Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions > CO2 PServer Advertising > CO2 PServer Archive
You last visited: Today at 21:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Redux Interserver Network] The Best Low Rate Classic Conquer Experience

Closed Thread

Old   #151

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,302
So a huge thank you to one of our players who collected a bug bounty today.

Turns out our secondary client protection was working but wasn't actually sending alerts... We apologize for any confusion or issues that may have slipped through as a result.

We've launched an update to NA to ensure tonights guild war is as fair and balanced as possible. We will of course be monitoring the war and botjailing anyone who is using 3rd party programs.

To clarify: The issue was simply with the secondary server side protection alerts. The client side protection/injection/hook based checks were working as intended.

Reminder: Bug reports like this are valuable to the server to ensure the game is fair to everyone involved. As such the person who reported it has been sent $25 USD for their report.

Old   #152

Updates are here!

We've done a number of tests of the new Castle Defense event and it's been a ton of fun! I feel it's time to do final tweaks to it though so that it can be added to the event rotation for next week.

Here's a rundown of how the event now works.

Goal

Castle Defense is about working with other members of the server to defend your castle against wave after wave of monsters. It's a similar idea to tower defense games except YOU are the tower! The event lasts until your base is destroyed. The more people who show up and the better they do then the better the rewards will be!

No gear? No problem!
All players have fixed damage in this event based on the type of attack they are using. Physical damage starts out at 10 damage where scatter only deals 3 for example. This is to balance large range aoe skills vs something where you need to get a bit more 'up close and personal'.

This event is balanced this way not only to make classes somewhat equal but to ensure that players of all level and strength can still be useful. It's about working together so why not include everyone?

Leveling up

As you deal damage to monsters you will gain + damage. These event levels make you stronger as the event goes on based on your participation and how well you are doing. You will definitely need these bonuses though as the monsters get more and more difficult.

Similar to how the normal scaling works, level up bonus dmg also effects each class differently. Melee damage will scale more per level than an archer but of course archers are hitting more targets so tend to level faster. We will continue tweaking these values as needed to make sure no class is overwhelmingly stronger than any other.

Resource costs

Resource costs have been removed in the event. This will definitely skew the balance of the event (not having to wait on stamina definitely makes trojans and fires stronger so we've buffed archer scaling to compensate).

XP skills work same as on any map. If you kill fast enough you can chain xp skills same as on any other map.

Bosses

Every 5 waves a boss spawns in a random lane. We will be creating an array of bosses in the future but right now the one you should be caring about is the HumanMessenger. it heals EVERY monster on the map every 3 seconds. You need to kill it as fast as possible or risk being overrun. It gives 50 CP when killed as well as a good chunk of experience.

Powerups

There's a number of places around the map where cyclone powerups spawn. Use these to quickly get around the map and boost your strength. We are looking at adding a bunch of other powerups such as the ability to freeze monsters you hit temporarily, repair gates and more!

Rewards

Every monster you kill will grant CP as well as a portion of experience. As the waves get harder, the rewards increase. We will be keeping a close eye on these rewards but they seem to be in a relatively good place right now (it's pretty normal for a player who does the event to earn 300-500 cp for their time which is quite fair)

We also have some more weapon skins coming soon

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #153

elite*gold: 0
Played castle defense a couple of times now and I must say it's a shitload of fun. The early waves are easy, but after like wave 24/25, if you don't have enough manpower, you're screwed.

+1 to this awesome tournament.
Old   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFart View Post
Played castle defense a couple of times now and I must say it's a shitload of fun. The early waves are easy, but after like wave 24/25, if you don't have enough manpower, you're screwed.

+1 to this awesome tournament.

Make sure to join the event later today

We've buffed the early waves a LOT (like double the mobs) and made higher waves a bit easier.

The issue was that wave 1-20 never got past the spawn and wave 25+ was a huge brick wall. Should scale up slower but start a lot harder now.

Old   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
What happened to Apex?

We're re-structuring our branding to allow for future servers. Due to incredibly high demand for a EU host (but having promised we will not move Apex away from its NA home) we are going ahead with launching a EU server which will be linked through the interserver network and still able to compete with players on Apex.

Where is the server hosted?

Apex is hosted in Atlanta (NA)
Triumph is hosted in Germany (EU)

Both servers have same rates, events, updates, etc and are running patch 5017.

What are the rates?

Our servers are medium rate servers. You will have to work on your items and your characters but can be confident that your items will stand the test of time.

If you're not into leveling and just wanna smash players in pvp matches, we have many hit based events that run multiple times per hour so if you want to just join for dueling or pvp events there will be no need for you to level or hunt to participate.

Why should I play?

Our community is growing very quickly and we've demonstrated over the past few months that our server is and will remain one of the best classic experiences currently out there. We are fully dedicated to creating the best conquer online content out there and we want you to be a part of it!

We have a proven track record with our server stability, player support and ongoing balance/content patches. In general you can expect at least 2 patches per week to make sure the game remains balanced, bug free and fresh for your enjoyment.

