Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 06:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

About TQs Bannings related to MM

Discussion on About TQs Bannings related to MM within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Gosh when I posted about the MM exploit existing peaple said I was lying well guess the obvious speaks for itself now

Anyways, like I posted on gzp before the exploit was publicly released, TQ where aware of this originally on Sunshine server, then Justice and werent able to figur out how it was done straight away, they figured itd remain isolated so didnt panic at first but set up there usual plan in case. There usual plan for you n00blets that havnt played for years and learnt TQs ways is what we call a Mass-Banning spree... now theres no "uber bot-catching" tool, they have ONE WAY of knowing a fake char, if you created the account after the 20th thereyll check ur current lvl and decide on there "whim" whether or not to ban you... If you made 130 chars and kept them there your sooooo retarded its unreal cause your the most obvious ones, Reborn ASAP if you havnt been banned!!! GET OF THE TOP BOARDS!. Hence the reason for TQ removing the top board so they can work through it. Secondly, they can ban you randomly, even if urve never botted / cheated in your life.... THAT is TQs way... they shaft there custormers regardless of guilt. Heres some facts though:
The email address of the xploit-char can be banned, along with Linkd accounts to email address.
Your I.P. can be banned thus creating the illusion "all my chars are banned wtf" where only a few have been banned + your I.P. = Phone ur I.S.P. request a new I.P address

YOU CANNOT BE SUED THATS A FRIGGIN LIE!!! HERES THE LEGAL JARGON: To commit computer fraud or misuse you must be gaining *UNAUTHORISED* access to another system and actively Alter the files on THERE end! By changing packets in YOUR computer is legal cause there YOURS on YOUR machine and what YOU DO IS YOUR CHOICE LEGALLY!, All this bollox Ive been hearing about small claims courts Pffffft how retarded are some of you peaple! learn the law before you panic peaple whoever you where that started this legal scare panic!. Its a Public domain game which AUTHORISES access to there server when you type in your account name and password and says "Loggin in". I will Flame the next fag to mention being sued! Its a friggin game grow up!.

For the smart ones of you who've read this far down, heres a blatent observation, MM Exploit can be done with MysteriousMan + DB allowing same lvling cheat ability as much as you want for 1 DB...... but DUHHHH ma brain hurts,,, So bloomin obvious, peaple should think harder. Anyone making stupid or retarded comments about this subject or my thread will be treated with the contempt they deserve, ill speak as i see fit so long to not be overly harsh.

Ive been Banned - Unbanned - Banned - Unbanned - Banned - Unbanned
Old 07/29/2007, 00:28   #2

Quote:
YOU CANNOT BE SUED THATS A FRIGGIN LIE!!! HERES THE LEGAL JARGON: To commit computer fraud or misuse you must be gaining *UNAUTHORISED* access to another system and actively Alter the files on THERE end! By changing packets in YOUR computer is legal cause there YOURS on YOUR machine and what YOU DO IS YOUR CHOICE LEGALLY!,
I agree that you shouldn't, and more than likely won't be, sued for doing that. But, you do not own those packets. And, assuming you are running a Microsoft OS (Operating System, i.e. Windows XP), you actually own very little of what is on your computer.

But the main idea of the "un-sue-ability" (I made that up), is quite true.
Old 07/29/2007, 01:07   #3

Nice hints there to avoid being banned, some idoits deserve to be banned though, classic
Old 07/29/2007, 03:32   #4

elite*gold: 20
The packets are yours. You pay for the electricity that is used to send them and the equipment used to generate them. To say someone else owns your packets means you got shafted out of your computer setup huh. You may not own yours, but I own mine and everything else on my comp.
Old 07/29/2007, 05:23   #5

I cant get it to work with dbs,i think tq did something,i got the crack open and working,but when im on local server i cant get it to let me use the guy to db lvl,but when im on none local i can
Old 07/29/2007, 05:24   #6

