Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:31

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!


Introducing Shannara Conquer

Discussion on Introducing Shannara Conquer within the CO2 PServer Advertising forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Reply
 
Old 01/27/2017, 15:02   #136
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 63
Received Thanks: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
You can't really control that. What I noticed at L2H was that players were more focused on hunting rather then PvP but after some stimulance they started to pk more.
L2H had a worse source, rarely if any events, a worse host than Shannara's and some but not much custom content but for as long as it was up it was never boring and always competitive, so there must be something.



DuDe_eg is offline  
Old 01/27/2017, 15:08   #137
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7
Received Thanks: 0
Good idea, i just wish not every release with english owners were classic based.


AAntonioMontana is offline  
Old 01/27/2017, 17:35   #138
 
elite*gold: 200
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 189
Received Thanks: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuDe_eg View Post
While this server is very good, has alot of custom features and events, the new host is very good and I used to recommend Shannara to all my friends, but it's very stale pvp wise and has been so from day one, so it gets pretty boring if it's not GW or CCGW which are just once a week on Saturday and Sunday. It's mostly the community's fault and partly Nyorai's fault for not removing the arena reviver and not thinking of a way to overcome this.

In fact I don't know whose fault it is, it's something that I've seen happen also in TriumphConquer (Pro4Never's server) but never knew why it happened since that server was also pretty good and was well managed, the fact is the way Shannara works right now doesn't motivate players to compete with each other and no matter how big the population is they will realize that fact later when they're done maxing their characters.

Also don't tell me this happens to all servers, no it shouldn't Love2Hate had pvp up to the day it was shut down also Gump's server so there's something wrong here, or maybe classic Conquer in general is decaying after all.
Here's the tricky part, most people don't complain about PVP Content, what they complain about is the fact they can't get rich out of PVP.
Being this a leveling server, awarding +3 or +4 items on hourly PVP Events (like some players have already suggested) would be nonsense and would be just satisfying people who want to get strong in the blink of an eye and would pretty much make the server unattractive to any new player.

As for the server activity, I do get what you're saying but allow me to disagree and explain why. Server's most active events are for sure Guild War and Counter Clock Guild War, we agree on this but this doesn't necessarily mean that that's it. After all if we think about it, when the server was released there were no other events besides Guild War. The addition of over 15 hourly PVP Events, 1 main Guild-based event, Class based events, Dueling arenas, Custom Arena Qualifier (released earlier this week) kinda made things target mostly PVP.

Also, I don't see the fact of having only two main guild-based events as a bad thing for two main reasons:
1. It's extremely hard to find a schedule that can please most of the community (Europe, America, Egypt/North Africa and Asia/Philippines), there are still people still complaining about Guild War and Counter Clock Guild War which are held on weekends at an "acceptable" time for everyone;
2. Having too many main guild-based events might take GW and/or CCGW out of the spotlights which is something we don't really want to happen as these events are fun when lots of people join;

Despite of this, we're currently working on a 3rd big scale guild-based event.

However, I do agree when you say players can be motivated to fight each other and it's for this same reason that anyone who has played us for quite a while now can clearly realize this is what we have planned and this is the path we're taking. If someone has played before when we had less content I would agree but right now it's kinda hard to since most of our players know what we have planned.

To prove the point mentioned above I'll take the opportunity and show our latest addition mentioned earlier which is the Arena Qualifier (idea taken from TQ's Qualifier added on a newer patch than the one we're running on) that introduces not only the Arena Qualifier itself but let players know that more PVP Events like Team PK Tournament and Elite PK Tournament are going to be implemented.


All I mentioned above was just to make sure you understand that you are wrong when you say we are not thinking about ways to overcome the lack of PVP content in the late/end-game of every player. We are not just thinking about them but also implementing them.

As for the Arena Reviver, we have considered removing it before as you have suggested, we have also asked a few players what they think about it and the majority told us there was already jail as a PVP zone without the reviver so why not leave it at arena?

Nevertheless, considering it was quite some time ago I don't find it a problem to run a poll on our Facebook post and see what most people think about it. So feel free to visit us at and leave your opinion there!

Finally, I would like to take the opportunity and thank you for speaking out your opinion. After all I believe that the only way for us to improve our gameplay is through constructive comments about what we have and I believe yours was a good contribution to the project. If there's anything else you'd like to suggest please let us know.

Kindest regards,
Nyo
Nyorai is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/27/2017, 18:54   #139
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 63
Received Thanks: 22
When I assigned blame I said it's mostly the community's fault, I mean the hourly events you mentioned are really great yeah but players don't bother joining them and the duel arena is also a good addition but I only see a couple of players using it and the new Arena Qualifier will probably meet the same fate in a week or so.

