Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 03:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

ConquerGods - Pure Classic Server

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
rip OS X support tho </3

Thanks
1 User
Old   #17

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 3,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusku View Post
Thanks guys!

Also, as of today we officially hit a peak of about 225 players online concurrently! Quite a feat given the server has only been up for a week and a half
Hopefully not just concurrently!

Quote:
When people hear the word concurrency they often think of parallelism, a related but quite distinct concept. In programming, concurrency is the composition of independently executing processes, while parallelism is the simultaneous execution of (possibly related) computations. Concurrency is about dealing with lots of things at once. Parallelism is about doing lots of things at once.

Old   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Hopefully not just concurrently!
You're a professional contrarian eh
Thanks
1 User
Old   #19

elite*gold: 67
I'm really enjoying this server. I login once every other day and do some leveling/hunting when I'm not coding myself. It's a great feeling, takes me back to the early 2000's and my childhood

I just hope this project lasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdavey View Post
You're a professional contrarian eh
Look at his other posts... (and his reply to mine/yours, coming soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
rip OS X support tho </3
spin up a windows xp vm, that'll do just fine :P (Playing from linux)

Thanks
1 User
Old   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xio. View Post
I'm really enjoying this server. I login once every other day and do some leveling/hunting when I'm not coding myself. It's a great feeling, takes me back to the early 2000's and my childhood

I just hope this project lasts.

Look at his other posts... (and his reply to mine/yours, coming soon)

spin up a windows xp vm, that'll do just fine :P (Playing from linux)
If you get a chance, could you try running it on WINE? I'm curious if it will work
Old   #21

elite*gold: 67
Quote:
If you get a chance, could you try running it on WINE? I'm curious if it will work
Ehhh naw, sorry. I'm using a source based distro, I'd have to compile it & that'd take forever on my laptop - otherwise I would.
Old   #22

Received Thanks: 1,046
Quote:
My experience running a CO client in Wine on macOS has not really been great The UI elements are not placed properly, so it's a challenge just to login... Plus, some things just don't render properly.

I tried multiple times to motivate me to work again on a CO2 server, but never really got something decent. And the macOS client is too recent for what I like (even more recent if you want one that works on the latest macOS). Anyway, knowing that Apple will drop 32 bits support soon (10.14 maybe, next update 10.13.4 is starting to show warnings like iOS ~10.3 did), even the current macOS client will require a virtual machine soon (or the players to not upgrade their OS).

RIP macOS client for private servers and even maybe the official server (will TQ bother updating to 64 bits?).
Old   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
My experience running a CO client in Wine on macOS has not really been great The UI elements are not placed properly, so it's a challenge just to login... Plus, some things just don't render properly.

I tried multiple times to motivate me to work again on a CO2 server, but never really got something decent. And the macOS client is too recent for what I like (even more recent if you want one that works on the latest macOS). Anyway, knowing that Apple will drop 32 bits support soon (10.14 maybe, next update 10.13.4 is starting to show warnings like iOS ~10.3 did), even the current macOS client will require a virtual machine soon (or the players to not upgrade their OS).

RIP macOS client for private servers and even maybe the official server (will TQ bother updating to 64 bits?).
I may give it a try when I get some time - I remember at one point I used to be able to run it in WINE, but that was years ago.

The one thing that never worked was their anti-cheat I believe, that caused quite a few issues.

Also, a new patch has been released, here are the changes:
Old   #24

Just use Parallels, works like a charm and integrates the application to the main os so it feels like it's running natively
Old   #25

I only recently started playing Conquer Online and this was the server I found that sparked my interest. I've been loving every second of it ever since. I'll continue to support ConquerGods to the best of my ability.
Old   #26

I tested for few days and its quite a good server. I just not going to keep playing because i found the rates way damm high for a "classic server". About one month online and there is SDG socket gear everywere.
Old   #27

The client of this server is well made, its the only server that works for me without graphix problems (shattering).
regretfully I don't like conquer 1.0, kinda hard for me compared to the original 2.0 I used to play.