Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

I need help badly

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hi there ..

Today, I just got rly ripped off. scammed for Super 2 sock tro arm, ELi 1 sock necky, super +2 -5 ring ..

it started with a old friend who stopped once, and would start play at my server again. he would create a new guild, but he would need help in gw. he had an old trojan, rb high lvl trojan, that I could help him with. He would give me that char. He gave me info and stuff, I went page and modified data and changed pw.

Then I logged on it. true, I was on that char. He gave me clubs, and I had rest.. I traded Elite 1 sock rdg necky, Super +2 -5 ring, and Super 2 SOCKET trojan armor sdg/nrg (was gonna be sdg tonight too) +4..

I told him max attack, 14k and BAAMM - I DCED !! I couldnt log back in ..

Now I'm wondering how the hell that could happen ? x_+

Old 02/19/2007, 23:23   #2

He tried to login as that account.

Old 02/19/2007, 23:28   #3

same happend to me, a bug on the website allows you to im affraid
Old 02/19/2007, 23:32   #4

I know what exactly what kind of bug/scam that are!

I scammed one once with that kind . Like tomz said, its a but in the website.

Old 02/20/2007, 01:57   #5

omfg .. that sucks .. that means this is TQ's fault ?

<hr>Append on Feb 20 2007, 02:17<hr> btw, tons of ppl at my server says that he knows the GM .. maybe that could have a little influence
Old 02/20/2007, 02:50   #6

You need the password to change it, which you did. And, you need the (new) password, ID number, and answer to security question to change the email, which you said that you did. He logged in and made you d/c, which means one of these things happened:

1. After you changed the password, he had it sent to his email before you could modify the email registered to the account. Then he had the new password, and could change the email back to his own and then change the password again while you were trading gear.

2. You changed the email first, and he changed it back with the password and security info. Then after you changed the password, he had it sent to his email and did the same thing as in #1.

I&#39;ve never traded accounts before, but from looking at the forms on the website this is all I can think of. He probably had the windows up and fields filled in, just waiting for the right moment. After he got the account info part done, all that was needed was to wait until you traded the gear to his account.

Again I&#39;m not exactly sure how to go about it, as I don&#39;t trade accounts. If I did, I think I would double-check it first by having my password sent to my email. If that fails, the email was changed. If successful, change password again and have the new one sent to my email just to be safe. Only then would I trade the gear.

If anyone else has experience in safely trading accounts, I would like to know your tips/techniques, especially if I&#39;m missing something.
Old 02/20/2007, 03:00   #7

I never have and never will trade accounts. It only brings problems. And its not worth it.

« COpartner | scriptvessel »