Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server > CO2 PServer Advertising > CO2 PServer Archive
You last visited: Today at 02:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

DragonCO - Classic Conquer Server [NO DONATE]

Discussion on DragonCO - Classic Conquer Server [NO DONATE] within the CO2 PServer Archive forum part of the CO2 PServer Advertising category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 100
DragonCO - Classic Conquer Server [NO DONATE]

Nevermind, DragonCO sucks.

Spirited knows best.
Old 10/18/2018, 04:35   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Your website is hot garbage.

1. Playing a Blizzard Overwatch trailer automatically on the homepage
2. Copied website looks like every other copy server
3. Says "No donate" in the thread title but then has a news article on donation options and a page on how to donate via GoFundMe where you're expecting £5,000 why?!
4. Tons of links that just deadend and refresh your page ( is just an alias for the home page)

Not to mention it's another security nightmare. You put in your password into a masked textbox and it spits it back out to you in plaintext.

Hilariously, if you press enter from their recovery textbox, it'll instead submit a signup request rather than a password recovery request. Disappointingly, couldn't test plain text due to their email system just not working. I'm guessing it's all plain text though and that they can see your passwords, judging by how they spat it back up before.

Running on software from 2015 (not as bad as most, but still outdated).

Cloudflare masks your server version, so I can't check that - but that's better than most.

I do have to give you props for getting "Conquer 3.0 HD Maps" correct. It's about time. You must have some dev hired that knows how to program with Conquer. I'm guessing the source is just another copied mess from NCOS or Redux, which means bugs that every other copied server has, but there is a small amount of polish here and there, which makes me curious as to who you hired.

Regardless, it's a heavy "No" from me.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 10/18/2018, 05:04   #3

elite*gold: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post

3. Says "No donate" in the thread title but then has a news article on donation options and a page on how to donate via GoFundMe where you're expecting £5,000 why?!
4. Tons of links that just deadend and refresh your page ( is just an alias for the home page)

Not to mention it's another security nightmare. You put in your password into a masked textbox and it spits it back out to you in plaintext.

Hilariously, if you press enter from their recovery textbox, it'll instead submit a signup request rather than a password recovery request. Disappointingly, couldn't test plain text due to their email system just not working. I'm guessing it's all plain text though and that they can see your passwords, judging by how they spat it back up before.

Cloudflare masks your server version, so I can't check that - but that's better than most.

I do have to give you props for getting "Conquer 3.0 HD Maps" correct. It's about time. You must have some dev hired that knows how to program with Conquer. I'm guessing the source is just another copied mess from NCOS or Redux, which means bugs that every other copied server has, but there is a small amount of polish here and there, which makes me curious as to who you hired.

This server have been in and out at least 5(?) times in the last 3 years. They're using a private version of Redux that Chris made for them I believe. They're also using the same website as Apex had and the very same they used in all the other attempts.
Figured I'd clarify that :P
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/18/2018, 05:39   #4

I'd beware of donating to this especially.
Looks to be a sinkhole for the most part.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/18/2018, 06:13   #5

Quote:

Ahh, I knew I'd see you here.

Is that all you got?

By the way, yes you can donate to support the server but you don't get CPs or anything in return. It's not pay-to-win.

Ok Simon.

Quote:
Good thing you're not required to donate, right?
Old 10/18/2018, 08:35   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeterFan1127 View Post
Ahh, I knew I'd see you here.

Is that all you got?

By the way, yes you can donate to support the server but you don't get CPs or anything in return. It's not pay-to-win.

Ok Simon.

Good thing you're not required to donate, right?
Glaring security issue with passwords and points out sketchy donation scam
"Is that all you got"

It is in fact not, and you're tempting me.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/18/2018, 08:47   #7

elite*gold: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyorai View Post
This server have been in and out at least 5(?) times in the last 3 years. They're using a private version of Redux that Chris made for them I believe. They're also using the same website as Apex had and the very same they used in all the other attempts.
Figured I'd clarify that :P
Took the words right my mouth lmao.

Quote:
^
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/18/2018, 11:37   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Execution! View Post
He actually does, but keep pushing him and he'll do something about it.
We can agree to disagree.

This dude is talking about bugs in the server that are "probably" there.

Since he clearly has time to waste, why not hop in game and play for awhile so he can confirm all these bugs.
Old 10/18/2018, 12:02   #9

Quote:
We can agree to disagree.

This dude is talking about bugs in the server that are "probably" there.

Since he clearly has time to waste, why not hop in game and play for awhile so he can confirm all these bugs.
Pretty sure you don't want him on your server though
Old 10/18/2018, 14:44   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Execution! View Post
Pretty sure you don't want him on your server though
You're probably right. I'm just saying, hop on the server before you start talking about the bugs that it "probably" has.
Old 10/18/2018, 17:15   #11

Quote:
You're probably right. I'm just saying, hop on the server before you start talking about the bugs that it "probably" has.
Or you can prove me wrong. If you're so highly confident that the bug isn't there, show us your account table. Show us passwords aren't being saved to plaintext. But here's my bet: I bet you're not only storing passwords in plaintext, but you're logging each password attempt also in plaintext. I know how copy servers operate, and by guess is that you're no exception.
Old 10/18/2018, 17:57   #12

Quote:
Or you can prove me wrong. If you're so highly confident that the bug isn't there, show us your account table. Show us passwords aren't being saved to plaintext. But here's my bet: I bet you're not only storing passwords in plaintext, but you're logging each password attempt also in plaintext. I know how copy servers operate, and by guess is that you're no exception.
Actually, I'M not doing any of that. You could talk to the owner if you have questions.

You know where to find him considering you were in our discord already.
Old 10/18/2018, 18:24   #13

Quote:
Actually, I'M not doing any of that. You could talk to the owner if you have questions.

You know where to find him considering you were in our discord already.
You're not the owner? And you're talking like a pompous ******* and making enemies on his behalf? Get out of here. Plus, that was or still is a section rule violation. Get him to come here and advertise. Random people aren't allowed to advertise other people's servers.
Old 10/18/2018, 21:32   #14

So let me get this straight, the 'owner' doesn't even know programming nor does he even know how to operate his own server and now you're saying that he can't even make his own ad thread? Is this for real?
Old 10/18/2018, 21:52   #15

elite*gold: 0
Is this release number 5 of this server without any real significant change? It's been called Dragon 3 times.
Speaking from personal experience I found it fun, rates were good and it had a high player base until in game went sour and a large group of people left.
However One thing that has ALWAYS been a problem with this server is the copious amount of lag. Even now I live 2 hours away from the host and still events are ruined by spikes. Spend 5 minutes on the server and the world chat is spammed with 'LAG' 'FIX THE LAG'. Even very recently changing the host hasn't resolved the issue.
How can all the good servers figure that out but this one can't? Funny that.
My Biggest issue however is the owner feels the need to close the server every 6 months without so much as a warning. Hence all the servers he has history of owning in such a short period of time. Donations dry up because people don't feel the need to donate as much as they do when the server is new to 'get ahead' so he closes it and reopens it 3 months later to start the whole process again. Oh and no compensation is given. Did I mention he has done it 5 times?
My advice would be to stop shovelling out **** and actually produce something that is sustainable. This server is aids to the Co community.

Much love
Thanks
4 Users
Closed Thread