Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Introducing Shannara Conquer

Discussion on Introducing Shannara Conquer within the CO2 PServer Advertising forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old 04/05/2017, 00:22   #166

elite*gold: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
The interface looks very nice. I like the design and attention to detail.
Your feedback is very much appreciated =]
Old 04/20/2017, 19:48   #167

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,565
Server is nice, seems stable, only thing i would comment, if your gonna use acidco tournament ideas please try to avoid copying the names exactly. I know Team deathmatch etc cant really be avoided.. But there are plenty of alternatives for pass the bomb
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/22/2017, 00:59   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimation View Post
Server is nice, seems stable, only thing i would comment, if your gonna use acidco tournament ideas please try to avoid copying the names exactly. I know Team deathmatch etc cant really be avoided.. But there are plenty of alternatives for pass the bomb
I honestly didn't know the tournaments names were used by AcidCO. These tournaments (including the names) were mostly suggested by our players so I'm assuming there's where they got the ideas.
If you're cool with it I can give the respective credits on the tournament description.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/22/2017, 02:03   #169

Quote:
The interface looks very nice. I like the design and attention to detail.
Guess who made it XD
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/22/2017, 13:29   #170

Received Thanks: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyorai View Post
I honestly didn't know the tournaments names were used by AcidCO. These tournaments (including the names) were mostly suggested by our players so I'm assuming there's where they got the ideas.
If you're cool with it I can give the respective credits on the tournament description.
This good with me bro. Good luck with your server. Plenty of detail gone into it.
Old 05/09/2017, 17:44   #171

Here are a few more updates of what's currently being done at Shannara Conquer

Bosses Dialogs re-design

It was about time to drop the classic dialogs that are usually used on Conquer and take advantage of the possibility of making our custom dialogs to let players know about the amazing bosses that we have introduced.
This is the version that we're soon going to release and we're really happy with the final outcome as we're sure it will motivate people to join the fights!

Elimination Tournaments

One of the things we've been trying to focus since the beggining is the PVP content on our server. Many of you have also asked us to come up with new ideas to add some excitement to the game, specially for players who have managed to build up a decent set to fight against their enemies.

After listenning to all of your opinions, we've been preparing a set of new events to be added in the upcomming weeks. These events will basically be ladder elimination tournaments where players/teams will have to fight against others until there's only two left fighting for the champion title.
Be prepared to experience lots of fun and have the most exciting fights you've had lately! We're sure you'll love these updates!

What do you think about these?
Feel free to leave us your opinion/suggestions here
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/11/2017, 17:30   #172

While you do bring up some valid points like:
1. The flawed vip system that makes it harder on new comers, shortens the server's life span over time and contributes in removing the classic feel of the server.
2. It takes quite some time to fix the small things or to make updates in general.
3. Nyorai is not around enough in game and especially on forums, the forums are completely dead.
4. I don't know the reborn skills you're talking about but it's probably true anyways.
5. Not applying the English only rule in world chat as much as necessary.
6. Server needs new players badly and will continue to deteriorate unless it happens.

Some of the other points you made that at least in my opinion are not true:
1. FB/SS range:
FB/SS range in Triumph/Apex wasn't the same in all directions too and back then Chris explained that that's how it's supposed to work, I don't really remember the explanation or whether I was convinced or not but it's not a Shannara only thing or not at least a bug.

2. Anti cheat not working:
Actually the anti cheat is one of the best things about Shannara as I've never encountered a single aimbotter or a new jumper in the months I've been playing the server, you could encounter a clicker here and there but that's really nothing compared to the other servers out there, I mean even Apex/Triumph had new jumpers all over the place at some point.

I understand your frustration because that's how I'm also feeling but is it really Nyorai's fault ? I mean the points you made earlier are totally valid but is Shannara over all a bad server ? it's actually the best EU classic server out there now and there are servers with way more bugs and with owners that rarely even pay attention to the server and have more active communities than Shannara.

I don't blame Nyorai, he worked and is still working hard on this server, I just blame how old this game is getting and how low rate servers don't appeal anymore to the old and limited classic conquer player base who are all mostly above 20 years old now and not ready to put weeks and not to mention months into grinding.
Old 05/12/2017, 04:16   #173

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
My ***... that post is America's next novel.
15,000 characters... holy ****
Old 05/12/2017, 05:09   #174

Quote:
My ***... that post is America's next novel.
15,000 characters... holy ****
Thats the passion could be the next J.K.Rowling
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/29/2017, 04:22   #175

Howdy guys, how y'all doing?

I'm glad to announce that on this week's update we've officially started releasing our new bundle of PVP Events as previously mentioned in this thread.

The first event being released was the Elite PK Tournament which is pretty much a duplicate of the tournament introduced in the newest patches of the retail game. Alongside with this event we're also working on the upcomming events which will share the same tournament logic with slightly variations mainly regarding the way matches are held and a winner is picked such as: Skill PK Tournament, Team PK Tournament and Skill Team PK Tournament.
We plan on running all of these once a week so that they remain somewhat unique and have good rewards without breaking down the server's economy.