Portal Page
ApexCO (NA Server)
TriumphCO (EU Server)

Screenshots

i want to buy a source last version u sell it?
Old   #156

Received Thanks: 3,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymiperro View Post
That's really ******* disrespectful to post on someone's server advertisement.
Old   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymiperro View Post
Lets do the math shall we!

Creating a current patch source opens up a huge player base (play conquer has 1,000+ online count, lots of other servers running current patch have 500+ online). If that's the case you're looking at a minimum of around 10,000 USD/month in donations if properly monetized and managed.

To justify selling the work instead of using it myself I'd have to be charging at least 6 months of what I could make by running it myself (as I'm generating competition for myself and risking my work being leaked.

So, if the source you're asking for was properly priced you'd be looking at around 50 thousand USD for it to be worth my time to sell it instead of running it myself.

No, I don't have a current patch source and if I did you certainly wouldn't be able to afford it.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
That's really ******* disrespectful to post on someone's server advertisement.
shut up im not steeling or something like that im buying

Quote:

Creating a current patch source opens up a huge player base (play conquer has 1,000+ online count, lots of other servers running current patch have 500+ online). If that's the case you're looking at a minimum of around 10,000 USD/month in donations if properly monetized and managed.

To justify selling the work instead of using it myself I'd have to be charging at least 6 months of what I could make by running it myself (as I'm generating competition for myself and risking my work being leaked.

So, if the source you're asking for was properly priced you'd be looking at around 50 thousand USD for it to be worth my time to sell it instead of running it myself.

No, I don't have a current patch source and if I did you certainly wouldn't be able to afford it.
ohh ty so much sorry for tue post, ur the best!!
Old   #159

elite*gold: 20
Quote:

What the actual ****, CO servers actually make those numbers?
Old   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
It depends on how well monitized they are. If you have 1000+ online players 24/7 and aren't earning 10k/month then you're doing something seriously wrong. That's based on the numbers trinity mentioned years ago (they were earning 10-15k/month from around 700-1000 online players) and extrapolating based on numbers I've seen for smaller servers.

Obviously if your server encourages artificially bloated online counts (online points, conquer's new auto leveling system, etc) or if you aren't monetizing very well then that number will shift a lot.

Basically older patches tend to earn less (less to spend money on) but newer patches have boosted online counts simply due to how the game is designed so it can be difficult to pin down a number.

Its numbers like that that make me so confused why so few people run servers 'properly' (aka treating it like a job). I can't claim to be earning anywhere near as much as the numbers above (less online count, older patch) but it's still my primary source of income and has been my full time job for a year now. Any server I've ever seen the numbers for tends to be able to pull in at least a couple thousand a month when they are doing things well. It's when they stop giving a **** (no new content, no new bugfixes, horribly balanced economy) that those numbers drop off to nothing.
Old   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
You would be surprised how much money Love2Hate made.
Old   #162

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

What color is your favorite? We're about to release a new batch of custom weapons to satisfy your craving for customization!

Big News!

Due to repeated requests, we are creating a new server for international players. This will NOT detract from apex/triumph and is instead focused on expanding our reach and opening up more opportunities for us to use our interserver system for future battles. Here's the rundown of how it will work.

#1: It will be targeting primarily non English speaking players.

A lot of people on triumph have been upset with our 'english only' rule in service chat. We've had a number of people step forward to offer to do arabic translations and player support. This new server will allow any language to be spoken and we will do our best to provide multi language support both in terms of website news and through our player support system.

#2: It will be a fresh start

Those who missed the launches of apex/triumph and have been really hoping for a fresh server with all the same features/rates, this is your chance! The server will be launching later this weekend and will have at least 24 hours notices before it goes live so you can grab the client, make your account and get ready to dive into the thick of things!

#3: It will be a live test environment

No, we wont be shipping broken or un-tested content but we do view this fresh start as a way to implement a lot of new stuff that doesn't necessarily 'fit' on apex/triumph.

For starters this will mean a completely re-worked donation system. We will be able to process international payments (gift cards, online wallets, bank transfers, sms payments, etc).

We may also be introducing a few 'non classic mini games' such as slot machines, roulette or blackjack. Based on the reception to these ideas they may be added to apex/triumph or may be left separate.

To be clear though, this will NOT be pulling development time away from our existing projects. The goal here is to reach players that simply are not interested in playing the existing servers. We can then include those players in future cross server tournaments (hard to do cross server tournaments when your only servers are NA VS EU). Assuming the new project gains some attention we will start rolling out some new cross server events to allow even more competition.
Old   #163

Received Thanks: 1,041
Feel free to ping me on Skype if you ever need some French translations.
Old   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
Feel free to ping me on Skype if you ever need some French translations.
Thanks for the offer Thankfully french is pretty legible when run through google translate and there's very few players (at least that I've heard from) that play and speak french.

Main issues have been arabic, turkish and tagalog which dont really translate legibly. They also tend to have issues using paypal which is why we're using this international server as a chance to revamp how we process donations (and as a result, changing what the rewards are)

<edit>

International server is now online! Will officially launch tomorrow.

Old   #165

Hmmm for some reason I'm having a problem after the autopatch window disappears and I'm getting this error.... can anyone help?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Error Message.jpg (64.7 KB, 29 views)

Closed Thread