Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Have a question about the security of my server. Can TQ get me?

Discussion on Have a question about the security of my server. Can TQ get me? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb Have a question about the security of my server. Can TQ get me?

Ok, so I've heard the TQ sacks people for running private servers. I would like to know if the following would remedy that.

1.) I use donation points. This would mean they donate for points instead of objects or CPs. They could use the donation points in-game to receive a reward or trade them for premium items, but they would not directly be purchasing items.

2.) My VPS is hosted in Germany. I've been searching different sites for like an hour to see if Germany has the international copyright law that let's TQ get you. Am I safe since I'm in germany?

3.) My client is not on my VPS or webhost. It's on megaupload. I should be good, right?

Would these things remedy my fear of being hit by TQ or is there a possibly I could be hit either way?
Old 07/22/2011, 19:36   #2

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y u k i View Post
1. Dun matter.
2. Dun matter.
3. Redistributing an Modified client is ILLEGAL
Offer a Download to a ORIGINAL 5165 Client, and offer a Patch on your site, so it remains Legal.
Or don't give a **** and make his own client. Remember having a ToS, that they're not allowed to visit your site or any of your content, that way they are breaking your ToS, for just entering site and checking if it's a modified client. Make sure to make an installer and not just a winrar archive, that means you can put your ToS there as well and they cannot even install it. Not sure if it will work, but it seems legit to me.
Old 07/22/2011, 23:15   #3

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Or do what all other servers do...

Ignore tq if they ever try to shut you down. They get bored of trying.

I remember tq sent QO like 10 cease and desist letters. They ignored them and continued running for years.