Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Launchers.

Discussion on Launchers. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Launchers.

Hello everybody, I'm going to open a discussion for Launchers now.
First of all, I'm gonna ask one question.
Why The Fu©k do you make Launchers?!
I Mean Hello!! ,,, ? They are useless piece of ****, Since people can login thru Conquer.exe ....
Let's say you want to make your server special, Edit the original Launcher, Add new things, pictures there, .. To Make it Open Conquer.exe skipping the autopatch, The solution is simple. Make your own Program, call it AutoPatch.exe and just make it open Conquer.exe Process.Start("Conquer.exe"); and normaly , close after it get opens Environment.Exit(0);... Easy and simple.

That was all by me, Have fun and Please Do Not Flame.

All The Best,
Stefan

#You Idiots!
How many times i need to mention that this thread is made only for the BASIC STUPID LAUNCHERS!

Old 02/19/2011, 04:45   #2

You can inject dlls into conquer, so you could change the encryption, or other various things that force people into using your launcher.
Old 02/19/2011, 10:25   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kinshi View Post
You can inject dlls into conquer, so you could change the encryption, or other various things that force people into using your launcher.
This was meant to the people doing stupid launchers that open Conquer.exe , NOT THE LAUNCHER(Loader) Nullable made.
Old 02/19/2011, 10:57   #4

Because they want to look custom maybe?
Old 02/19/2011, 12:25   #5

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron~Man View Post
This was meant to the people doing stupid launchers that open Conquer.exe , NOT THE LAUNCHER(Loader) Nullable made.
Launchers can be very useful, as kinshi stated you can use them to inject .dlls to modify the client, they can be used to post news and update information, they can be a nice way of customising your client without loads of work.

All round they are a pretty nice thing to do.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/19/2011, 12:28   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syst3m_W1z4rd View Post
Because they want to look custom maybe?
Edit the original Launcher then, It's not that hard...
Old 02/19/2011, 12:34   #7

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron~Man View Post
Edit the original Launcher then, It's not that hard...
Why spend your time modifying the original launcher, which can be difficult if you want to add things like RSS feeds, an extremely custom appearance etc, when you can knock together a new launcher in an hour?
Old 02/19/2011, 13:19   #8

My Launcher is not just a piece of *r*p that opens conquer.exe, I use my Launcher for many different things including an Autopatcher.

Not every Launcher is there just to try and make the game look "custom" but most are there to server a purpose.

If you think you can make a great Launcher from the original play.exe then please do it I for 1 would love to see what you can come out with from it.

^__^ Not a flame just constructive criticism xD