Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Main - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 23:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Could TQ be using anti hooking and memory scanning

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
I scan my comp for viruses like once a year,and even then I have a ****** scanner. ps:

Old   #17

Quote:
Originally posted by unknownone@Dec 22 2006, 14:45
We hold clientless connections that don't get botjailed. I think that is enough evidence to disprove your theory. A well managed firewall would also identify any tricks TQ try and pull, so far none.

The HTTP connection you appear to have seen is for the advertisements on the login screen. Nothing more.
thats odd.
considering when i tried that ip address i couldn't get on cause it was a server ip address
and also the packet delivery wasn't at start up. it was after i had been logged in and playing. and also your theory doesn't explain why my client was issuing a memory report to the server. when i tried to disallow conquer to not have the memory report during play i was dced. now this has only happened since the last batch of patches not before. the conquer client is behaving a little like a root kit. but dont take my word for it. check memory address changes and also monitor game behavior have you not noticed the extreme lag. also another point of interest is that the client is sending out a memory report. i didnt know this till i contacted the maker of my firewall. conquer has never done that before why the hell is it now is my question.

Old   #18

Quote:
Originally posted by ramius_michael@Dec 22 2006, 16:03
If this is so that might explain why some of the more popular cheats where disabled. I do believe that the anti hooking was used to disable cotobo. As i recall 4312 though cotobo ore dropper was disabled but cotobo could still be iniatilized with the conquer window. This patch though I noticed that cotobo itself failed to hook into conquer.
then explain why copartner still works ? it is because of the change of client exe bird. it doesnt match the one in cotobo!!! with some fixes it will work! that is with the source u bird head
Old   #19

Quote:
Originally posted by Peach+Dec 23 2006, 04:14--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peach @ Dec 23 2006, 04:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ramius_michael@Dec 22 2006, 16:03
If this is so that might explain why some of the more popular cheats where disabled. I do believe that the anti hooking was used to disable cotobo. As i recall 4312 though cotobo ore dropper was disabled but cotobo could still be iniatilized with the conquer window. This patch though I noticed that cotobo itself failed to hook into conquer.
then explain why copartner still works ? it is because of the change of client exe bird. it doesnt match the one in cotobo&#33;&#33;&#33; with some fixes it will work&#33; that is with the source u bird head [/b][/quote]
explain why conquer is issuing memory scan reports. to my knowledge of playing conquer for 4 years i have never had that happen before till the latest patch. someone tell me that and i&#39;ll shut up. cause lets face it something in that client is scanning the memory. i want to know whats scanning the memory while i play and for what possible reason.