Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions > CO2 PServer Advertising > CO2 PServer Archive
You last visited: Today at 19:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Redux Interserver Network] The Best Low Rate Classic Conquer Experience

Closed Thread

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
What's the difference between Triumph and Apex Conquer? Are they the same thing, just split between two servers?

Old   #17

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias5594 View Post
What's the difference between Triumph and Apex Conquer? Are they the same thing, just split between two servers?
Yes. All that's different is where they are hosted and how long they have been online.

Apex = North America (hosted in Atlanta) and has been online for 3 months or so
Triumph = Europe (Hosted in Frankfurt) and has been online for around 1 month

Both servers get the same set of updates, have same rates and features, etc.

Old   #18

Alright, thank you. I know this is off topic, but what source, in your opinion, is the easiest to build on? I see you have both the Redux 5065 and the Albetros 5518 source in your signature. I know some C#, I went to school for it but it's been awhile and I want something I can improve my skills on. I also didn't want to make another thread to ask such a question. Also, if it's not too much, can you point me in the right direction when it comes to server building guides? It seems like everything I search is massively out of date.
Old   #19

Nothing ever changes with servers. The only thing that could make a guide be out of date is download links being removed.

Apex/Triumph use a heavily modified version of the redux source (been working on it for myself and some of my customers for like 5 months since the most recent public release).

That being said, the public redux source is really nothing special. It's a step up from things like ncos/lotf/trinity edits/albetros but it's not exactly a gem. Working on writing a new one to continue these projects with (that's what the interserver runs on)

Old   #20

I have a question, is it multi-client ready? for Mining purpose.

I'm downloading it right now by the way, want to have some pass time, while my character on Original CO is auto-hunting.
Old   #21

This server is the real deal guys, and populations is growing day by day, don't settle for less and come give it a try and also ping is awesome
Old   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sani- View Post
I have a question, is it multi-client ready? for Mining purpose.

I'm downloading it right now by the way, want to have some pass time, while my character on Original CO is auto-hunting.
Yuppp the client allows multi client. No edits needed.
Old   #23

Mad props to you, great coder here! wish you the bestest of lucks

Keep on working on redux thought :P
Old   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenHeaven View Post
Mad props to you, great coder here! wish you the bestest of lucks

Keep on working on redux thought :P
Apex/Triumph/TrueConquer all use the redux source.

The interserver itself is using our new source which we will eventually migrate the existing player data to (that's where our more advanced features are like raids)
Old   #25

I guessed as much since interserver servers are going to be connecting with each other, but i did meant i hope you keep on working on the redux source itself, since thats the one you ocasionally release to players, helping people all over the world :P

Im also assuming at one point in time Apex/Triumph/TrueConquer will migrate to interserver, making a network of their own like interserver but separate from interserver itself.
Old   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenHeaven View Post
I guessed as much since interserver servers are going to be connecting with each other, but i did meant i hope you keep on working on the redux source itself, since thats the one you ocasionally release to players, helping people all over the world :P

Im also assuming at one point in time Apex/Triumph/TrueConquer will migrate to interserver, making a network of their own like interserver but separate from interserver itself.
The interserver can support any source and any client version. It already has support for patch 5017, 5165, 5212, 5517. We can always add more in the future as needed.

Redux is 'as is' for its public release. I have no reason to update it or release more work publicly.
Old   #27

I see, anyways thanks for your great work, keep at it and lets try to do the best we can for a better conquer online
Old   #28

There was an issue last night where a MOD decided to ban a bunch of innocent players. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and that has been fixed now.

Basically he had been banned on his alt account for PVP exploits and decided to take revenge. He has been banned on his mod account as well and all bans he handed out overturned. We log all command usages just incase anything like this ever happens.

If for any reason you were banned last night and are still unable to log in, send a e-mail to and we will investigate it for you.
Old   #29

OMFg holy ****, this looks exactly like the old conquer! awesome!
Old   #30

New update is live.

Changes may be a bit disruptive to those who have worked hard on their melee taos and we don't in any way want to ruin them as a class but the fact is, weapon skills were calculating incorrectly. That's been fixed and now we can re-balance as needed to create better balance.

-Fixed weapon skill calculation issue
-Adjusted 2h weapon skills (wand buffed, glave/halb/poleaxe/longhammer nerfed)
-Adjusted 1h weapon skills (scepter/dagger/hammer/axe/whip/hook buffed)
-Adjusted magic resist calculation (proper one now. Slightly higher dmg taken as a result)
-Added gem gambler NPC to use up some worthless refined gems ppl have mined
-Removed poison blade activation from herc/fb/weapon skills (single target skills and melee hits only now, no double dmg psn blade hits!)

Will continue to adjust as needed to make sure we're not 'killing off' any classes.

We understand our few dedicated warrior players were heavily relying on that poison blade proc so we're going to have to think of a few tweaks we can make to them to bring them back up a touch in terms of strength level. More info on that coming throughout the week once changes settle down and I talk to our warriors about it.

This will also likely lead to us making ViperFang work for all classes as melee waters are no longer 'broken over powered'.

Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread