Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 12:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Help my pc restarting...

Discussion on Help my pc restarting... within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I having a problem but i dont think that is something wrong with my computer becouse some friends of mine having the same problem and i saw a post here with same problem... When I opening more than 1 conquer.exe my pc restarting with no reason... I can play for 10-20min and BOOM! xD My pc restarts... A lots of ppl having that problem and i just whant to ask maybie there is an answer why this is hapening? :?
Old 12/05/2006, 14:47   #2

its your video card, right click on your background and go to properties, then go to settings,then click advanced, then click adapter...this will tell you how many mb you have in video memory. Co requires 16mb i believe but it will go higher depending on where you are in the game..ie tg, tc, and market are higher.
I had this same problem, replaced my video card to a 250mb and can now run 10clients no problem..well hope i helped
Old 12/05/2006, 14:50   #3

My card is 256mb.... GeForce FX 5500 and i think 768 ram i enough...
Old 12/05/2006, 14:54   #4

hmm in that case im not sure. how long ago did u install the geforce?
Old 12/05/2006, 14:56   #5

Im re-installing my win xp about 1 time in 3-4 mouths...
Old 12/05/2006, 14:57   #6

no not win xp...Did u buy the video card and install it yourself or did it come already installed on your comp
Old 12/05/2006, 15:01   #7

It come already installed on my pc.... **** i got internet lag and i pressed submit 3 times sorry for spam
Old 12/05/2006, 15:04   #8

Ok try reinstalling the drivers for your video card,,after you reinstall your drivers for your video card, if your pc still restarts when playing co then its not your video card. Also check your display properties to make sure that your using the GeForce, it is possible that you have the GeForce installed on your pc but your using the video card built into your motherboard.
Old 12/05/2006, 15:14   #9

i have a friend who also has this problem,

this step will take some time, but it makes ur pc faster (it did for me)

NOTE!
only touch chips etc on the edges, and not on the lines on it because that can crate a shortcut screweing your *fill in what thing you touched on the wrong places here*.

just turn off ur pc, and pull out all the cables in the back.
then open it and get everything out (RAM, video card etc... leave processor and motherboard on place, just pull out the plugs of harddisks and cd drives etc...)

then just plug everything back in making sure it is in on the right way.

after that just restart you comp AND KEEP WATCHING.
there is some message with booting ur pc in the very begin '*** mb ram OK'
make sure the *** matches the emount of ram you have installed... if not, make sure all ram cards are in well and working, if one doesnt work check it on another pc to make sure the RAM is broken and not the slot

just buy new ram in place or let if out if you think to have enough on the amount you have left.

after all is right check if your using the good video card and opdate all drivers. (nvidia: go to nvidia.com and search for newest drivers, it helped me also)

then make sure you shut off all programs that you dont need while playing conquer (firefox open is ok, but try to shut as many as possyble system bar programmes since they use most memory)

this should work, if it doesnt you screwed something in ur pc probably... (then u need to get new one XD)
Old 12/05/2006, 22:02   #10

you may also check if ur ram and harddisk are cooled enough. overheating of the RAM happens often, but also your harddisk can get overheated and shut down your computer. U can remove 1 of the side plates of your pc and point a extra ventilater on your ram and harddisk, when it doesnt reboot then u just know ur cooling is messed up.
Old 12/05/2006, 22:28   #11

elite*gold: 1406
The Black Market: 150/0/0
Received Thanks: 15,126
Quote:
Originally posted by De4th_w1sh@Dec 5 2006, 14:43
I having a problem but i dont think that is something wrong with my computer becouse some friends of mine having the same problem and i saw a post here with same problem... When I opening more than 1 conquer.exe my pc restarting with no reason... I can play for 10-20min and BOOM! xD My pc restarts... A lots of ppl having that problem and i just whant to ask maybie there is an answer why this is hapening? :?
so first
go to your workstation
then , rightclick then search for some point like "extendet" (sorry donīt know how its called in the englich windows version ^^ ) then there should be a point like
start and restore
there should be "
characteristics" or something like that , then there should be a "button" automaticly reboot , deactivate this point
and next time you should see a blue-screen , there you can see the errors , and you could post it here ^^ it would help us alot
Old 12/05/2006, 22:45   #12

Can't found something like "extendet" maybie some one can tell my exactly file's or whatever it is name
Old 12/05/2006, 22:51   #13

its on the right side next to hardware
Old 12/05/2006, 22:58   #14

**** I can't found it lol xDD Yes im a noob but pls maybie you can make a screenshot or expalanation that i maybie can understand?
Old 12/05/2006, 23:10   #15

first

second