Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Graphics In New Patch

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Ok i have heard a ton of people complaining that the new patch lag's or freezes them if they open more than one..

I had this problem also.. but after examining what TQ did with this patch i realized it was also a graphic update.. Go get the newest drivers for your graphics card. I got them and now i can run 6 conquers on my laptop... i was only able to run 4 before * (5 with lag)

Just a word of advice.. Hope it helps

Btw everyone needs to chill... % mins after a patch there are a ton of noobs on the board screaming "OMG TQ PWND US" "NOTHING WORKS"
CHILL THE F**K Out!

Give us a little time we will get everything working again..

Old   #2

i have the latest nvidia drivers and i freeze with one client open when someone/me uses cyclone so thare is something really wrong with this patch if i cant use cyclone :cry:

Old   #3

well...seems im the only one ..everything runs smooth except for about 20 seconds after entering a new area all i see is hair, shadows and some weapons..no ppl or npc's ..... chop chop tq
:?
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by Lunatic_Calm@Apr 29 2007, 08:52
well...seems im the only one ..everything runs smooth except for about 20 seconds after entering a new area all i see is hair, shadows and some weapons..no ppl or npc's ..... chop chop tq
i get that too.. this new patch is just a bunch of bugs conceiled as a patch

Old   #5

Conquer works just fine on my laptop. and graphic update lol? I didnt see much more 3D than what it had before. if some 2D graphics got updated and it dont work on ur crappy coms just buy new ones by selling urs in the local museum

Anyways didnt mean to flame, but every friend I showed conquer. 1st comment was something like "*** the graphics in that game are ****".

Waiting for co to turn full 3D 1 day xD
Old   #6

i got latest ati drivers also and i do lag
Old   #7

conquer is always laggy lol, thats all there is to it xD
Old   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by rhuzyo@Apr 29 2007, 03:43
i have the latest nvidia drivers and i freeze with one client open when someone/me uses cyclone so thare is something really wrong with this patch if i cant use cyclone :cry:
i get the same thing and its hella annoying, do you have vista?
Old   #9

gfx did change a lil, check out the mil.gisengs and stuff they are different. Um one thing i notice, is that when i scroll to a town or something, i see the names first with shadows then i see people after a second or so. Otherwise fps is pretty steady with 2 co clients. I kinda took apart my pc and cleaned it.. WOW the amount of dust in the fan it was like a wall.. no wonder it was so loud ~_~. All good stuff now, improve pc performance i think.. or just less noisy :P
Old   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by Lunatic_Calm@Apr 29 2007, 08:52
same lol. also sometimes i see the hair or head-gear of characters on the ground of their coords, wait 1 second before those head-top graphics raise to their proper heights lol.
Old   #11

on friday i was running 100 !!! Clinets ( 25 warriors a Archer 4 water taos and 70 miners )
a tiny bit of lag but i still managed to farm taos and all on follow mode at Hawks

Today i cant even run 1 Clinet with out lag ... i run 2 and my comp crash'z

AnyIdearz on that one ? XD
Old   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by Devans@Apr 29 2007, 22:47
on friday i was running 100 !!! Clinets ( 25 warriors a Archer 4 water taos and 70 miners )
a tiny bit of lag but i still managed to farm taos and all on follow mode at Hawks

Today i cant even run 1 Clinet with out lag ... i run 2 and my comp crash'z

AnyIdearz on that one ? XD
Lmao so you're a second form of bulker or what? LOL (I think they also did this to passively prevent multi-client, with raised FPS for single clients opened, but really laggy for more than that)
Old   #13

i have the issue where there's weapons /shadows/ and such then it all comes in but it still doesnt lag all that bad..unless in a BIG pk area and having everyone chasing YOU lol
Old   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by blinko@Apr 29 2007, 18:05
i have the issue where there's weapons /shadows/ and such then it all comes in but it still doesnt lag all that bad..unless in a BIG pk area and having everyone chasing YOU lol
the new patch installed a new video driver on the co servers

names and shadows load faster than bodies
Old   #15

Quote:
Originally posted by rhuzyo@Apr 29 2007, 03:43
Same problem here. Anyone know if I could delete the cyclone effect or something? Cause hitting Ctrl Alt Del every time it freezes is really annoying.

(Yes, I have Vista)