Erm where is this proxy program that u guys mention???
Old 07/29/2007, 05:31   #7

it has been removed.

queen evil your wrong about exploiting the unknown man

or i dont know something,when i have the hack open it wont let me use the man,when its closed,i can use it
Old 07/29/2007, 05:43   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by bone-you@Jul 28 2007, 18:32
The packets are yours. You pay for the electricity that is used to send them and the equipment used to generate them. To say someone else owns your packets means you got shafted out of your computer setup huh. You may not own yours, but I own mine and everything else on my comp.
Thats not true.
If you "own" the electricity that is powering you machine thus everything that it powers is yours, that would mean that if it is my water company that is allowing an entire neighborhood (or more) to water their lawn, then those lawns/flower etc. are now mine.
What? You don't think that my analogy is similar? Of course it is. Yours is basically "Without the power that I pay for, none of the things on my computer could exist", right? Now, that electricity actually comes from another company i assume so it isn't made by you, you just pay for the service. My example is "Without my water that i supply, your grass/flowers would not be able to exist". Same idea, right?

Here is why I said that you do not own those packets. First off you did not make them, you just changed someone else's packet. That like copy/pasting an essay and just editing a few sentences to your liking.

The other reason I said you don't own the majority of what's on your computer (If you run Windows), is because you don't OWN Windows. It is LEASED to you. Don't believe me? Here, read up on this:
[Taken from badvista.org]

Even when you legally buy Vista, you don't own it.

Windows Vista, like previous versions of Windows, is proprietary software: leased to you under a license that severely restricts how you can use it, and without source code, so nobody but Microsoft can change it or even verify what it really does.

Microsoft says it best:

"The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways."

To make it even more confusing, different versions of Vista have different licensing restrictions. You can read all of the licenses at .

It's painful to read the licenses, and this is often why people don't object to them. But if we don't start objecting, we will lose valuable freedoms. Here are some of the ridiculous restrictions you will find in your reading:

* If your copy of Vista came with the purchase of a new computer, that copy of Vista may only be legally used on that machine, forever.
* If you bought Vista in a retail store and installed it on a machine you already owned, you have to completely delete it on that machine before you can install it on another machine.
* You give Microsoft the right, through programs like Windows Defender, to delete programs from your system that it decides are spyware.
* You consent to being spied upon by Microsoft, through the ?Windows Genuine Advantage? system. This system tries to identify instances of copying that Microsoft thinks are illegitimate. Unfortunately, a recent study indicated that this system has already screwed up in over 500,000 cases.

Free software like GNU/Linux does not require you to consent to these absurd licensing terms. It is called free software because you are free to make as many copies as you want, and to share it with as many friends as you want. Nobody will be monitoring your actions or falsely calling you a thief.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, most software that you buy has terms that tell you that you can't modify or re-sell it in any way. Hell, even free software usually says that. And yes, I know that you guys probably have never read one of those. I haven't really read one either, but have skimmed through a few. *They are all the same*

Unless you create your own packet from scratch (Which everyone on this board has admitted to not doing, indirectly though), then it is technically not yours.
Old 07/29/2007, 05:45   #9

I miss the whole MM thing ,since queen evil mention about his observation,wouldnt it be possilbe to try out on other things such as using vps and keep collecting mets for free?

too bad i dun have the proxy program to try it out.
Old 07/29/2007, 06:11   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by KatsuAkimoto+Jul 28 2007, 23:43--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KatsuAkimoto @ Jul 28 2007, 23:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by -bone-you@Jul 28 2007, 18:32
Thats not true.
If you "own" the electricity that is powering you machine thus everything that it powers is yours, that would mean that if it is my water company that is allowing an entire neighborhood (or more) to water their lawn, then those lawns/flower etc. are now mine.
What? You don't think that my analogy is similar? Of course it is. Yours is basically "Without the power that I pay for, none of the things on my computer could exist", right? Now, that electricity actually comes from another company i assume so it isn't made by you, you just pay for the service. My example is "Without my water that i supply, your grass/flowers would not be able to exist". Same idea, right? [/b]

Not the same idea. The water company owns the water within the pipes up until it passes through your meter into your pipes within your house that you own. The water company does not own your pipes (circuits in a comp) and you've now paid for the water (electricity) (or are in debt to pay for it).

