Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 14:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Cotobo dead after december 11?

Discussion on Cotobo dead after december 11? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
From what I have seen around the forum, it seems that Cotobo will not be working after patch 4331. I also found on the Cotobo forum that Chocoman will neither be upgrading Cotobo anymore nor releasing its source code. I can only guess that either someone will come up with another program that can come close to Cotobo or somehow, through some super miracle, that Chocoman comes back to epvpers and help everyone including myself to continue to use Cotobo. I am sure that I am one of the "leechers" on this forum that might have been the cause for Chocoman to leave, but it is only natural for someone like me who only played conquer for about 6 months to leech because being so new to the game. I'm sure that if I continue to play conquer then I would be able to find useful things in the game which I could contribute to this forum. However, for the past three months or so I been going to school and barely played conquer at all, but I was still able to make money thanks to Cotobo. So I'm really hoping that Cotobo will be fix or another program similar in nature will be created. Lol thanks for taking time to read this and thank you even more if you took time to help out beginners like me. Happy Early Holidays everyone
Old 12/08/2006, 03:01   #2

nope, no fixes anymore schoolboy
Old 12/08/2006, 03:04   #3

touching story but it aint gonna happend :/
Old 12/08/2006, 03:48   #4

"sigh" at least I made some money before the patch lol
Old 12/08/2006, 04:00   #5

Yeah, just tried COTobo, and no luck, I'm trying to work on a new multiclient now, cause they fixed both the conquer.exe "english" and the GameData.dll "english" hack.

-_-
Old 12/08/2006, 04:24   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by sneta@Dec 8 2006, 04:00
Yeah, just tried COTobo, and no luck, I'm trying to work on a new multiclient now, cause they fixed both the conquer.exe "english" and the GameData.dll "english" hack.

-_-
Yay atleast something is getting repaired lol, now only there is someone brave enough to tackle the Cotobo challenge
Old 12/08/2006, 04:31   #7

Maybe you should try contributing to the forum before u try and get people to make progs for you =\ IMO all progs should be private untill people get a certain amount of posts/karma/time signed up.
Old 12/08/2006, 04:40   #8

I have installed the Dec 11 patch and changed the files to make it run alltho it looks like there going to crash the conquer economy because the new patch changes the game to be more like Eudemons with points like eudemon points coins may become a distant form of payment.. i have noticed tho that i can still use COtobo i had a problem with one computer running it... if you have problems with COtobo with the new patch reinstall Conquer and try again worked for me....[img]text2schild.php?smilienummer=1&text=What Are they doing to Conquer????' border='0' alt='What Are they doing to Conquer????' />
Old 12/08/2006, 04:49   #9

well every thing about this patch seems rather stupid to me.not only are they going to wipe out all teh bots they are going to make peopel loose game time by hacking the game once again.hacks will never stop and tq ideas will keep coming.i give it one month maybe two and all hacks will be up and running again.my one problim is i am about to get second rb.i will wait now untill i see what all happens after monday.i would not want to be stuck lvling all teh way back up by hand.
Old 12/08/2006, 05:20   #10

The whole "No PKing Noobs 27 or lower" is the worst part of it IMHO, there goes the non-stop "PLVL ME!!".. -_-

Wonder what they were thinking when they made that, "lets **** off the high levels"?
Old 12/08/2006, 05:24   #11

Lol. Come on people. This is the REAL game here. TQ vs epvp.

They just had their turn, now its ours.
Multiclient should be easy for you to fix. I know some people on here have hacked one out of the new patch already.

I can't do tobo, and i don't know who can, but we've already got a decryption for itemtype.dat, so we'll be able to view Ref/Uni/Eli/Super/Fix/Token on the ground.
I'm halfway done a conversion, but I won't be able to test it until monday.

This situation is where its time for the n00b epvpers to shine, and for the lurkers to come out of the shadows. If you want these hax made, then start figuring out how to make them. Don't just wait for someone else.

Join the real game! Beat the TQ guild.. Epvp guild ftw!
Old 12/08/2006, 07:34   #12

too many leechers here they dont even try to contribute.. no point nothing should be released here
Old 12/08/2006, 11:14   #13

well without source code i dont see anyone releasing a fixed one you can try to rebuild it but that wont work well since most program's for that are ****** so maybe someone will create a new one or maybe you'll just be stuck to the old go mining get owned i know this will bring back the mine pking 100 fold everyone and there grandma is gonna go mine pking
Old 12/08/2006, 12:12   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by Peach@Dec 8 2006, 01:34
too many leechers here they dont even try to contribute.. no point nothing should be released here
i second that
Old 12/08/2006, 12:49   #15

Quote:
Originally posted by Peach@Dec 8 2006, 01:34
Leechers aren't the problem, everybody leeches whatever they can get, that's reality and people know this when they post programs to share with us. If they didn't want us to use the programs they make, they wouldn't post them. And if someone doesn't have the aptitude to create their own worthy programs to share, I don't think Choco or anyone else holds that against them.

I think the real problem is that this forum freely allows any and all dumbass noob kids on the internet to join up, that's the problem. These dipshits respect nothing, appreciate nothing, value nothing... Half the people here don't even understand fully how to play the game of Conquer, they are noobs and yet they're allowed to just waltz in here and have open access to invaluable programs like Cotobo which they can't begin to truly appreciate.

Personally I couldn't program a VCR without having the instruction manual but as noted, I don't think that's the issue at all. Having a forum full of complete idiots is the issue. From what I've seen here, no self-respecting programmer would dare post his hard work here for these ungrateful morons.

Epvpers obviously isn't going to change the way they do things, they will not acknowledge that their open-door policies for letting any and every idiot join here who wants to, has lowered this place to a status that's hardly above the Conquer forums themselves. If anyone has knowledge of a forum of this type that doesn't allow nor tolerate idiots, noobs and stupid kids that discourage all the respectable participants... I'd appreciate a pm about it.
Closed Thread