Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Development] Complete COServer

Discussion on [Development] Complete COServer within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Development] Complete COServer

Hi and thanks for watching this thread!

Before we start, I would like to point out that all work have and will be done by me. I do not base this upcoming server out of someone else's work.

Why this thread?
Quote:
The reason why I'm doing this kind of thread is because I need your help of how to refine and improve to game play in any way possible. I know many of you are sitting on some real good ideas and thought, and I really appreciate if you could share those with me, either over PM or in this thread. If you provide me with thoughts and ideas that I will bring in to the server, I can offer you a spot in the team as a gameplay refiner.

Progress: (last updated March 13 (12.46 PM)
Quote:
Login
Create, Load & Save characters
Basic playing (movement, interaction with others, chat etc)
Screen system (see other objects on screen)
Items (drop, loot, (un)equip)
NPC Interaction (talk, sell, buy)
Monsters (AI, spawn, re-spawn, drop)
Attacking
Skills (Trojan, Warrior, Taoist, Archer, Ninja, Monk)
Mentor system
Item locking
Guild
Teams
Item usage (Expballs, exppot, pots, scrolls etc)
Leveling
VIP (not fully tested though)
Marriage
Vending (Buy,Sell,Hawk,Exit)
Interaction with players (View Eqp, Trade)
DMaps
Refined mob AI (Also added cases for e.g guards/patrols)
Item Handling (upgrade level,quality,socket,progress and plus)
Arena (works like real CO)
Nobility
TrainingGround (Both normal and offline, both work as they should)
TradePartner
Weather
Mining
Broadcast
The server runs on patch 5373 (latest), and Monks are included yes.

Please, brainstorm this thread or my Inbox with ideas that you would like to see in a server! I would really, really appreciate it!!

Note: This is not an open-source project or will be. Thanks for understanding.

Special thanks to:
- Saving me some time logging packets
- Conquer Wiki
Old 03/12/2011, 16:10   #2

Reserved.

Monsters does now work, but are hardcoded at the moment as I haven't implemented attacking yet (next thing on the list).

<edit>
Attacking works like a charm, next is skills..

<edit2>
the majority of skills are now working, again, like a charm. (this includes zoning,sector, inline and linear)

<edit3>
Mentor system works as it should,
and so does Item locking.

Guilds are added aswell, going to wait a bit about Clan to see if it's really necessary.

<edit4>
Teams coded, including power-leveling (VPs too, using TQ's algorithm)
Item usage (when you right click an item and something happens)
this includes expballs, exppots, pots, scrolls

<edit5>
Leveling (perfect exp rate as well with a real good droprate.)
VIP (not fully tested though)

<edit6>
Vending, DMaps, Arena and Nobility added, works great.

I refined the mob AI a bit, fixing some minor problems with it and now it
seems to run great. Also added different cases of how a patrol/guard should act, as well as
a Messenger for example.

Item Handling is done, which means you can upgrade level/quality both in Market and TC, socket your equipment and plus your item, with the new progress method that TQ uses (don't know how new it is though, lol)

You can now interact with other players aswell, did this with the Marriage update. For example, View Equipment (including the charstats list to the left, noticed some p-servers don't have that) and Trading.

<edit7>
Broadcast, mining, weather and tradepartner done.

Trainingground is ready too, both normal (with a decent exprate) and offline (works through the exit window, as normal co).
Old 03/12/2011, 21:15   #3

Sounds like you got your hands full good luck!
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/12/2011, 23:40   #4

elite*gold: 20
If this is development for your own gain with no intentions to offer it to the community, this is a "Hey look what I have that you don't!" thread and also an advertisement under a different name just to be in the main section of co2 pservers.

Also, this can't be considered a "development" if it's not for the community because it doesn't move the community forward in any way.

These threads seriously should be disallowed unless they help progress the Co pserver community. >.>

(And yes, I have discussed in private to my friend about what I think about the "hellmouth 'dev'" thread.)
Thanks
7 Users
Old 03/13/2011, 00:53   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterX View Post
If this is development for your own gain with no intentions to offer it to the community, this is a "Hey look what I have that you don't!" thread and also an advertisement under a different name just to be in the main section of co2 pservers.

Also, this can't be considered a "development" if it's not for the community because it doesn't move the community forward in any way.

These threads seriously should be disallowed unless they help progress the Co pserver community. >.>

(And yes, I have discussed in private to my friend about what I think about the "hellmouth 'dev'" thread.)
Before I start, hi.

I'm not sure if you understand my concept though. The purpose of this thread is for the community to share their great ideas and thoughts, of either how to refine the game-play or such. This is not, or will ever be in my intention to just brag about what I've got and whatnot.

I am just looking for some great ideas and thoughts, that's all. Thought I'd make it into a development thread as well so people can follow up the work and, hopefully, this will bring people excited and interested, and may help during the beta period.