Elite PK Tournament is therefore a tournament based off an elimination match ladder system in which players are paired up with eachother, ie, will be fighting 1 vs 1 until there are only 2 players left that will be fighting for the champion title on this event.
The event itself is gear-based meaning that all skills are allowed to be used during the matches and players will be dealing the regular damage to their opponents. The event is currently being held on Fridays at 17:00 (5 PM) Server Time.
Once it starts, players will get a dialog invitation asking them if they want to take place in the tournament.

The whole logic of the tournament pretty much relies on two stages in which it can be broken down, an initial qualifying stage and prior to that, the finals.
  • Qualifying phase: When there are more than 8 players, a required number of matches will be held in order to eliminate some of the players to end up with the final 8 players so that we can move on to the next stage. In this stage, players are randomly paired up with eachother and the loser is automatically kicked out of the event. For example, if there are 15 players signed up for the tournament, 7 matches will be held and one random player will automatically move on to the finals. Once those 7 matches end, we will have the 8 required players to start the finals.
    In case there are more than 16 players (required to held 8 matches and chose the winners moving up to the final), the players that are not fighting in any of those 8 matches will be added to a "waiting list" and another round of this qualifying stage will be held until we are down to 8 players.
  • Finals: Once there are only 8 players left in the tournament, these will be randomly allocated to one place in the quarterfinals brackets and from there on they will be able to figure out exactly who they'll be fighting until they reach the final match.
    After the semi-finals, the losers from both matches will be paired up and fight for the 3rd and 4th place in the tournament and the final match will only be held after the 3rd and 4th place are assigned.
    Looking at the image below taken for the very first edition of the tournament we can see that the 8 players that got to the finals were Warrior100, Ziggy, DopamineFB, FireFux, Suits, OuttaControl, a1blaster and Nana.
    After the quarterfinals Warrior100, DopamineFB, OuttaControl and a1blaster beat their opponents and went to the semifinals. Here, OuttaControl and DopamineFB beat a1blaster and Warrior100, respectively, and got promoted to the finals. Warrior100 beat a1blaster during the 3rd and 4th place match and then OuttaControl won the event against DopamineFB.

There's also one more thing that's worth to be mentioned, each round has a maximum of 3 minutes duration (initially we thought about making it 10 minutes but figured it didn't make sense to last that long) and so, in case no winner has been found during that timeframe, the player that dealt the most damage against the other will come out as the winner of the match. This prevents players from trying to troll the rest and ruining the event by refusing to fight.
During their match, players will be able to see the time left and the damage each of them has dealt against the other at the top right corner of their client.

The overall feedback we got from the very first edition of the tournament was extremely positive as everyone loved it and some mentioned it was one of the best additions to the server. Elite PK Tournament is a very popular tournament in the retail game and our players loved that we have managed to implement it on a classic server since things like this give classic servers a pleasant breath of fresh air
We were happy to count with a considerable amount of players joining the event even if we only released the patch a couple hours before this first edition took place and we were only to advertise it for a couple hours before it started. We're confident that in the upcomming weeks alot more players will be joining this event and it surely will be one of Shannara's most attended PVP Events

Feel free to leave us any questions, opinions and/or suggestions about this event and the whole logic behind it. They're very much appreciated and I'm sure they'll contribute to make things even better than what they already are.
Thank you all for your interest, feedback and time spent reading this post :P
Nyo out
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/19/2017, 22:58   #176

This server sounds great, but it is quite old. Can anyone give feedback for someone starting fresh? I played CO at 2008-09 and I feel like trying a private server. But I would like to know before starting how it is for new players, how is many online, if it is p2w etc.

Thanks for reading
Old 06/22/2017, 11:26   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_noooob View Post
This server sounds great, but it is quite old. Can anyone give feedback for someone starting fresh? I played CO at 2008-09 and I feel like trying a private server. But I would like to know before starting how it is for new players, how is many online, if it is p2w etc.

Thanks for reading
Well, one of our major concerns is precisely the newcomers that want to join our server. We've been adding a few custom features to help you getting started on the server and we're currently revamping some things that at this point wouldn't probably be as worth it as it used to be earlier in-game (such as water farming, MoonBoxes, CleanWaters for instance).

We're working on giving things that a new player can make some gold of a little boost so that you don't feel a huge discrepancy against other players. However, I must tell you shouldn't expect to get better than someone who have been playing for months being quite active but I'm pretty sure that's expected already.

I invite you to give us a try and perhaps leave us some feedback about your experience so that we can improve the early game a little bit

Best regards,
Nyo
Old 06/23/2017, 21:18   #178

elite*gold: 1400
Seeing projects like this with pleasant and hard working server owners makes me want to get my server running, A more decent server again.
Old 06/23/2017, 21:22   #179

elite*gold: 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylinJynx View Post
little do you know :P

everything always looks rosy on the outside till you dig deeper.
We don't know yet
Old 06/23/2017, 21:41   #180

#EDITED#

Here are a couple things that were changed on the patch released 2 days ago that you could read on the change log dialog ingame:
- Guild Controllers can now be moved by the Guild Leader of the guild who won the Guild War;
- Guilld Fund and Guild Members donation now will turn negative instead of stopping at 0;
- Players who have negative guild fund or donation cannot use the Guild Controllers;
- (NOT RELEASED YET) Now that Guild Controllers are able to be moved, Eternity (Reborn NPC) is probably being moved to its original place in the DreamLand;

Tags
classic, conquer, conquer online, private server