try and piece this back together they can download a well put together source that still has a decent structure. (The fact that Conquer-Sx is an OldCoDB is "structured" by my standards, I fail at using SQL databases)
Old 07/23/2011, 03:28   #15

Quote:
Anything I can see will help me become a better coder, I would love to see the attempt!

Is there anything I can do to... for lack of a better word, format this into a good style of coding? Well first I must ask you, what exactly is a good style of coding? Please don't say "Well it's not Conquer-Sx, THAT'S for sure!" because that doesn't help Should I analyze the 5165 source that you mentioned and compare it to the Conquer-Sx source? Could I learn anything from that? Is it okay to use bases and to READ (not copy) off of another source and use this and that? What exactly is classified as leeching? I want to create something that's nice so I can give back to the community because all I've been doing is leeching and asking questions. I would like to release a fixed Conquer-Sx so people like me aren't tricked into believe it's (As Eragon-Sx once put it) "The best source in the world". Instead of going through the hell that I've been through to try and piece this back together they can download a well put together source that still has a decent structure. (The fact that Conquer-Sx is an OldCoDB is "structured" by my standards, I fail at using SQL databases)

Closed Thread