Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Legacy Conquer - Classic Conquer Online

Old   #76

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,281
TQ binaries are exploitable, and the people who use them are only around to exploit others. There's nothing anyone can do about that, and the person who brought those issues to the spotlight shouldn't be burned. I made an article on my wiki showcasing these exploits if you want to cite a . People should instead focus on the amount of work that went into this server, which is a lot. You (in the generic "you") must be a pretty jealous **** if the only way you can compete is by DDoSing good servers.

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #77

elite*gold: 0
DDOS waves appear thwarted for now; depends on how determined the other party is.

We are in day 5 of our version 4 re-write of the legacy source; Ulti would be better fit to identify all the fixes that V4 will bring however essentially the re-write is for optimization of the source to run even smoother - combat the lag that creeps up after a few hours.

Chugging along with ~65 players online daily.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #78

You will notice some changes in our services, some downtimes on our website as we move over to our newly authored Legacy Conquer v4 source during this next few days. Huge ups to everyone whom have participated thus far; and a super special thanks to my partner, Ultimation.

Peep our discord for more information and the latest news.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #79

Amazing!

Great server you guys need to check it out gets better and better everyday. Community really getting involved and even creating content now! Here's a video I made on the first part of our GW.

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayers View Post
Great server you guys need to check it out gets better and better everyday. Community really getting involved and even creating content now! Here's a video I made on the first part of our GW.

I couldn't help but notice some weird behavior with the jumps through that video at 00:45, 02:10 and 02:13, when someone jumps from outside the screen of the video maker into his screen he(other guy) appears to be already teleported even though in that person's screen he is still in midair, that's why to the video maker the other guy appears to be static for a moment which allows him to land a hit and I see him making use of this all over the video as he keeps running from people so when they jump to his screen they appear to be static and he can land an easy shot then.

To the other person what happens is he clicks to jump to another location and at the beginning of his jump he is force teleported to his destination already dead and then because it doesn't make any sense to him how the other guy figured where he'd land he starts accusing people of aimbotting.

This behavior is normally done when a character performs a skill in midair and this force teleports him to his destination in other people screens while on his screen he's still in midair, in this scenario it's accepted because the character made the decision to teleport and should then accept the consequences.

I don't know if this was the default behavior in 1.0 and was fixed after that but I can wholeheartedly say this isn't the normal behavior.
Old   #81

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuDe_eg View Post
I couldn't help but notice some weird behavior with the jumps through that video at 00:45, 02:10 and 02:13, when someone jumps from outside the screen of the video maker into his screen he(other guy) appears to be already teleported even though in that person's screen he is still in midair, that's why to the video maker the other guy appears to be static for a moment which allows him to land a hit and I see him making use of this all over the video as he keeps running from people so when they jump to his screen they appear to be static and he can land an easy shot then.

To the other person what happens is he clicks to jump to another location and at the beginning of his jump he is force teleported to his destination already dead and then because it doesn't make any sense to him how the other guy figured where he'd land he starts accusing people of aimbotting.

This behavior is normally done when a character performs a skill in midair and this force teleports him to his destination in other people screens while on his screen he's still in midair, in this scenario it's accepted because the character made the decision to teleport and should then accept the consequences.

I don't know if this was the default behavior in 1.0 and was fixed after that but I can wholeheartedly say this isn't the normal behavior.
The teleporting into screen thing is the default behavior of the client. I remember because I wrote a small algorithm to spawn people in on the edge of the screen and fake a jump into screen, but at the end of the day, the screen spawning boundaries just need to be increased. Nothing the server is really at fault for, just a limitation of the client.
Old   #82

Top notch server.

-Anti
Thanks
1 User
Old   #83

The fun still continuing! Here's this weeks guild war footage.

Thanks
3 Users
Old   #84

Ahh, Guildwar like good old days
Old   #85

Things are kicking off at Legacy Conquer. There is simply not enough space here to elaborate on all the awesome content we are adding over the past and current weeks. Custom pets, custom armors that change model size, timely release of our tournament system and events.

