Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

I Need Help by Pros =)

Discussion on I Need Help by Pros =) within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I Need Help by Pros =)

i was hoping to open a pserver which everyone would enjoy.
i currently have no experience yet.
anyone would want to work along with me to open a conquer pserver?

add me on msn and we can chat
Old 03/11/2011, 06:47   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
I STRONGLY recommend that you take a while to learn some programming.

While it's great that you are so interested and it will serve you very well in your journy... starting a public server with a team isn't a very good idea if you have no experience.

I suggest reading some of the tutorials around the site as well as some books on C#, that way you have some general programming knowledge. Then download a source that works for the version you want to try and then go from there. I released a source a few days ago that works on the latest version of conquer and isn't a complete piece of **** like almost all 5165 sources are (the ones posted are almost all versions of newestcoserver which is...rather bad)

Once you do that I'd suggest learning the basic elements of coding for a pserver such as... adding npcs... working with the database (adding monsters or w/e) and then work your way up to coding basic systems like say a new event or skill... then worry about more advanced things. Before you know it you will be able to code just about anything you like with ease.

I really do recommend taking a few weeks first though to learn some programming. It will save you a HUGE amount of frustrations.
Thanks
1 User