Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 22:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Tired of Autopatch?

Discussion on Tired of Autopatch? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Yes i searched, the exact string i searched for was "Version Change".
Ok, recently I helped someone out with an autopatch problem.
To make CO think that you have the most recent version of CO, make your version 9999!
The way that CO determines if you need to update is much simpler than I had expected, "if (currentversion<serverversion)" is the basic concept.
What you do:
1.)Go to your CO folder
2.)Scroll down to the file that says "version.dat"
3.)Open it in notpad, and make the 4 digits "9999"
4.)Save it and close it.
5.)Be happy.

You will only have to do this once, since it will believe that it is up to date, not actually checking wat is inside, but just to see if it is smaller than what the server version is.

If you think that this was simple, or easy, then ur right; it is. Have a better way? Use yours instead.
Old 01/29/2007, 07:18   #2

lol nice...but can u explain wat this will do for me? cos if u dont have the latest patch u get errors wen u come across new items or w/e
Old 01/29/2007, 07:21   #3

Many people like to edit files, and when the CO updates there edited files are replaced. So, people try to avoid the autopatch for this reason. Also, some people like to use older versions since they can have more client sided flaws that they exploit.
Old 01/29/2007, 07:37   #4

oh ok...i just replace my changes...cos by the time they release a new patch there is usually a new version out...or 2 or 3 or 4...