Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:35

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

TQ and Proxies

Discussion on TQ and Proxies within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
TQ and Proxies

The idea of a proxy is to hide ip addresses correct?
So if I put Chris's Proxy on a vps, and log into co, will my ip be covered?
(I just want to make sure because i'm only 99% positive).

Thanks.
Sincerely,
Spirited.
Old 04/08/2011, 08:06   #2

elite*gold: 20
lol co proxies don't work that way they only capture packets to and from server/client and are modified to do what ya want them to. It has nothing to do with masking ips your same ip will show up on co servers behind a proxy bot as it would without it the proxy just acts as a middle man to communicate modified packets to and from you to server and vice versa.

You can't hide your ip from TQ behind a proxy enless the proxy is really close to your location otherwise your ping would be insanely high from the latency. And why would you need to hide it anyway? TQ doesn't ip ban and even if they did it is so easy to change your ip now days even if ya have a static ip addy there is ways to force your providers modem to reassign a new ip addy.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/08/2011, 08:16   #3

Don't use a proxy to hide your ip. It can be tracked easy. Use a VPN.
And remember they work like this.

Your pc -> Proxy/VPN -> Server and your net will be slower all after where the Proxy/VPN is hosted.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/08/2011, 09:28   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
The idea of a proxy is to hide ip addresses correct?
So if I put Chris's Proxy on a vps, and log into co, will my ip be covered?
(I just want to make sure because i'm only 99% positive).

Thanks.
Sincerely,
Spirited.
Yes it should work just fine to hide your ip at least on a surface level. As mentioned these things CAN be tracked but there's a big difference between the possibility of it being traced and them actually caring enough to follow through with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw3ak View Post
lol co proxies don't work that way they only capture packets to and from server/client and are modified to do what ya want them to. It has nothing to do with masking ips your same ip will show up on co servers behind a proxy bot as it would without it the proxy just acts as a middle man to communicate modified packets to and from you to server and vice versa.

You can't hide your ip from TQ behind a proxy enless the proxy is really close to your location otherwise your ping would be insanely high from the latency. And why would you need to hide it anyway? TQ doesn't ip ban and even if they did it is so easy to change your ip now days even if ya have a static ip addy there is ways to force your providers modem to reassign a new ip addy.
Actually my vps is decently far away (as in I live in Ontario and it is in Pennsylvania) and my ping is perfectly fine routing my client through it

The only serious flaw with this plan is tq's client scanner. When triggered it would be connecting from your own computer and not the proxy.... which come to think of it should definitely be something tq checks (hmmm they are connected from a different ip then their client scan results came from..... /botjail)
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/08/2011, 10:47   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Yes it should work just fine to hide your ip at least on a surface level. As mentioned these things CAN be tracked but there's a big difference between the possibility of it being traced and them actually caring enough to follow through with it.

Actually my vps is decently far away (as in I live in Ontario and it is in Pennsylvania) and my ping is perfectly fine routing my client through it

The only serious flaw with this plan is tq's client scanner. When triggered it would be connecting from your own computer and not the proxy.... which come to think of it should definitely be something tq checks (hmmm they are connected from a different ip then their client scan results came from..... /botjail)
Which is why I have Impulse =p
(kidding, but thank Impulse for letting me use his computer over tv instead).
This thread can be closed unless u all want to talk on this (which I have no idea why you would but whatever).