Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 08:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Legacy Conquer - Classic Conquer Online

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,317
Thumbs up Legacy Conquer - Classic Conquer Online

Conquer online 2.0 was a rough time for us veterans of CO. All the changes that were quickly being added to our glorious PVP centric 1.0 Conquer - all the pretty flashy graphics, cool garments, 2nd rb - it was a lot to take in at first; we all know it was. TQ was shoveling shit down our throats with their +n stones, prayer stones, LOTTO NOW! CP BUY BUY! VIP like WOAH ya know? It felt like it never stopped either - the train had left the station and it was speeding up - faster and faster until it's impending doom of PAY TO WIN-FUCK TQ. I mean - when they came out with that mobile shit?

We at Legacy Conquer are here to re-write the failed, sordid history of 2.0 and ideally give the community a new memory of early 2.0 unencumbered by 'buy now pwn today' greed. So here is the short of it.

Legacy Conquer is a v 5213 2.0 puritanical CO server emulator. By puritanical we mean that it's very official in it's feel and it's operation / rates; and by emulator we postulate that - if our attempts were fruitful - this custom crafted source is closer to the 'real thing' than most teams have been able to bring to fruition.

Here is what we have decided to disable that will likely remain forever disabled : 90% of the CP mall, BP calculations, Mounts, Fans/talismans, ninjas.

The rest is free game(and all quite properly working).

The community will be jump started and spearheaded by EliteMagus/Argaman : soon we intend to involve his friend Ryee - a name from 1.0 official some of you may recall; to assist in community management
(Ryee was one of TQ's most notable 3rd party moderators from 1.0)

Monetization (how we intend to pay for server costs)
Monetization of the server and the players will begin with low level VIP rewards in exchange for donations. Beautification items may be introduced in the future such as effect laden garments and weapons. A monthly goal may be enacted that meets the total server costs - once this goal is tripped all active players will receive extra rewards after the costs have been covered. (donation systems are not current on-line and not quite our worry - this is not in place but one of our working ideas)

Updates/Support: Updates will revolve around a cycle - general updates will be done on a weekly schedule and released after guild war. Hot fixes or any pressing matters will be released either immediately or always before guildwar. Server support is currently delegated to our discord channel - if you need help myself or Argaman will be more than happy to help when we find the opportunity.

Shout outs: DreadNawt, Net7, Argaman/EliteMagus

Thanks
14 Users
Old   #2

You guys honestly never need to look for a classic server again, Ultimation and his team are some of the most capable people in the entire community

++++++

Thanks
3 Users
Old   #3

The server is live now for a period of time for an open beta process - we felt it imperative to have the voice of the community a part of the development BEFORE release. Ultimation and I are working daily (usually USA Eastern AM) to introduce more systems to the source. We don't see this release as being ahead of ourselves - though there are still bugs to locate and fix. Barring some classes our testing team simply haven't touched yet (who plays warrior?) we feel that we are well past 85% with base systems in place.

What we get out of this beta - So far, we are low on testers. Goose and myself have been having a hard time keeping Ultimation sufficiently busy - giving him too much free time to go party - booze - and get girls. We can't have that around here. I run a tight ship yanno? Also; we want a window of time to propose our plan for Legacy 2.0 and for the players to have enough time to make their decisions. Some of you are on other games - some of you are on other servers.

What the community gets out of the beta - As long term player myself - i know how valuable the new server experience can be - and how often times it takes some work to recall your pals and get them excited about a new experience. I also know as a server hopper - how excited you can be about a pserver and think everything is hunky-dory until a few weeks later when you learn that the GM is a **** waffle and he's shoveling his friends dbs through the back door...... **** THAT.

TL/DR? So - though servers have been released way less effective and intact - we want to launch as 'open beta' and give it some time let everyone congregate - share opinions - bug test a little better than our skeleton crew could - and then we will do a timed launch giving players the chance to fresh-start like the good ol' days.
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #4

Best of luck guys , hopefully there's still people out there that are looking for a classic server . As i've seen , the rates will be 1x ?

Old   #5

elite*gold: 200
Best of luck with the server !
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by [X]-Cape View Post
Best of luck guys , hopefully there's still people out there that are looking for a classic server . As i've seen , the rates will be 1x ?
Our rates will begin as 1x and likely settle on/around 1.5x with additions requested by the community as far as rewards are concerned with events, arena and later on mentor system being a part of the source. As always - there are higher rewards available for participation and cooperation.

Edit: currently for testing the rates are raised somewhat - significantly for 1x standards.
Old   #7

no ****
don't tell me the rates are close to l2h
if yes it's fqin heaven for me

where is it hosted?

finally adequate server with wipe(i expect) after beta ends?
Old   #8

Good luck with the server and hope it is successful, quiet rare to find owners that actually care about there players unlike these so called wanna be classic servers.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnacleBoy View Post
no ****
don't tell me the rates are close to l2h
if yes it's fqin heaven for me

where is it hosted?

finally adequate server with wipe(i expect) after beta ends?
1x rates with perks for participation in events and such. We are using official databases as our resource. (means that we didn't take a stab in the dark - we have the rates from CO 2.0 as it should be)

NYC is location of host

As noted above and from our website (where the copy pasta was from) we do intend to do a post-beta (pre-launch) wipe. - earlier if we can get more early adopters to push the beta through.
(which is going great so far - thanks to the participators)

(removing unrealistic time table)
Old   #10

can you confirm that will be no donations for gears/plus/level or friends giveaways...?
Old   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_edw View Post
can you confirm that will be no donations for gears/plus/level or friends giveaways...?
While we haven't completed the shopping mall - currently it contains the following items : DB, Meteor, EXP pot, ninja amulet, black tulip, prayer stones and gourd.
We have removed + stones entirely from the game - players will have to find +1 items and compose them. +n items will never be given as prizes.

There will be no item generation of any kind - if you break your gear - you have lost it - if you drop you gear - you have lost it, if you share your account and another player takes your gear - you have lost it.

Staff players are not protected by superior gear but instead by command systems like '*** mode'. (same for testing - staff tests with additional damage - not superior weapons or level)
Thanks
1 User
Old   #12

Interesting to say the least.
Old   #13

I know some of you may be timid to join us in this introductory period; for those of you overseeing this post and sitting back thinkin' 'Yeah i've heard this before': it's day 4 of our open beta development - with a team of 5-7 testers now we have made great strides towards launch. We'd like to thank the EPVP community and the participants so far. Today we are able to clear away the pending bugs list and continue to work on adding more systems in such as housing, arena, events etc.

We are right on schedule with our release hopefully august. This date is not solid - but ideal. It would be beneficial to get more opinions and testing done - we welcome any newcomers that would like to join in our development.

Development hours are between 7AM and 1pm USA eastern - though we've been known to pop in and handle things as late as 8pm.

Our community hangs out in discord - a link can be found on our website. Yes I know our website is basic and not currently SSL - we're not too worried about the art right now - but SSL is on our list ofc.

(edited unrealistic timetable)
Old   #14

yaa yeet
Old   #15

elite*gold: 130
You guys are doing a great job. The communication between us testers and you developers couldn't be better, bugs are being fixed very fast and it's fun to be a part of it! I hope this is going to be a big success after it's official launch.

Thanks
1 User

Tags
2.0, classic, conquer