I was wrong yeah when I said you weren't thinking of ways to overcome the issue, you obviously are but I recommend paying a visit to your competition and see why it's way more pvp active in spite of being a way worse server whose owner barely logs and it's full of hacks and abusive gms and has none of the events or the infinite stamina arenas.

In the end don't process my words defensively I have nothing to gain from this, I just want the better coded and more well managed servers to get the attraction they deserve.


DuDe_eg is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/27/2017, 23:08   #140
 
elite*gold: 200
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 189
Received Thanks: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuDe_eg View Post
When I assigned blame I said it's mostly the community's fault, I mean the hourly events you mentioned are really great yeah but players don't bother joining them and the duel arena is also a good addition but I only see a couple of players using it and the new Arena Qualifier will probably meet the same fate in a week or so.

I was wrong yeah when I said you weren't thinking of ways to overcome the issue, you obviously are but I recommend paying a visit to your competition and see why it's way more pvp active in spite of being a way worse server whose owner barely logs and it's full of hacks and abusive gms and has none of the events or the infinite stamina arenas.

In the end don't process my words defensively I have nothing to gain from this, I just want the better coded and more well managed servers to get the attraction they deserve.
Like I said I agree with some of the points you stated.
However I felt the need to clear some things out as I don't want people to read this thread and be mislead into the idea that we're not concerned about the game maturity.

Regarding your suggestion, we're always looking into new concepts/ideas so if you have any you'd like to suggest feel free to do it. However, regarding what you said about the type of servers you were talking about I think at the end it comes down to a couple things you mentioned yourself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuDe_eg View Post
I recommend paying a visit to your competition and see why it's way more pvp active in spite of being a way worse server whose owner barely logs and it's full of hacks and abusive gms.
1. The fact people can use hacks/bots on those servers is the exact same reason why many people are playing them;
2. The fact most of those servers allow players to max out in an hour either by exploiting their bugs or because the rates are that high makes players start PVPing much earlier in game but it also makes them get bored faster;

Then again, I agree with you, servers might have to focus a bit more on PVP.
Mind if I ask exactly what servers are you referring to and what makes you think that?
Nyorai is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/28/2017, 04:44   #141
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 63
Received Thanks: 22
I will pm you so we don't advertise them here.
DuDe_eg is offline  
Old 02/12/2017, 02:29   #142
 
elite*gold: 200
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 189
Received Thanks: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylinJynx View Post
Forgive me for my English spelling etc

So i am a new player to the server the 1st thing i noticed the server is full of players with 2 soc / +8/7 -5 and its just about to hit a year of being active not to mention something is really wrong when 1 player gets a 2 soc within 30secs and 1 min after that another player gets 2 soc O.o

Another thing i noticed is player gold guards are broken they do not act like classic co guards they don't lock on to players/mobs etc if you sit they stop attacking i had very nice memory's of classic gold guards and the jajas trying to make you go red with them and that was awesome because it made enemies = more pvp. Gold guards should stay locked on to target even when player is resed and should not stop attacking unless re summoned or killed in a mobs case. Only reason i can see this being this way is to care for the care bears. also forgot to add gold guards should move when you go off screen and back and stack the player with a gold guard it should move from its position.

Now Town guards what's up with them? they never move they don't jump out to attack blinking names as they should and it just makes it safer for players making sockets the guard never moves even if you try use a noob to make them move these guards need to work like they do in classic which means people should feel less safe when making sockets that's what market is for.

Now mining... on this server mining is really bad been mining for over 2-3weeks now with a full mining crew of 10 and i have seen 1 super gem drop and loads of normal gems hardly any refines like a max of 3 i have seen drop that is nothing like classic co and they have a gimmicky system about levelling pickaxe that does nothing.

And arena reviver that really shouldn't be there.

And now newbie protection again something to cater for the care bears this should not be in here classic co didn't have it and it has no place in co killing market sellers is part of co its annoying yes but again it makes enemies which = more pvp

now client wise its buggy so lets say you disconnect from the server and reconnect set up stall in market and you cant put anything in because its bugged only way to fix this is to close client reopen and set up stall again (oops market spot taken).

