Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:35

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement
Bitcoin Dice Game

Leave Mentor Fiction 2065

Discussion on Leave Mentor Fiction 2065 within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Leave Mentor Fiction 2065

So I've been playing with this all night, and I'm in need of some assistance. I have literally every other function of 2065 complete with no issues. The only problem I have is with leavementor. First I modify the subtype as dumpapprentice and send the packet to the mentor if online. I've tried sending 2066 with every value I can think of, but the apprentice doesnt get removed from the mentors apprentice list.

My question is this: how do I remove the apprentice from the mentors list? This is 5517.

Thanks in advance team

Old 10/23/2016, 12:07   #2

Egy's can help you this.

Old 10/24/2016, 07:13   #3

So I have completed the entire mentor apprentice system, the only thing I'm still stuck on is this. Anyone have any info?
Old 10/24/2016, 14:33   #4

Received Thanks: 1,077
You send the apprentice info packet (2066) to the mentor but with

Offset Value Name
4 2 (List) ActionType
8 Mentor Id
12 Apprentice Id
24 999999 Hours
52 2 (List) ActionType
56 1 IsOnline

followed and empty 2066 packet with the ActionType at offset 4 set to 3.

The Hours field at offset 24 is the important part of the packet. The client is expecting a value between 0-72 hours and when you send a value of 999999 the record is dropped and the apprentice info is freed client side.

Good luck.

Thanks
3 Users
Old 10/24/2016, 19:58   #5

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by { Angelius } View Post

Offset Value Name
4 2 (List) ActionType
8 Mentor Id
12 Apprentice Id
24 999999 Hours
52 2 (List) ActionType
56 1 IsOnline

The Hours field at offset 24 is the important part of the packet. The client is expecting a value between 0-72 hours and when you send a value of 999999 the record is dropped and the apprentice info is freed client side.

Good luck.
I added these details to the packet wiki -->
Let me know if you'd like to change anything.
Old 10/25/2016, 11:16   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
I added these details to the packet wiki -->
Let me know if you'd like to change anything.
The offset I didn't know what it was about xD
Old 10/26/2016, 16:08   #7

Quote:

Offset Value Name
4 2 (List) ActionType
8 Mentor Id
12 Apprentice Id
24 999999 Hours
52 2 (List) ActionType
56 1 IsOnline

Good luck.
What the actual ****??
Old 10/27/2016, 01:04   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
What the actual ****??
Yes, it was a WTF moment for me too when I saw how it's handled in the client while debugging it lol.

So just out of curiosity I looked at the code again and figured I gave the wrong answer. It turns out the default value for the Hours field is 999999 so

Hours == 999999; Field is ignored.
Hours == 0; The apprentice record is dropped from the mentor list.
Hours > 0; Value is parsed as the number of waiting hours left before the mentor-ship is active.

So to remove the apprentice from the mentor list you send
packet 2065 with ActionType = (ExpelApprentice = 18) followed by
packet 2066 with ActionType = (ApprenticeList = 2), and the Hours field set to 0.

Sorry about the wrong info I included in my previous post. I should've double checked first.
@ You might wanna edit the wiki page and remove the old info.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/27/2016, 01:44   #9

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,805
Quote:
Yes, it was a WTF moment for me too when I saw how it's handled in the client while debugging it lol.

So just out of curiosity I looked at the code again and figured I gave the wrong answer. It turns out the default value for the Hours field is 999999 so

Hours > 0; Value is parsed as the number of waiting hours left before the mentor-ship is active.

packet 2066 with ActionType = (ApprenticeList = 2), and the Hours field set to 0.

Sorry about the wrong info I included in my previous post. I should've double checked first.
Fixed.
Old 10/27/2016, 02:21   #10

Quote:

Angelius, first off thanks so much for the assistance and clarification of offset 24. Now my offsets are all correct and this is what I'm sending to the mentor.
Code:
                    Models.Packets.Guide.GuideInformation info = new Models.Packets.Guide.GuideInformation();
                    info.Mode = 2;
                    info.Id = guidePlayer.ClientId;
                    info.TargetId = (uint)player.ClientId;
                    info.Hours = 0;
                    info.EnrollDate = 0;
                    info.Strings = new System.Collections.Generic.List<string>();
                    guidePlayer.ClientSocket.Send(info);
Prior to that, I'm sending the 2065 with subtype 18. Still no luck removing the apprentice from the list. Is there anything you see I'm missing.
Old 10/27/2016, 03:28   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniacPro View Post
Angelius, first off thanks so much for the assistance and clarification of offset 24. Now my offsets are all correct and this is what I'm sending to the mentor.
Code:
                    Models.Packets.Guide.GuideInformation info = new Models.Packets.Guide.GuideInformation();
                    info.Mode = 2;
                    info.Id = guidePlayer.ClientId;
                    info.TargetId = (uint)player.ClientId;
                    info.Hours = 0;
                    info.EnrollDate = 0;
                    info.Strings = new System.Collections.Generic.List<string>();
                    guidePlayer.ClientSocket.Send(info);
Prior to that, I'm sending the 2065 with subtype 18. Still no luck removing the apprentice from the list. Is there anything you see I'm missing.
Yes, The strings list cannot be empty you need to send the Mentor, Apprentice and Apprentice Spouse strings. I am guessing you can get away with sending the apprentice name only but it's just a guess. I personally send the packet fully populated and if I omit the strings the record doesn't get removed.

Also I am not sure if it's of any consequence here but offset 52 is an action type and it should be set to 2 (ApprenticeList) just like the one at offset 4.

You might ask why do I need the strings when I am only removing the record, I have no idea. It's TQ you know :P
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/27/2016, 04:49   #12

Quote:
Yes, The strings list cannot be empty you need to send the Mentor, Apprentice and Apprentice Spouse strings. I am guessing you can get away with sending the apprentice name only but it's just a guess. I personally send the packet fully populated and if I omit the strings the record doesn't get removed.

Also I am not sure if it's of any consequence here but offset 52 is an action type and it should be set to 2 (ApprenticeList) just like the one at offset 4.

You might ask why do I need the strings when I am only removing the record, I have no idea. It's TQ you know :P
So both offset 4 and 52 are the action type?

//EDIT:
Thanks Angelius, I have it working. Now Mentor/Apprentice works 100%. Thanks so much I owe you!
Old 10/27/2016, 09:44   #13

Quote:

Again, what the **** TQ?

« I want Lauder against Ollydbg program help | Best structured source »