<note>
Main thread updated with new progress
Old 03/13/2011, 01:07   #6

Good luck with it.
If you need any help let me know.
Old 03/13/2011, 01:17   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kinshi View Post
Good luck with it.
If you need any help let me know.
Hey, thanks man!

If you'd know, it would probably save me some time playing around. Been logging the vending part, it seems like the dataID is 111, but what gets send keep confusing me.. Apparently the client then sends an empty datastructure, for some reason.

Any idea how it works?

Nevermind, sorted it out. You just need to send the booth as a SOB (with the right mesh,type, name and location) to the client then send the datastructure to change the action (I forgot the player sits after opening a booth)

I'll wait with adding it to the progress list though as I'd have to do the sell/buy/hawk, but that won't take long.

Thanks in advice!
Old 03/13/2011, 01:37   #8

Quote:

I think the dev hellmouth thread is used more on telling people about the progress of the server because some people are interested on playing or knowing what all has been going on with the server. It also shows that we are still active and any changes/addons we posts.

I could list a few more reason that its being used but you get the point.

Another thought yah I dont think it really should be in this section but it wouldn't fit anywhere else really that's why any updates I do on the website I just post in the advertising section
Old 03/13/2011, 01:47   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazarxPaul View Post
I think the dev hellmouth thread is used more on telling people about the progress of the server because some people are interested on playing or knowing what all has been going on with the server. It also shows that we are still active and any changes/addons we posts.

I could list a few more reason that its being used but you get the point.

Another thought yah I dont think it really should be in this section but it wouldn't fit anywhere else really that's why any updates I do on the website I just post in the advertising section
But not everybody in this forum is playing the server or will play it.
Old 03/13/2011, 01:54   #10

that's true but I think we should stay on topic, If admin's/Mods didn't agree with this type of stuff or the name they would say something.
Old 03/13/2011, 02:48   #11

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:

Well, obviously you're welcome to your opinion but I know that at least for me the tracking thread was used for questions and updates. I got lots of support through it when I hit snags and got lots of valuable input from both coders and possible players. Personally I feel that's a valid use of the DISCUSSION/QUESTION section but if the admins decide that it's not then that's fine.

Also... I did end up releasing the source so it did 'benefit the community'. Hell I've released all of my projects after they've ceased to be of use to me. I doubt the new source will be any different in the long run.
Old 03/13/2011, 04:16   #12

Dev Idea's - Bring out some new interesting events. Not the typical capture the flag , or free for all games. Do real events , where events take days or more than a couple of hours to complete. Events where you have to hunt monsters , find items that only drop during the event, trade them in for (rare) or items that are not easily or normal attainable. Events such as FFA , CTF, Team Pk are nothing but 10 15 mins games <-- and i reflect those words hardly. Games like conquer tho classified as a PVP game needs rpg twist to make it not only a PVP but a PVE for players like my self who just like to do things like Team Events , Dungeons, and Raids. Yes i'm referring to a World of Warcraft senario but taking a team of 5 in to a map where you have to fight your way to the end and find a win a prize is nice game play. I have hundreds of different idea's (i can't tell you all of them cause i want to keep the best ones for myself).

I wish you the best of luck and if you need help with an idea , or if you want to hear some of my other good idea's if you even thought any of the ones i mentioned were decent hit me up on msn sn :
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/13/2011, 11:06   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImFlamedCOD View Post
Dev Idea's - Bring out some new interesting events. Not the typical capture the flag , or free for all games. Do real events , where events take days or more than a couple of hours to complete. Events where you have to hunt monsters , find items that only drop during the event, trade them in for (rare) or items that are not easily or normal attainable. Events such as FFA , CTF, Team Pk are nothing but 10 15 mins games <-- and i reflect those words hardly. Games like conquer tho classified as a PVP game needs rpg twist to make it not only a PVP but a PVE for players like my self who just like to do things like Team Events , Dungeons, and Raids. Yes i'm referring to a World of Warcraft senario but taking a team of 5 in to a map where you have to fight your way to the end and find a win a prize is nice game play. I have hundreds of different idea's (i can't tell you all of them cause i want to keep the best ones for myself).

I wish you the best of luck and if you need help with an idea , or if you want to hear some of my other good idea's if you even thought any of the ones i mentioned were decent hit me up on msn sn :
Wow.. That's funny. Me and a guy called Stephen were discussing the same type of idea last night, where you team up as five and join a map and have to fight different waves of monsters and win prizes, some other details as well but don't want to spoil too much.

I'll definitely add you man, thanks!

<note>
progress updated
Old 03/13/2011, 12:21   #14

Question:
What do you guys think about an autojump-follower built in to the server. I know there are many bots out there that does this, but I want to offer the players a fair game-play still. I was thinking, if you'd go [Away] with your character, and your teamleader is in range, you would automatically jump after him (not on his coords exactly tho, has to be somewhat like you would normally).

This would be good for p-lvling your other characters and not being stuck with the regular Run-Follow, that's just.. bad

What you think?
Old 03/13/2011, 14:08   #15

thnx on ur effort