Another bug i have noticed with the client is alt tabbing between clients its hard to explain but sometimes when tabbing to a new client everyone in the market or mine is fast forwarding really quick like everyone all of a sudden are moving in all direction like retracing there steps or something very odd. and some clients just stay bugged while in the mine that i noticed more you would see gems/players on the floor and when you tab to the other ones there are no gems there and you cant even pick them up.

now to mining again normal gems are worthless(-rtg) people drop them all over the ground and the only currency on this server (for miners) seems to be RTG or super gems(which never drop) now this could be because normal gems drop way to often they are worth nothing also you have an npc that can make you refined and super gems with 15 of each again something that was not in classic co and shouldn't be here that alone would fix a lot of prices in market and add value to the gems. not to mention it would also have stopped everyone having -5 on all there 2 socs it should be rare. forgot to add ore rates seem to be very high emptying bags every 3mins or so doesn't seem right.

Another weird thing they did something with cyclone that it never drops you don't even need to think about it its always up and you don't even have to reactivate it as long as you kill a mob it just resets and stays on all the time again not classic co cyclone way to easy even if you was trying to fix that bug that could happen with it.

what's up with stig shield invis? 1st when you stig someone invis is meant to make stig not work and shield is meant to stop stig from being cast on them atm from what i see you can cast stig on people shielded which makes no sense why are these simple rules being changed how much more is being changed? does ghost stacks still stop fb's from hitting you? come on... also immunity doesn't seem to work when you log in or port somewhere your meant to be immune from dmg for a few secs cant remember how long but its short.

Also message board is not working on this server so forget about putting up trades etc stick with spamming world chat..

now as a donator i also have to question if the drop rate is really increased because i have not noticed it at all and apparently you mine a bit faster too... yeah not sure about that also 2nd warehouse access does not work its just greyed out.

now about reborning why in gods name is the rb npc in market? again catering for care bears sorry but it does not belong there... how do i pk enemy waters? or how do they do the same to me? its silly to be in market you need to run up there and worry that you might get pk'ed on the way there that's co that's how it should be. Please put NPC back in Sky Path.

Now to blue mouse i don't really know how to say this but its very easy and it shouldn't be.. your not doing your community a favour by making this quest so simple its meant to be boring hard etc because by making it so easy it just makes mets worth less and in the mine there is only 1 left side and 1 right side you cant go down to more levels and on that topic why cant i mine down the cave? why do i need to stay on the 1st level only? if you go down the cave it just says you cant mine here ehh?!?
same for other mines they seem to be missing levels which makes no sense at all why its like that.

There is also a very annoying bug on this server when your killed sometimes you don't have the revive button.. you need to /revive unfortunately there is nothing telling the players about these commands i was lucky a friend told me about it a new player would have no clue. on that note there seems to be a lot of / commands on this server but no guide letting players know all of them and what they do another thing that should be on the website so new players know.

Player base hardly any English speaking players world chat constantly in non English which is kinda disheartening.

Also GM/PM don't seem to be active either or just don't reply to pm's.

Can we also get a proper cursor fix? not one that just uses the windows cursor and removes all the animated co ones? better yet why is the game so lagy without it on a high end system? o.O when i 1st joined and noticed the horrible lag i honestly closed the client and looked for other servers and came back to this again to see if there's a way to fix it. this will deter new players from joining and playing here.

Now the good points server seems very stable i get really good ping there's events going on all the time even if some are a bit useless (prof? Elite? :P) so there's always something to do market seems full south side rather then north side which i found very odd o.O maybe north side its bugged? :P anyway i cant say i am not enjoying this server i really am but its just the little things that bother me and feel this server could really shine if it wasn't for these things.

I do wish the website had a proper guide letting us know when and at what time all the scheduled hourly loot events (elite/super/+1/mets) etc and server maint? etc.

One last thing for the love of god get rid of all those server msg's of letting us all know who logs in who gets refs who gets supers who gets dbs who leveled to 116 who defeated who in arena and is placed 21st so many pointless msg's if i remember correctly db msg is meant to pop up in the zone you are in not server wide.

and you can make the argument that the community requested this and that but look how live co turned out with community requests. Remember not all requests are good some don't like being pk'ed so they would vote against things that make it easier for them to get killed etc


sorry if i come out a bit negative/aggressive i don't like to sugar coat things i like to tell them as they are...
I appreciate your feedback.
I'll look into all of these and see what can be improved.

It's not everyone that actually is willing to spend some minutes to write down a constructive and organized opinion like you did and for that I'd like to thank you once again, it's from things like this we can continue improving our gameplay =)
Nyorai is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/13/2017, 02:49   #143
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3
Received Thanks: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyorai View Post
I appreciate your feedback.
I'll look into all of these and see what can be improved.

