Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 07:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

get rid off the leechers? :D

Discussion on get rid off the leechers? :D within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 01/01/2007, 20:45   #16

elite*gold: 0
lol
Old 01/01/2007, 21:45   #17

I concur, rattlz has done a superb job on restricting use of SV...I only hope I manag to get it
Old 01/01/2007, 22:37   #18

I contribute X)
Old 01/01/2007, 22:41   #19

Quote:
Originally posted by TT_TT@Jan 1 2007, 22:37
I spam X)
Fixed
Old 01/02/2007, 06:06   #20

lol!
Old 01/02/2007, 07:18   #21

This intrigues me. IP ban all accounts with 1 post.
Oh yea, I remember now why that is the most incredibly outrageous idea I have ever heard:
Everyone starts out with one (1) post. You had one post at one time. I did. All the mods, the admin, hell, any user did. Banning people with one (1) post would not allow anybody else to this site, which it absurd. There are people with way over one (1) post that still will download, and not say "Thanks" or "I'm really glad you cracked/made this for the community!". Instead, they assume that since they have posted a few times they can just take what they want.
Essentially: Horrible idea.
Here is a better idea. But you will have to find out what this code says.Do that and you will gain my respect[lol]:
Code:
R hzb yzm zoo gsv kvlkov dsl klhg gsivzwh orpv gsrh, lu ml rnkligzmxv, zmw ziv qfhg gsviv gl nzpv gsvnhvoevh ollp tllw.
Old 01/02/2007, 07:37   #22

im guessing they will get autopruned after x amount of days if not posted x amount of posts.... ^^ just a hypothetical guess
Old 01/02/2007, 07:53   #23

I didn't read what Tw34k wrote, cuz it was too long.. but i agree with him anyway
Old 01/02/2007, 10:14   #24

I agree, 100% with katsu. I just recently registered to be a member here and i have been reading pages and pages of mostly learning material but meh too Anyways the point i am trying to make, how can you really decide if someone is here to leech or to contribute if not by what they post. So wouldnt one need to post before being criticized by the community? I vote nay to the IP Banning of users with 1 post, However i am against the shannagins of begging (we should refer to them as SOBS [ha catchy, ill be here fora while ;p] from now on) and do believe proper action should be taken against those sobs.
Old 01/02/2007, 10:29   #25

If you base it on karma thats not a sure fire way either. I have posted 2 things (a tip and a macro). while neither where nearly as good as cotobo or anything like that, I contributed in the way I can. I dont want to be a leech, but it seems my skills are a little lacking to make a great tool or hack.

So do people like me get the boot? I dont have any karma and low post count.
Old 01/02/2007, 11:40   #26

um..we all start off as nubs. I dont see why the "pros" cant help the nubs...instead of just shutting them off.
Old 01/02/2007, 13:03   #27

Anyway i think the leechers should be caught and not the noobs banned.
There might be some pple who are old on this forum and could enter a noob and post that here are the bots & others.Not only noobs.
Anyway finding those should be the first thing(although i have no idea how to do that),not banning everyone.I think giving everyone a chance to say something on this forum is important. If u ban most accounts then u just close the doors to newbies(not necessarily noobs in hacking or just pple who have new ideas)
Leachers are the enemies not noobs.
Old 01/02/2007, 13:11   #28

there is a fine line between leecher, and ungratefull leecher..... Leecher is one that takes and says ty or **** but doesn't contribute beyond that point. Ungratefull leecher is one that takes and leaves...and this is what they are trying to get rid of (ungratefull)