Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server > CO2 PServer Advertising > CO2 PServer Archive
You last visited: Today at 14:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Redux Interserver Network] The Best Low Rate Classic Conquer Experience

Discussion on [Redux Interserver Network] The Best Low Rate Classic Conquer Experience within the CO2 PServer Archive forum part of the CO2 PServer Advertising category.

Closed Thread

Old 05/08/2016, 20:39   #211

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindkiller View Post
I participated and the gw was so fun. Everyone should at least make a level 1 on this server, to log once a week for some classic fun, made better by better people!
Thanks for the kind words and for helping us test the new server wars. We discovered a number of issues in the last test (which is a good thing!) we had a healthy hundred players online in that war map and that allowed us to break things so that they can be improved even more.

Honestly seeing a hundred or more players all in a classic guild war was a beautiful thing and I can't wait to see how many show up once the system is fully fleshed out and ready for prime time.

This week's dev cycle will focus on a few main things...

Demon boxes

They offer a good way to let people gamble cp and our version will be highly encouraging open world pvp. I've got an initial drop table finished and we look to have the system live by end of week

Original merge

Good and bad news but we are taking the approach of merging triumph and original. We launched original as a way to try to capture the large Arabic player base that has been unable or un willing to play triumph. As such we hired some Arabic moderators, added donation options supported in the Middle East, Arabic advertisements and website translations. Unfortunately it didn't end up being able to capture those players and they tend to prefer more modern servers. Rather than keeping the player base split, we will be merging original accounts over to triumph. In that change we will be slightly revamping triumph to make sure it is as welcoming as possible to the full spectrum of eu players.

More info on this coming soon.

Cross server improvements

Next week will have guild war hosted on the eu interserver. Before then we will be taking the feedback from the last war to fix up remaining bugs and also to add some new features. Examples include

Shannara getting full screen options to match us will remove the rare spawn issues we saw
Reborn weapons will be added (psn zap)
solving map issues near pole and gate (pullback)
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/10/2016, 17:00   #212

The updated information on the Original+Triumph merge is here!

Original Conquer will merge with Triumph Conquer on 5/11/2015 at 18:00 server time

Sorry, merge could take a hour or more and that's the time that works for my timezone.

-All character, account, warehouse, storage, item, proficiency, skill, quest, cosmetic and nobility data will be kept.
-Guilds/friends list/enemy list will sadly NOT be transferred.
-The transfer is expected to take approximately one hour to complete although Triumph will be ONLINE during the merge and so as characters are transferred you can log in immediately.
-You will still use the OriginalConquer server to log in using existing credentials: This is because your username will be modified to avoid conflicts.
-Once transfers are complete, you will receive a free character rename at love stone in market (again, name conflicts means we temporarily assign you a new name, you get to change to new one for free)

REMINDER: Usernames are being CHANGED

To log in on the triumph website (once transfers are complete), you will need to add a period before your username.

Pro4Never becomes .Pro4Never

Due to 16 character limit, if you have a long name the last character will be trimmed.

LongAccountName1 becomes .LongAccountName
Old 05/10/2016, 18:30   #213

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
The updated information on the Original+Triumph merge is here!

Original Conquer will merge with Triumph Conquer on 5/11/2015 at 18:00 server time

Sorry, merge could take a hour or more and that's the time that works for my timezone.

-All character, account, warehouse, storage, item, proficiency, skill, quest, cosmetic and nobility data will be kept.
-Guilds/friends list/enemy list will sadly NOT be transferred.
-The transfer is expected to take approximately one hour to complete although Triumph will be ONLINE during the merge and so as characters are transferred you can log in immediately.
-You will still use the OriginalConquer server to log in using existing credentials: This is because your username will be modified to avoid conflicts.
-Once transfers are complete, you will receive a free character rename at love stone in market (again, name conflicts means we temporarily assign you a new name, you get to change to new one for free)

REMINDER: Usernames are being CHANGED

To log in on the triumph website (once transfers are complete), you will need to add a period before your username.

Pro4Never becomes .Pro4Never

Due to 16 character limit, if you have a long name the last character will be trimmed.

LongAccountName1 becomes .LongAccountName
This merge shows few flaws in your database design
Old 05/12/2016, 18:00   #214

Demon Boxes Have Arrived!

