Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

taxing MMORPG's

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
an this toatlly f********************ing sux i read in my local paper that the governent are planning to tax MMORPG&#39;S because of the fact ppl can live off playing them >.< so unfair so ridiculus and an im peed off tax&#33;&#33; gahh anymeans for them to get freaking richer.
i do hope that companies will put up a fight against it (i know i will ) its, stupid monkey F****d up gaytarded and grrr sorry i need to blow steam i know pla co ...yeah if anyone feel free to commentdo so and if anyone gets any more info on it too

Old   #2

Erm, tax MMORPGs as in..?

You mean for those people who will spend all their time playing a game then selling ingame items for real money?

If thats the case then they cant really do ****, its up to those people who make money from it to declare their earnings.

The government wont actually be able to tax MMORPGs in any way, atleast not without being completely morally fuxxed.

Old   #3

May I ask what paper was this? Or at least an online version of this article, it interests me as to how they could do this, or to whom.
Old   #4

Lol thats funny they could never do it how could they prove you ware making money all you have to ay is you play for fun notthing else

Old   #5

r u talking about the ppl who play the games or the game owners? cas i hope they tax the **** OUT OF TQ PROFITS
Old   #6

glover69: they plan on taxing anyone who plays a game like a fixed amount every month or soo (eg.. non db buyers £/&#036; etc, db buyers £/&#036; etc and ppl who play games for a living and get paid like &#036;500 a day for playign for an hour.

tetnes: ah yeah people know what pppl do for a living so like if ppl suddenly get money in their bank for no reason and are unemployed sounds a bit dodgy i mean come on you cant say its your b day money every day can you lol.

KatsuAkimoto: im yet to find any online stuff about it and the paper was the echo (its a uk paper so i dunno if you can get a hold of it).

fullmetalferret: lol no its liek for ppl over the age of 16 with a job of any kind its like makers of games get taxed for realising making etc games and the players are gunna be taxed for playing them it sux.. and yeah the government are dam greedy so i expect the will try it.

basically anywhere where money is involved the government will tax it they are gay like that they do it with everything. cuz like ppl who play games and get paid loads for it are getting tax free money thats why its cropped up but yeah if anyone hears anythign more or wants more answers just ask i mean i dont know alot in such early stages but im sure something will come up.
Old   #7

Well, they legally cant do jack-**** to justify any of it if its just a tax for playing the games.
Old   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by fullmetalferret@Jan 24 2007, 11:29
Well, they legally cant do jack-**** to justify any of it if its just a tax for playing the games.
The government can always find a way to justify something. Most times, just being the government is the justification. Do I agree with this?

Think I&#39;ll keep that comment to mehself neh?
Old   #9

thats stupid they can not add a tax to online games. now they can raise taxes on ur internet connection but as far as online if they raise taxes on games. they have to raise it on everything not just 1 thing plus to many ppl will trick there way out of it. because these games make a lot of money off of all of u kids playin them. each game on the net has a sponser that pays them for u just going to there web page. hint the pop ups and spy ware. anyways i wouldn&#39;t beleave this at all. cuz i have not heard anything about this on net or off of net.
Old   #10

yaya i found a link gah anoying
basically states that the ppl are thinking the irs are gunna start taxing and some ppl wanna prevent it lah im keeping my eyes on the look out

<hr>Append on Jan 28 2007, 15:53<hr> heres another statement
Old   #11

I doubt that they will check and tax how much gold you get for hunting in CO. However, I do think that they will tax you when you sell the game gold for cash irl.

Lets say people are selling 1 million for &#036;1. You can make all the millions you want, but once you sell it for real money you have to pay taxes for the income you made.
Old   #12

ROFLMFAO

CO should be free , eaven if we sell our things for real cash