The electricity in my house is mine and no one can take it back. If I store it within a capacitor no one can take it from me legally and I can use it as I see fit. When a packet is sent to me I could lay it down, molest it, then proceed to rape it and TQ can't object to anything I do to that packet because it is no longer in their system and is no longer their property. You cannot technically "own" packets because they are simply pieces of data. You can own what they make up if it is a copyrighted work (like software being downloaded. The creator of the software does not own the packets but does own the software they combine to be).

Put it in another form, you visit another country and someone commits a crime against you. The trial and such will be held in that country, not yours. A packet on your computer that came from a server is no longer under their jurisdiction. You can log it, duplicate it, spoof it, do whatever the hell you want to it legally. You are the government over your computer country and the packets are little people. You control your own stuff.

Either way, they can't sue you for packet manipulation because you never signed a contract or anything saying you wouldn't. They can ban you because it's against their TOS (and because they can ban anyone for any reason) but that is the extent of what they can do. Cheating on a game is not an illegal act even if it is in TQs case of duping DBs or gaining free DBs through mass levelling of new characters and such.

If someone builds a prison with a weak wall (push on it and it falls over) and its discovered by prisoners.. who will be at fault? All of the prisoners who escaped or the person who failed to fix the wall when it was brought to their attention? The prisoners may be reprimanded (banned in this case) but that is pretty much the extent while the person responsible takes all the heat. TQ may not punish their own programmers for making that mistake but they can't do much more than ban people who abused/exploited it.

<hr>Append on Jul 29 2007, 06:11<hr><!--QuoteBegin--orochris
@Jul 28 2007, 23:45
I miss the whole MM thing ,since queen evil mention about his observation,wouldnt it be possilbe to try out on other things such as using vps and keep collecting mets for free?

too bad i dun have the proxy program to try it out.
[/quote]
rofl. So trying that.
Old 07/29/2007, 06:27   #11

so about that all my 130s are banned none of my other accs are the gonna ban my other accs too?
Old 07/29/2007, 06:40   #12

They may. It's TQ. Don't underestimate their banhammer.
Old 07/29/2007, 06:54   #13

hmmm... what program/hack allows you to lvl up how much u want using only 1 dragonball????
Old 07/29/2007, 07:38   #14

Quote:
Either way, they can't sue you for packet manipulation because you never signed a contract or anything saying you wouldn't. They can ban you because it's against their TOS (and because they can ban anyone for any reason) but that is the extent of what they can do. Cheating on a game is not an illegal act even if it is in TQs case of duping DBs or gaining free DBs through mass levelling of new characters and such.
I agreed you can't get sued.
You still do not own the packet.
And, you don't own most of the things on your computer.

When I say own I mean legally. Not just the fact it is there.
When I say on your computer, I mean virtually, not the hardware which is more literally "on your computer".

This is just a fact...'nuff said.

Oh wait, I will change my side.

You have partial ownership.

The part you changed.
And, if you changed the whole thing, yes it is yours.
If you changed one piece, you can only claim that one piece.

My water may run through your pipes, but you wouldnt have those pipes had it not been for my water.
Lol.
Old 07/29/2007, 07:41   #15

Quote:
Originally posted by KatsuAkimoto@Jul 29 2007, 01:38
My water may run through your pipes, but you wouldnt have those pipes had it not been for my water.
Lol.
Maybe not, but it doesn't make it your water once it passes onto my premises.

Point being you cannot be in legal trouble if you edit a packet.
Closed Thread

« Pk tao bot | [REQ} »