Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Eternity CO Home of the Hunger Games Arena

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Eternity CO Home of the Hunger Games Arena

The Basics:
EternityCO Server is a Classic-Style Leveling Server running a 5165 Client. (Just after Ninja)
It was launched May 2015.

It's a server for people who want the enjoyment of earning a max level character on Conquer without needing to spend years or thousands of dollars to do it.

~x5 EXP and Drop Rates with lots of x2 and x3 Events every day.

+12 Max, 137 Max, 2nd RB Max, 130 Equipment Max.

Even non-donors can easily max out their Level and Equipment in a few months, rather than years like retail.

NO: Talismans, OP Toxic Fog, Retail Lotto, Mentor, Nobility, Item lock, Battle Power/Potency, Horses, Pirates, or any other weird new features.

Trojan, Warrior, Archer, Water, Fire and Ninja Classes.

Tons of custom Quests, Skills, Items, Balance Changes and Ease of Use Features.

Eternity is not truly classic, it's more like Americanized Conquer. (Or think Skyrim with Mods)
Tons of features to cut the grind have been added, many of which come in the form of extremely useful commands such as: /automine (Auto Drop Ores), /autoscroll (automatically scroll Mets/DBs), /whereis (get the map and coords of a player), /ghost (hide from /whereis), and many more.

Non-command features to cut the grind include: (Some of which are VIP features.)
Auto Meteor Spamming (Set the level you want ArtisanWind to stop and it spams mets until it reaches that level)
Violet Gems in addition to helping with Weapon Proficiency also add a Drop Rate increase.
Auctioneer NPC to get the whole server bidding on your item.
A Minion NPC that levels up and unlocks new modes that can hunt for you daily earning you free loot.
A Magic Find Attribute. (Passively increases the chance of Super, +1, Blessing, etc. on dropped equipment for the life of the character)
A Socket Luck Attribute. (Increases Socket chance with ArtisanWind passively for the life of the character)

Several PvP Events every day including a Hunger Games Arena where players start at the same time in the same map at Level 1 with no Equipment or Items and have to gather everything they need to survive until they are the last man or woman standing. Winner gets 400 CP plus they get to keep everything they found in the Arena.

1 Damage 3 HP Arena where everyone starts with 3 HP and deals 1 Damage, last man standing wins 400 CP.

USA Hosted - English Speaking community and proper English on all NPCs and In-Game messages.

Hosted on a commercial quality server machine with a fast commercial connection. (950 Mb/s Up)

Active [GM] and [PM]'s. (with openings for new [PMs])

You don't have to worry about this server being shut down anytime soon.
Since hosting only costs ~30 dollars a month and the Dev Team is one person, funding isn't really an issue. As long as the server has players online it will continue to be hosted and updated.

I should also mention that unlike so many other conquer servers or even retail CO, I genuinely care more about having a good server than making a profit, and don't implement features that destroy the game to make a buck. (or try not to anyway)

I guarantee once you've played this server you will have a hard time going back to any other Conquer private server.

Visit the Website to find out more, Create an Account (No E-Mail required), and Download the Client. (~340MB Just Extract and Play)

Screenshots

FastBlade-like skill for archer that hits 700% of regular arrow damage so Archer can play with skill too.
Taoists get a similar linear skill that uses M-Atk.

Elite Scatter prestige Archer Skill. Larger AoE and higher damage than Scatter but costs Arrows + 10 Stamina. (still very spamable)

Pervade is actually good here, costing 10 Stamina and hitting high M-Dmg just once instead of costing 100 stamina and casting several times. This means Water>waters can hunt on par with Archers or Fire Taoists.

Custom Right-Click skills added for most 2 handers. Most are varying forms of AoE and Spear is Linear like FastBlade.

Ninja is much different than retail ninja, rebalanced to be more of a speedster glass cannon class.
Ninja gets an on-demand cyclone skill, along with a teleport skill to make them highly mobile.
Dual Katanas hit AoE about like rage on every attack. This allows ninja to quick dispatch groups of mobs and level quickly.
Toxic fog hits nearby foes one time for high damage about like Hercules.
Two fold blades, archer bane, poison star remain the same.

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #2

Super fun server! Enjoying the classic feeling with the family like the old days!

Old   #3

ehh???
You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
Old   #4

I've been on serenity for over a year, and i have really enjoyed it so far. our community is small right now, but very friendly and lots of people like to help out new players . our Guild War system is a little different the retail CO, but i've come to like it, there is tons of rewards from GW and lots more room for more guilds and players to make Guild War even more fun.

There are soo many little things to this server that make it that much more fun to play. i definetly recommend it to anyone looking for fun pvp and a great new player experience.

I also recommend reading the about page on the home page of the site to see a good majority of the cool changes on this server.

if you decide to play with us on Serenity i'll see you in game!

