Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Leechers

Discussion on Leechers within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 03/22/2007, 21:24   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally posted by qaz1234567890@Mar 22 2007, 20:54
O.o here i post one lol. well i join this site a long time ago just never ever posted once because i only come here for programs to use myself but i dont leaech

and whoever say the dude posting 1 to 4 is a leecher is wrong i never leach and i dont like noobs myself and i dont talk much in forums.
1 month ago is not a long time

(btw, the above post is made by a leecher... of course I'm just stating the obvious)
Old 03/23/2007, 00:35   #17

Quote:
Originally posted by site@Mar 22 2007, 01:45
DM

I reckon, that you make it so there's a new type of karma

instead called, contribution points

Only mods and members with 20 karma or higher can give you contribution points

The other 3 forums will be unavaliable to members without at least 5 contribution points, lmao
Hi,

I guess it would not solve the problem too.
Member could give each other karma so as the contribution points.
It is just matter of time and effort. (^^)

DM
Old 03/23/2007, 07:31   #18

Quote:
Originally posted by knitz@Mar 21 2007, 04:31
I had a great idea which was used on some other boards, a credit system(this is how it will work)

To download a file on this forum you will need say...5 or 10 credits. You can get these credits via posting, creating a new topic, reporting posts.... sure, it will bring in a little bit more spamming, but it would also discourage leechers, and encourage more useful members that are actually willing to give something back, and if they spam, they get banned... and it will also be esayer to catch them because more ppl will be reporting spammer's posts...

I really like this idea, I can even probably find the plugin for the IPB so Epvp can use it
then u get spam... sigh i dont think u can get rid of leechers...

i derno if i am leecher.. ive dled one program from here... but im addicted to the RPG in forums
Old 03/23/2007, 07:57   #19

This topic is very hard to distinguish, I once being a GM of Ragnarok understand this concept very well, though in different settings. I like the idea of "contribution points", but at the same time, not all people with lower posts and no thread releases can be considered leechers. I do feel that I would like to contribute, but most of the time, someone else answers others question's before I get the chance to. As for programming or any of the sort, I lack in that expertise. Guides? Well, I would like to say that I hate the "this thread has already been posted, go search it noob" responses by the higher ups. It pretty much sucks, so just because my post count is low and karma none, does not mean I am a leecher and not willing to contribute.
Old 03/23/2007, 12:27   #20

elite*gold: 319
no it shouldn't be taken actioned because we can't confirm if a leecher is a leecher and if we take action on the wrong person then it'll get chaotic
Old 03/23/2007, 13:47   #21

Ok, (ty@site) this my idea(s):

1: We have where you need a certain amount of karma to view the other boards, and you must have atleast 50-100 posts to give karma, and also you may only give karma once an hour, and only give karma to the same person once a day

2: Instead of needing karma to view the other boards, you will need to spend your karma to download certain files(not all files) and once again, you need atleast 100ish posts to give karma, and you may only give karma once an hour, and only give karma to the same person once a day
<hr>
So, what do ya all think??
Old 03/24/2007, 18:17   #22

Just amending something real quick.... I thought of another rule

a: 1 warning for posting off topic in a thread!!!!

b: Permission to flame leechers!!!!! I'D LOVE A RULE LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!

<hr>Append on Mar 24 2007, 18:18<hr> what the heak? It didn't amend the post, it make a new one???!!
Old 03/24/2007, 20:55   #23

Quote:
Originally posted by knitz@Mar 23 2007, 13:47

1: We have where you need a certain amount of karma to view the other boards, and you must have atleast 50-100 posts to give karma, and also you may only give karma once an hour, and only give karma to the same person once a day

2: Instead of needing karma to view the other boards, you will need to spend your karma to download certain files(not all files) and once again, you need atleast 100ish posts to give karma, and you may only give karma once an hour, and only give karma to the same person once a day
<hr>
how about karma from each person is counted once and for the karma to count, the member who gave it must have been active on these boards for at least half a year and haave atleast 5 karma
Old 03/24/2007, 22:23   #24

that's a good idea! It would solve the problem DM was saying about leechers giving themselves karma!

Keep ideas coming, I'm typing up a small solutions paper for how to stop leechers, maybe epvp can use it!
Old 03/25/2007, 06:20   #25

**** ehy not just make this entire site private? that would solve all that.. cuz if they made the site so ppl could get hacks, bot etc... SO why did someone make this site? If u are concerned about it, why not make a private forums on invision or something? Do ya see my point.. there will ALWAYS BE LEECHERS, u sohuld prolly either stop posting ur stuff on a public site.. or deal with it..

im prolly banned now
Old 03/25/2007, 07:38   #26

Quote:
Originally posted by ftrain@Mar 25 2007, 05:20
**** ehy not just make this entire site private? that would solve all that.. cuz if they made the site so ppl could get hacks, bot etc... SO why did someone make this site? If u are concerned about it, why not make a private forums on invision or something? Do ya see my point.. there will ALWAYS BE LEECHERS, u sohuld prolly either stop posting ur stuff on a public site.. or deal with it..

im prolly banned now
lol u wont get banned.. but u shld watch ur language.. and the scary thing is, ur right, there will always be leechers, and its almost impossible to stop them, leechers will go to great lengths to gain access, about the only way i can think of is Mod-Approval to view the pages with dls on them, atleast that way, only the mods can say who can access files.
Old 03/25/2007, 08:12   #27

Or the type of registration they should need different emails, if they work that hard to leech and make new emails then i dunno lol
Old 03/26/2007, 11:28   #28

i tihnk most ppl would post if they could contribute.. but not many ppl can actually make bots other an a auto clicker
Old 03/26/2007, 18:20   #29

Quote:
Originally posted by ftrain@Mar 26 2007, 11:28
i tihnk most ppl would post if they could contribute.. but not many ppl can actually make bots other an a auto clicker
View the topics I made, I only made one bot, it was more of a marco, and it was made to get leechers banned from CO(it worked lol)

Everything else I contributed were guides/tips and I help ppl on the forums
Old 03/26/2007, 18:37   #30

Quote:
Originally posted by knitz@Mar 23 2007, 14:47

<hr>
I like ur idea but instead of needing karmas to view other board u need at atleast 20 posts to see guide board, 75 to see hack board and 100 to view bot board.
I also like yayonline idea about email.