We're taking on the demon box system but adding some unique twists to how they work to encourage classic conquer style gameplay and to make sure they are fair for everyone involved.

How to use them?

DemonBoxes are available in the shopping mall for 500 CP. They are a significant gamble so if you do not have CP to spare I strongly suggest focusing on more reliable uses for your CP.

Once you have a DemonBox, you can summon it in PhoenixCastle, ApeCity, DesertCity or Bird Island. You CANNOT summon it near cities or portals to avoid using them to kill newbies or other methods of abuse. There is also a 1 minute cooldown across the server for summoning them to avoid too much spam.

When summoned, ALL players on the 4 possible demon box maps are informed that a treasure demon has been spawned and gives them your coordinates. It is now a race to see if you can kill the boss before your enemies show up and PK you.

Bosses take 100 hits to die regardless of level/gear and deal 300 true dmg per attack. This means that bringing an alt or two can be very, very beneficial to kill the boss faster. You should of course be careful to move between each box so your enemies cannot hone in on your position!

What do they give?

Demon boxes have a LOT of possible prizes. They range anywhere from the disappointing meteor scroll all the way up to a bag containing 60,000 CPs! The boss will ALWAYS drop a single rare item from its list of possible rewards. Below is a full list of what can drop.

-Meteor Scroll
-Dragonball
-1 Day VIP
+1 Stone
-Celestial Stone
-Penitence Amulet
-Refined Tortoise Gem
-+2 Stone
-Demon Box (free 2nd play)
-Magical Bottle
-Empty Flask
-Small CP Bag (1000 cp)
-One of 4 exclusive garments. Each comes in 7 colors (28 in total!)
-One of 7 exclusive weapon skins (blade, sword, backsword, club, bow, spear, wand)
-+3Stone
-Super Tortoise Gem
-Medium CP Bag (5,000 CP)
-Large CP Bag (20,000 CP)
-Top CP Bag (60,000 CP)

Common Questions

Q: Why cant we summon them on map xxxx
A: Because it would make it too 'risk free'. There should be a very real danger of you being found and your drop stolen. That's one of the main reasons boxes were added, to encourage open world PVP and enemy rivalry.

Q: I right clicked the box and it didnt do anything!!!!
A: Check your chat. It will tell you why it couldn't summon.

Q: I killed it and found nothing good! WHY YOU SCAM ME?!
A: The boxes are a gamble. They actually have very good average payout but in order to add prizes worth more than 500 cp, you obviously need prizes worth less. It balances out in the long term

Q: Wont this ruin the economy?
A: Any time the rates on the boxes are changed, I run through 10 million boxes to calculate the average cp 'value' per box. I make sure this is between 450-490 cp to ensure its fair to players but not inflating the economy.

Q: Wont this make hunting or doing quest xxx pointless?
A: We try to keep our rewards from NOT interfering with core ways people play the game and earn money (no gems besides torts, no moonboxes, no exemption tokens, no sockets, no high + stones). Nice drops that ppl want but don't make other stuff worthless.

Q: Why would I open it if on average it pays out less than 500 cp?!?
A: The same reason people play any game of chance... greed for the big payout and the rush you get from frequent moderate wins

Q: You said there's exclusive garments and weps but I've seen them before!
A: The garments added are the level 125-140 ninja armors from original conquer, the weapon souls added are the 135-140 version of weapons. This allowed us to add a LOT of cosmetic options that the boss could drop that were different enough from what was already in the game to make it feel unique. We were careful to choose armors that didn't completely clash with the feel of conquer (or at least no more so than existing garments)
Thanks
4 Users
Old 05/17/2016, 18:05   #215

2 years without playing CO, but this server looks nice!! I ll take a try.
Old 05/17/2016, 19:43   #216

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Still highly recommended. A server owner who can actually maintain his own server? What a concept!
Old 05/17/2016, 19:54   #217

Yes, this server is still the best classic experience out there and with the duel rooms, various events only found in this server, accuracy counter, ability to contact staff from the client directly and all the interserver features like interserver arena and cross server guildwars it's also the best old jump pvp experience too.
Old 05/18/2016, 04:31   #218

This server gets more innovative every day. New weapons, systems, events coming out. There is no other server out there that can even compete with this one. Stability is amazing, PVP is smooth, events run well.