-Chocobo (263bp, lvl 135 warrior)

Old   #5

@ It might be a little confusing but Eternity Server is an offshoot of SerenityCO. (which used to be 2 servers but is now only one)
The SerenityCO name is still all over the site and client so just calling it SerenityCO Eternity Server is going to have to work for now.

I tried to simplify the title with Eternity CO.
Old   #6

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eroniku View Post
#Fake, EternityCo is over.
Not sure why you're stating this as it's not true in the least. Been playing on and off for the last two years and although there have been ups and downs Saturn always fixes things and I've had a very good experience with the server.

Mostly nice and helpful players and there's something about the events and play style that keeps me coming back :-) make sure to give this one a try it won't disappoint!

KitDale ~water-war-water
Old   #7

love how all of the positive responds are from a 1 post accounts #legit
Old   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaniQ View Post
love how all of the positive responds are from a 1 post accounts #legit
lol, can't deny that it might look sketchy. And if these accounts would all have been made around the same time recently it would be.. however as you can see those accounts have been around for years. Can't speak for anyone else but back in the day when I played retail CO I made an account just to read the forum and see pics/download stuff etc.

So guess I wasn't contributing much then and now that I try to you think it's a fluke, oh well :-(

#1postaccountsmatter #nowits2
Thanks
1 User
Old   #9

Received Thanks: 3,109
How are you storing passwords? The base 5165 servers I can think of store passwords in plain text. What have you done to improve upon that?
Old   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
How are you storing passwords? The base 5165 servers I can think of store passwords in plain text. What have you done to improve upon that?
Most servers store passwords as plain-text. Security of that matter is usually not an issue for a private server. I mean you don't really get any information from a database of accounts other than account names and passwords. In worst case you can lose a CO account LOL? It's not like a leak there will have same effect as some other huge database leaks with CC info and ****.
Old   #11

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
Most servers store passwords as plain-text. Security of that matter is usually not an issue for a private server. I mean you don't really get any information from a database of accounts other than account names and passwords. In worst case you can lose a CO account LOL? It's not like a leak there will have same effect as some other huge database leaks with CC info and ****.
Standard practices are still worth following. 'Only a co account' is not really fair when even on pservers many users will spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on their account over the lifespan of the game.

That's not including users who use the same PW on the game account as they do on their registered email (it's a shockingly high percent) so by gaining access to the account database you run the risk of your users having the rest of their accounts compromised (email, facebook, paypal, etc are all often using the same information as they signed up for the game using)
Thanks
1 User
Old   #12

Passwords are stored as plain text.
I don't gather E-Mails.
There isn't much of a risk of passwords leaking out as long a I'm the only one with access to the VPS hosting the server.

I wouldn't feel safe having more than just me have access to the database just for this reason.

But I have encountered the issue of someone using the same login/password he used on my server on another private server and the host of that server using his password to login to his account on my server to steal all his gear.

The same is true of private servers and any other online accounts - using a long, unique password is the best practice. (As in don't use your banking password to register an account.) Even big name companies have been known to leak their customers data.

However, if people do get hacked and lose their stuff on my server, even if it's their own fault, I usually help them get their stuff back if their story sounds legit.

I think I'll add a warning to the register page telling people to try to use a unique password on any private server.
Old   #13

Received Thanks: 3,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Templar~ View Post
Passwords are stored as plain text.
I don't gather E-Mails.
There isn't much of a risk of passwords leaking out as long a I'm the only one with access to the VPS hosting the server.

I wouldn't feel safe having more than just me have access to the database just for this reason.

But I have encountered the issue of someone using the same login/password he used on my server on another private server and the host of that server using his password to login to his account on my server to steal all his gear.

The same is true of private servers and any other online accounts - using a long, unique password is the best practice. (As in don't use your banking password to register an account.) Even big name companies have been known to leak their customers data.

However, if people do get hacked and lose their stuff on my server, even if it's their own fault, I usually help them get their stuff back if their story sounds legit.

I think I'll add a warning to the register page telling people to try to use a unique password on any private server.
Or you could not store passwords in plain text. "Even big name companies have been known to leak their customers data" really isn't any defense for keeping plain text passwords. The base minimum of a salted SHA1 would even do. You're on a patch which would be super easy to implement such a system for.
Old   #14

Been following the server for over a year now and the host (Saturn[GM] aka. ~Templar~) really knows what he is doing. Not only does this server get so much updates, they offer quality for the players too! Unfortunately I stopped playing a year ago but I am planning on restarting, you guys should really check this server out! ITS WORTH!

Pro's
+He will listen to the community for new ideas
+Always updated (bugfree)
+Nothing unfair on this server

Con's
-Can't find anything

Tags
classic, custom, eternityco, events, oldschool