Conquer isn't dead - you're just playing the wrong server.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #86

So many great guild wars every week! Here's the third week of our guild war showcases!

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #87

Received Thanks: 1,354
Unfortuntly a rival server, i will not say names, have tried too hard to step on legacyconquer for unknown reasons, however i now know exactly who these people are. I can assure you, LegacyConquer is still alive and healthy. With new and exciting features on the way.

some of the things we have to offer already.

Multiple characters per account (can't be found on any other server)
Custom tournaments (can't be found on any other server)
Pets (some people are calling these pokemen, etc, However they are just something different, it started as a proof of concept.)
We have all the monster spawns working correctly.
We have all the calculations perfect (unlike rival servers)
We do not tolarate bots etc (unlike rival servers).
We have all the official quests implemented. (item drops, dura mobs, etc)
Market fully working and healthy. (Highly exploitable in rival servers)
AutoLevel bound items, these items will automatically with your character upto level 110, Perfect for getting you started. You get them automatically when you create your new character!
Come check us out, you won't be dissapointed.

Thanks
3 Users
Old   #88
You're the one who died

Received Thanks: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
That's a moderator's job. From what I see, both of these threads can be cleaned to an extent. Keep off the thread for a bit and let a moderator come along and evaluate the situation.
I'm here, sorry for the delay. The e*pvp firewall had a grudge against me apparentely.

I'm cleaning both threads now.
I wanted to keep the discussion here because it wasn't too bad, but looking at the one from the other thread I get the full situation.
Please try to stay on-topic related to the server itself. No need to take personal dislike against each other into this thread

Thanks
1 User
Old   #89

I have stayed out of this discussion for some time now but I would like to have a word here...Below is a short of who I am.

I am a long time gamer, forum admin, and mod...I am older than probably most of you here...I do not have a technical mind nor a hacking heart...what I do have is loads of experience in people and gaming...I am good at what I do!

Legacy has an awesome community and a good player base. Some come and go but most have stayed...

Our Dev, Ultimation, is by far one of the best (if not the best) out there and I had no prior knowledge of his existence before I came to Legacy, so I am not biased in any way shape or form. Are his people skills the best? Probably not, but he has us for that :P
He is the one that makes the magic happen, he is the one that puts tireless hours into coding, and the one that actually listens to suggestions from the player base. Nuff said.

EliteMagus is my long time friend (which is why I am here) He is a stand up guy who works for a living and gives freely of his time to make a dream come true...he also listens to the players, asks for input, and allows the player base to feel like they are a part of this process.

Our staff is 100% committed to what we do...A lot of the staff are some of the greatest minds out there!

Lastly, let me touch on the *so called random kicking of people from our discord* Not that I feel I have to explain it and I won't but, there were reasons behind what we did...I mean really who wants a bunch of lurkers or non active players hanging around in the first place? I sure don't. As far as those coming back or new players arriving having to contact us to gain membership I see not one problem with this! I am not going to add someone to member if they are not active players. That is about the jist of things as they stand now...

You would be hard pressed to find another server where the Dev, Owner, or Mods care so much about what they do, what is going on within the game, and actually listen to the players problems and suggestions.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #90

Let me touch a bit on that "randomly kicking players" part, since it just happened to me.

I was part of servers Discord group for a whole lot of 18 hours. 11pm 'till 5ish pm next day. And right after I got home from work I got kicked out and was dumbfounded by it. What do you expect from a new "non-member" that hasn't really started playing yet and is just getting feel of things? Judging by your post, "you sure don't" want them hanging around if they don't start chit-chatting right away.

If that's how you treat newcomers and don't even give them leeway of a couple of days so they can get a feel for the server, then I'm glad I got kicked out right at the start.

Shame really. I was excited and sure that I found a fun server after Kogarasumaru's friendliness and help right after I joined.

All the best to you guys and I hope you find a way to keep user growth with that attitude.

Tags
2.0, classic, conquer