Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 10:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

one GM violating terms of agreement

Discussion on one GM violating terms of agreement within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
ok this thing has been running around faith server because of this a gm is real life friends with people. These friend that she has bot all the **** time but the GM does not do ne thing about it. heres is what they are doing if her friends hate some person they will say something wacky on your character which the GM uses proxy into your computer and if they find a bot you'll get sent to bot jail but here where people get angry that they want to quit when you get sent to bot jail all your equipment is gone. One GM is violating terms of agreement because this checking computer for personal information is not on the terms of agreement which means you only agree to what the terms of agreement tells you.This GM is doing something that is not on the terms of service which i recall this person can get fired from TQ because she is violating TQ terms of service if i am wrong about they can breach into your computer for information please tell me which page or what it is under.I'll also want some comments about it.Or if there is a fact that you can anti proxy it. i'll be happy to listen to your comments.
Old 06/27/2007, 09:50   #2

unfortunately tq wont listen because your playing a free game. but if the gm is stealing your equipment and your a db buyer you may have a pretty good case, if your not a db buyer then you get shoved aside

*edit
also keep in mind tq may and will support the people who work for them before supporting you (db buyer or not), you choose to play the game, therefore you choose to quit or continue.*
Old 06/27/2007, 10:22   #3

Practicallly, Intruding into someone personal computer without the owner permission is violating the law. You can sue TQ for violating the civil law (it is a common sense that by intruding into someone privacy without the owner permission is wrong).

For example, Police need a warrant letter to check into your house or belonging.

What if you are working with a company and hold an important position. All ur secret file is inside your pc. The GM can take all the secret file without your knowledge. Then suddenly all the information in the internet, who will get the blamed?
Old 06/27/2007, 12:27   #4

GMs have often abused their powers those rare occastions were you see ppl one day have notheing the next have super +7 2 soc on all gears and -1 dmg on it all ICLUDING those gourds (tailismans) it's no surprize those it happens everyday i less you get screwed over then theres no need to worry, its hard to find specific proof its happening but in some cases you really do no but you need solid eveidence to even take it further cuz liek someone said you'd jsut get brushed aside
Old 06/27/2007, 12:31   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by sebseb@Jun 27 2007, 12:27
GMs have often abused their powers those rare occastions were you see ppl one day have notheing the next have super +7 2 soc on all gears and -1 dmg on it all ICLUDING those gourds (tailismans) it's no surprize those it happens everyday i less you get screwed over then theres no need to worry, its hard to find specific proof its happening but in some cases you really do no but you need solid eveidence to even take it further cuz liek someone said you'd jsut get brushed aside
Lol if u think -1 on the gourds is gm related which it isnt, its simple learn how to do it Loller
Old 06/27/2007, 13:13   #6

if you have enough proof of them breaching into someones computer sue them for their money they earned in dbs
Old 06/27/2007, 13:16   #7

find him in rl and punch him in da face and steal his cookie!
Old 06/27/2007, 13:47   #8

the gm of the server is Chenyu right?

its possible if i confront the gm they will deny it and brush me off with a banning off the server, considering my lvl 1 is already banned off it. and as someone said earlier they do abuse their power, the only good and decent gm is actually Carol, which i also killed on dragon server and got my accounts banned. lol
Old 06/27/2007, 14:40   #9

I doubt he is actually knowing what he is talking about.

He can't even spell a single word right, checking data on your computer ?

New to me Conquer has any modules inside that allow a GM to access a client's hardware.
Old 06/27/2007, 17:07   #10

if you never botted in about months they'll still check you and if you have a bot on your computer they can send you to bot jail. some people people told me it was proxy that they are using if your online they can use proxy to go to your computer from a third party server which is conquer.I've read the terms of agreement there is no wats so ever that they can go on your computer and check for infromation or for bots i know that they are violating civil act but this is true alot of people are leaving faith server for this ****. the gm use real life friends account to search for active botters. i'm gonna contact TQ and i'm gonna tell them that they are violating terms of agreement because what they are doing is bullcrap. the most ****** about it if you get sent to bot jail the frist time it still happens the taking of all your armor and weapons and garmet. alot of people want to leave faith server but db transfer is not up yet i'm waiting for that chance then i'm going to another server. yea i didn't get sent to bot jail but many people are getting it. if i get bot jailed i'll tell the gm send me proof that i bot-_- this main Gm name is Evelyin she controls dreams and some other servers and she is friends with other people that if they don't like them they'll check them or if they are a competition.
Old 06/27/2007, 17:21   #11