Definitely worth a try. People are always willing to help newbies. Just join one of the guilds and they'll most likely help you!
Old 05/18/2016, 16:19   #219

elite*gold: 28
Are you ever going to make your client OS X compatible?
Old 05/18/2016, 16:47   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
Are you ever going to make your client OS X compatible?
There is no such thing as a 5017 based mac client. Conquer did not release a mac client until much more recently (if I had to guess, it was around patch 5400 or so?)

Short answer, no.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/19/2016, 21:16   #221

This week's patch is a bit lighter than normal as much of the work involved has been on the interserver side of things. There's one major feature though that we know people will be excited about!

Duel Rankings

We've introduced an ELO based rating to player duels. There's a number of limitations in place to ensure ranks don't get too skewed but here's a basic overview of how things work and what it will mean for players.

#1: Duel Rating now determines guild ranks in cross server war (who becomes guild leader/deputy/etc)

#2: A server message will be shown to the server any time someone overtakes someone in the top 25 ranks (EG: You move from rank 10 to rank 9, it informs people)

#3: After your duels you will see your current rank and your current rating.

#4: We will be adding a ingame leaderboard you can view at any time to see ranks.

#5: We will be adding a website leaderboard you can view at any time to see ranks.

#6: We will be doing either a hard or soft reset of the ranking system monthly to ensure it does not become stagnant.

#7: We >MAY< give special rewards to those who rank in the top 5 each month.

Obviously there's some unfinished stuff in there but the ranking system is already live so we can start seeding it and getting player feedback. We want to do all we can to make sure the server feels competitive and fair for those who like dueling.

Cross-server War

We've made a number of bugfixes using reports from last week and are gearing up for this Saturday's war! Be sure to invite as many people as we can (no gear/levels are required, they can enter on a lvl 1 newbie if they want).

This week's war will be hosted in Chicago and will end at 18:00 UTC (2PM EST/Apex Time)

Due to a couple (very rare) issues we encountered last week, we've added a /revive command that will fix any 'stuck' ghost characters. I've also added a GM command I can use to purge out any players who are still showing on the map after logging out/disconnecting (although that's also been fixed in the underlying code)

Client Tweaks

We've made a number of tweaks to item names and item icons to help reduce player confusion. There were a few backsword souls that didn't specifically state so. Wanted to clear that up for players.
Old 05/21/2016, 19:47   #222

It's such a shame this server, or conquer community in general, is plagued with retarded downsyndrome egys/turks/brs who speak no English at all...

Really kills the experience for me even though the server itself is really enjoyable to play.
Old 05/21/2016, 20:03   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captivate View Post
It's such a shame this server, or conquer community in general, is plagued with retarded downsyndrome egys/turks/brs who speak no English at all...

Really kills the experience for me even though the server itself is really enjoyable to play.
Which server are you playing on? Apex or Triumph?

Recently we've changed our rules on Triumph to allow other languages to be spoken but on Apex there is a "english only in global chat" rule.

Obviously there are still msgs sent but there's a strong core english community on each server. Generally my advice would be to turn off world chat if it bothers you and join into a good group of friends/guildies to play with.
Old 05/21/2016, 20:50   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Which server are you playing on? Apex or Triumph?

Recently we've changed our rules on Triumph to allow other languages to be spoken but on Apex there is a "english only in global chat" rule.

Obviously there are still msgs sent but there's a strong core english community on each server. Generally my advice would be to turn off world chat if it bothers you and join into a good group of friends/guildies to play with.
Triumph it is. I've noticed a massive invasion ever since the merge.

In my opinion global chat should always remain English, but I understand Triumph targets the Arabic community as well. Turning it off ain't really an option for me as I make most of by merchanting.

Either way, unfortunately we won't ever have any influence on the community and I definitely don't expect you to.
Old 05/24/2016, 20:17   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captivate View Post
Triumph it is. I've noticed a massive invasion ever since the merge.

In my opinion global chat should always remain English, but I understand Triumph targets the Arabic community as well. Turning it off ain't really an option for me as I make most of by merchanting.

Either way, unfortunately we won't ever have any influence on the community and I definitely don't expect you to.
you can still post with it turned off
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread