Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 13:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Question about (case) in coding NPCDialog!

Old 04/04/2011, 22:07   #16

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,308
While his response was worded a bit rude, he's kinda right. To do anything properly with a server you will NEED to learn some basic programming and computer skills.

What korv was saying is correct, you are running the wrong exe files. There are two folders, one for debug, one for the actual compiled version.

Personally I'd just use the debug version for your server until it's 'finished'. As such just push f6 to debug/run it and then log in and test.

Once you've made all your changes and got the server done you can worry about using the actual compiled .exe files. He may disagree with me here, it just seems like the simplest/fastest solution when still designing the server basics and provides the highest level of error reporting.

Thanks
1 User
Old 04/05/2011, 08:46   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
So...use your brain, goto the folder where your source is, then goto the bin folder, and then see if you can figure it out from there.
What if it's his first time to use it? You can't expect him to know everything. What if I give you some program and tell you to do something. You won't know it before you either research or ask about it.

Old 04/05/2011, 10:08   #18

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syst3m_W1z4rd View Post
What if it's his first time to use it? You can't expect him to know everything. What if I give you some program and tell you to do something. You won't know it before you either research or ask about it.
Indeed, so they are under prepared and should not be attempt to perform source modifications before learning how to use the tools they will need to use in order to do that. Its once again a simple case of trying to do too much too fast without learning what needs to be learnt first.

And yes i expect them to know how to use the tools if they want to make modifications, everyone should expect that and it should be encouraged.

For programming you have to learn to walk before you attempt to run.