It's not everyone that actually is willing to spend some minutes to write down a constructive and organized opinion like you did and for that I'd like to thank you once again, it's from things like this we can continue improving our gameplay =)
Thank you for taking the time to read it all

And i would like to add all in all this server is by far the best eu server (i have tried almost all of them) and very well done on the mass banning of people selling things for irl makes legit players like me really happy and will only make this community even better and bigger when players know gm's are active in dealing with these things that i know take a lot of time.

Also could we have server news on the front page kinda weird that you need to load up guides page then press server news you wouldn't really think server news would be under guides(maybe add a news tab).
its a shame you have a wonderful news post but it might be missed by a few players.

ps. gold guard only respond to single target attacks thought id add that in there because its hard to kill those pesky mine pkers with my guard when they are in stack because skatter doesn't make guard attack etc they also stack which i found odd they should move the gold guard that was in its place this cant be good for guild wars imagine 20+ stacking gold guards at gate/bridge not good :P
KylinJynx is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/14/2017, 00:41   #144
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 63
Received Thanks: 22
Yeah honestly, despite my reservations about the community, Shannara is the best classic EU based experience out there now and with that mass ban I hope new people are more motivated to start there.
DuDe_eg is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/14/2017, 05:01   #145
 
elite*gold: 200
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 189
Received Thanks: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylinJynx View Post
Thank you for taking the time to read it all

And i would like to add all in all this server is by far the best eu server (i have tried almost all of them) and very well done on the mass banning of people selling things for irl makes legit players like me really happy and will only make this community even better and bigger when players know gm's are active in dealing with these things that i know take a lot of time.

Also could we have server news on the front page kinda weird that you need to load up guides page then press server news you wouldn't really think server news would be under guides(maybe add a news tab).
its a shame you have a wonderful news post but it might be missed by a few players.

ps. gold guard only respond to single target attacks thought id add that in there because its hard to kill those pesky mine pkers with my guard when they are in stack because skatter doesn't make guard attack etc they also stack which i found odd they should move the gold guard that was in its place this cant be good for guild wars imagine 20+ stacking gold guards at gate/bridge not good :P
Yea well, it did take a couple weeks to go through 3 months of chat, trades, drops and login logs and the fact that 90% of the involved people did not speak English you can imagine how time-consuming it was, taking me time to actually do some updates server-wise or being more actively interacting with the community as I usually am. Thankfully it's all done now.

Thank you for the suggestions on server news, someone else has suggested this in the past too as it makes it easier for people to see what we're up to and let new players know how we actively bring new content to the server. I'll see what can be done but probably having under a "News" tab could be the best approach.

As for the guard, thanks for the feedback, no one ever reported that before, I have already added it to the list =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuDe_eg View Post
Yeah honestly, despite my reservations about the community, Shannara is the best classic EU based experience out there now and with that mass ban I hope new people are more motivated to start there.
Well, I believe the best solution for that is building a diverse community with different groups of people that get along so join in and get your crew with you hehe. Jokes aside, I have planned a pack of advertising campaigns/events for the upcoming weeks (starting this weekend) once all the drama and crying is gone so that, as you said, we can bring some fresh blood to the game and let new players be motivated to start playing =)
Nyorai is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/14/2017, 14:27   #146
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 63
Received Thanks: 22
I would suggest though, that the server news be on homepage so new comers have an idea of how active the server is.
DuDe_eg is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/14/2017, 22:52   #147
 
elite*gold: 200
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 189
Received Thanks: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylinJynx View Post
Also could we have server news on the front page kinda weird that you need to load up guides page then press server news you wouldn't really think server news would be under guides(maybe add a news tab).
its a shame you have a wonderful news post but it might be missed by a few players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuDe_eg View Post
I would suggest though, that the server news be on homepage so new comers have an idea of how active the server is.
As suggested above I have added a live feed of our Facebook page timeline to website homepage.

Players can now keep up with the latest news simply by visiting our website

Nyorai is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/15/2017, 08:36   #148
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3
Received Thanks: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyorai View Post
As suggested above I have added a live feed of our Facebook page timeline to website homepage.

Players can now keep up with the latest news simply by visiting our website

Looking really good
KylinJynx is offline  
Old 02/17/2017, 01:32   #149
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 117
Received Thanks: 3
I just started on this server last week and I have to say it's the best experience I've ever had on a private server. Rates are low enough that it feels classic-ish and not everyone is overpowered, but at the same time they're high enough that you feel a sense of progression. Some of the quality of life changes are also definitely appreciated (bluemouse quest isn't stupidly long anymore for terrible rewards, cyclone lasts much longer so you can level a lot quicker, spawns are HUGE, etc. etc.)