o.O riiiiiiight.... And your proof of this is where? Your firewall log shows what? Your packet sniffer log shows what? The Conquer client has NO VNC or other virtual networking properties to it at all.... Unless you're stupid enough to download additional 'modules' from people saying 'omg check out this amazing new CO client addon' it's physically impossible for them to access YOUR machine.

However.

What the GM is probably doing (if your not just a stupid liar) is getting you in-game name, server, and then pulling up your login details from the TQ database. This is NOT against the law as the electronic data stored is LEGALLY theirs. They make no declaration of what they will use your character info for, and therefore you can't moan. :-)

I agreee it is unfair, but EVERY GM can access EVERY DETAIL of EVERY CHARACTER. They're all stored in a database which can be accessed eaily (how do you think you can retrieve your lost password or set a new one? hmmmmm?

Anyway.. rant over... Your ARE the weakestlink, goodbye!

Vertigo~
Old 06/28/2007, 07:44   #12

unless the people who are online are rl best friends with the gm and the other people hacks into your computer and checks for bots if they find them they'll report to the gm which the GM will have a right to send you to bot jail and the first time they wouldn't care they'll takes your stuff by TQ the third offence is your armor and weapons away-_- if you haven't read the terms of agreement TQ is not allowed to search into your computer for bots. all they can do is technical support supporting of the client and debuging the program that all they can do but one of the GM's is violating CO terms of agreement which is not agreed apon by TQ to add a thing about it this is called fracture agreement which is otherwise illegal which it doesn't cover the terms of your own agreement which i can sue TQ over the process that the statement on the TQ terms of service is not authorized. Because no one can stand up against a big company they are smoking cigars on us. I do have wittnesses and i do have proof that they do this ****. i come i see i conquer TQ
Old 06/28/2007, 07:57   #13

Sorry man, but vertigo is right. There is no way they can network into your comp like that with the files installed. Ur botting, you get jailed, and we ALL know TQ is corrupt.
if u wanna play, play
if not, dont and just stop complaining. >_<
Old 06/28/2007, 08:14   #14

yah vertigo explained everything to us
Old 06/28/2007, 08:36   #15

Received Thanks: 2,411
GM's can do anything they want to any character, you don't own your character, TQ does, that goes with any DBs you purchase, TQ has the right to revoke what they own from any player:

(d)Account. By agreeing to the User Agreement you agree that you do not own the Account you use to access the Service, the characters The Company stores on The Company servers, the game items in the Account, or any other data which the servers and accounts are comprised of. The Account, characters, game items, and any other data which the servers and accounts are comprised of, are properties of The Company.

(a) Purchase of Game Items. The Company may offer to sell to you on the Web Site, from time to time, virtual items that can be used in Conquer (The "Game Item"). If you select to purchase a Game Item, you agree that you have understood how the Game Item is used in the Game and are fully responsible for all the consequences related to the use or transfer of such Game Item. You agree that any out-of-game transfer of Game Item is not permitted. THE GAME ITEM YOU HAVE PURCHASED IS NOT REFUNDABLE. You also agree that the Game Items you have purchased are properties of The Company, and what you obtained through the purchase is merely the right to use such Game Items in the Game. The Company also reserves the right to not sell Game Items to certain players.

Anyway TQ is a business, they have every right to let there players that bulk use hacks there just pleasing the people that make TQ money which any successful business would do:

(e) Cheating Programs. To ensure fair play, The Company does not allow the use of any cheating programs such as macros, bots, or mouse emulators etc., to play Conquer. If you use these cheating programs, you may suffer severe consequences including, but not limited, to the followings: (i) The Company may suspend your Account for a indefinite period time; (ii) The Company may terminate your Account; and (iii) The Company reserves the right to seek further legal remedies against you.