I've donated to this server already and I definitely don't regret it. I had an issue with my characters I had left on overnight in TG, and after whispering the GM online at the time it was fixed within a half hour. That's amazing support that you really don't see on a lot of servers.

That said it isn't perfect. A lot of the community doesn't speak English which goes directly against the server rules (only english in world chat). I understand letting it happen, because you want to let the community grow, but I think this rule should be changed if you're going to let it happen. The English speakers I've met though were very friendly and the community overall seems good.

Another issue is Meteors - while the drop rate is pretty high, they're a commodity that literally every player needs in abundance and so they're rarely on sale. I'm not sure what you could do to fix this though.

Keep up the great work and the regular updates and I'll continue to play for the foreseeable future
hugezeldafan94 is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/17/2017, 01:50   #150
 
elite*gold: 200
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 189
Received Thanks: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylinJynx View Post
Looking really good
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugezeldafan94 View Post
I just started on this server last week and I have to say it's the best experience I've ever had on a private server. Rates are low enough that it feels classic-ish and not everyone is overpowered, but at the same time they're high enough that you feel a sense of progression. Some of the quality of life changes are also definitely appreciated (bluemouse quest isn't stupidly long anymore for terrible rewards, cyclone lasts much longer so you can level a lot quicker, spawns are HUGE, etc. etc.)

I've donated to this server already and I definitely don't regret it. I had an issue with my characters I had left on overnight in TG, and after whispering the GM online at the time it was fixed within a half hour. That's amazing support that you really don't see on a lot of servers.

That said it isn't perfect. A lot of the community doesn't speak English which goes directly against the server rules (only english in world chat). I understand letting it happen, because you want to let the community grow, but I think this rule should be changed if you're going to let it happen. The English speakers I've met though were very friendly and the community overall seems good.

Another issue is Meteors - while the drop rate is pretty high, they're a commodity that literally every player needs in abundance and so they're rarely on sale. I'm not sure what you could do to fix this though.

Keep up the great work and the regular updates and I'll continue to play for the foreseeable future
I appreciate both of your opinions =)
@ we've actually been thinking a bit about meteors and their use to see if somehow we can make players more often. Thanks for pointing that out tho


Nyorai is offline  
Reply

Tags
classic, conquer, conquer online, private server



« [Readme] Secure and protect your server | Primal Conquer 1.0 | The Online Sensation »

Similar Threads
Introducing Raw Conquer - a Hardcore 1.0 server.
03/16/2016 - CO2 PServer Archive - 42 Replies
Greetings all, I have hid in the shadows for quite some time around here and I'm quite excited to be coming to fruition of a dream. Now introducing Raw Conquer. - Raw Conquer Private Server Like many here, I've popped from priv server to priv server; trying to find an as close approximate as possible as I could to the "Hay-Day" of CO. (For many). What we have done is take a solid 5017 base and reverse-engineered 1.0 by re-introducing 1.0 resources and while it's not 100% it's a...
Hello! Introducing my self.
04/22/2014 - Say Hello - 7 Replies
Hello Elitepvpers! :eek: I am in my last year of high school, about 17 years old :mofo: ... I love programming and I already started learning C++ and now I kinda know how to make big programs. :mofo:
Just introducing...
09/30/2011 - Say Hello - 1 Replies
just dropping here to say hi.. :) i am new here and its good to be here.. by the way, this is Frances from New York, a consultant in a postcard mailing (no minimum postcards).. :)
Conquer Online Class and Reborn Introducing
08/21/2010 - CO2 Guides & Templates - 1 Replies
Okay I was bored at school and thought I would make a guide for Conquer Online. What should the guide include was what I thought, hmm. As I couldn't get on anything, then I thought I would make a guide for all things in Conquer. I hope this will be useful for all :) Goodluck First what is Conquer Online? Conquer Online is a MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game). Is based on 3d models, but with 2d gameplay, it got a unique style of gameplaying, wich is not seen much...
im introducing myselF~~
12/01/2008 - Say Hello - 2 Replies
hi there guyz and gUrlz!! Im bhruxts but u can call me BRUTUS if u like. hehe.. Im 22 and im from Lucena city, quezon, philippines.... thats all FoLkZz!~,~



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:31.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

BTC: 3KeUpz52VCbhmLwuwydqxu6U1xsgbT8YT5
ETH: 0xc6ec801B7563A4376751F33b0573308aDa611E05

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Abuse
Copyright ©2019 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.