Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 03:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

SOCK...

Discussion on SOCK... within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 10/16/2006, 21:03   #31

elite*gold: 0
um plz learn english better. not trying to be mean but i didnt catch much of what u said i sorta did but didnt u worded everything bad however i appreciate your work =)
Old 10/17/2006, 05:03   #32

Quote:
Originally posted by Miner2@Oct 16 2006, 17:59
BS...
no1 has tried it yet so thier is no telling if it works or not, im ganna try this becuz its only 10 mets >.<, This could be Fact just like the old sm soc trick.

I Cant believe im contributing in a soc trick post
Old 10/17/2006, 06:13   #33

Today i tryed after main... no sock (no one char have gained socks today in my server)

waiting next main...

any other with more luck... comments ??

Old 10/17/2006, 08:46   #34

no socket here too
Old 10/17/2006, 09:49   #35

bunch of **** i got my 20+ socs all from spamming mets and i can tell you there is no trick...
Old 10/17/2006, 16:37   #36

Quote:
bunch of **** i got my 20+ socs all from spamming mets and i can tell you there is no trick...
Good for you... me too (i have spammed 700+ mets... no socks)... with main method only 7 mets, and sock.

Why you no try spamm mets after main ?? maybe obtain socks with less mets...

If you no have tryed this method (minimum 6 or 7 times... dont say "WTF, no sock tricks").... this method is the most used in Ryee (and works)

PD: If works for you, remember post a screenshot

Old 10/17/2006, 19:26   #37

Well, I really don't think that there is any real method to get a socket (other than spamming). If you get a socket without spamming (and by spamming, I mean 50+ mets) you are just plain lucky. Here's my personal experience with sockets. Seems to me to be a totally random occurance:

I spam 800+ mets, and get no sockets. I try the Time/Coordinate Trick, no sockets. I try the maintenance trick, no sockets. I try a combination of all of these, I get no sockets.

I walk into TC and decide to use my 5 mets I found to upgrade my elite robe to lvl 70, and I get a socket. 3 days later I have 7 mets to burn so I go lvl my bracelet to lvl 95, and I get a socket. The same day, a few hours later, I use the remaining met to upgrade my boots, and I get a socket. A few weeks later I use 2 mets to upgrade my boots to lvl 100 and I get a second socket. (I didn't notice the 2nd one until like 2 weeks later when my friend says to me "you need to put a nix gem in you boots"..."I was like it's already got one...wtf! So lucky ")

If you guys wanna believe there's some magic trick out there, that's fine. I just personally can't believe it's anything more than shear luck. I've tried every so called "method" to making them and the only thing that has EVER worked for me is blind luck.

I spent a week in bird island hunting mets and on Friday a DB drops. Does this mean that the secret method of getting a DB to drop is to have 12,000 virtue points, 10 mets and a SkyToken in your inventory and hunt BirdMen for 5 days straight using only Inferno?

I don't think so. So why then are people so insistant that there is a magic "Trick" or "Method" to getting a socket. If you get a socket, you're just plain lucky. My first two sockets occured, coincidentally, at the same time but on different days. Does this mean that I have "discovered" some uber l33t magic socket time....HELL NO!

Just my take on things.
Old 10/17/2006, 20:27   #38

Quote:
Originally posted by Tombstone+Oct 16 2006, 16:48--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tombstone @ Oct 16 2006, 16:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Muerte_Feroz@Oct 14 2006, 01:54
Ok ppl.. today i have obtained my first sock with this method... this really works..

2. Go to Twin City with 70 mets (6 scrolls and 10 mets)
3. try with the 10 mets to gain sock (really you have a great chance of gain sock)
4. if no obtain dont loose more mets... only wait next main...

You obtained your first soc with this method,great. Wow, one soc.

Take 70 mets to Tc...
Try with 10 mets...
If no soc after trying 10 mets, don't waste more mets, wait till after next maintenence... So why the **** do I need to take 70 mets?

^---- makes no **** sense.

And everybody's like, whoohoo I'm gonna try it, whoo whoo whoo.

I know you noobs try and put forth an effort but ****... It's no wonder I rarely even come to this forum anymore except to check for Cotobo updates

[img]text2schild.php?smilienummer=1&text= Yay ' border='0' alt=' Yay ' /> [/b][/quote]
i agree... 1 soc and BAM!! Theres a soc method that is guaranteed to work!!!!!

Ive gotten many socs, and that is only from using the ways in my sig xD
Old 10/17/2006, 21:44   #39

Quote:
Originally posted by KaraDevil@Oct 17 2006, 19:26
Well, I really don't think that there is any real method to get a socket (other than spamming). If you get a socket without spamming (and by spamming, I mean 50+ mets) you are just plain lucky. Here's my personal experience with sockets. Seems to me to be a totally random occurance:

I spam 800+ mets, and get no sockets. I try the Time/Coordinate Trick, no sockets. I try the maintenance trick, no sockets. I try a combination of all of these, I get no sockets.

I walk into TC and decide to use my 5 mets I found to upgrade my elite robe to lvl 70, and I get a socket. 3 days later I have 7 mets to burn so I go lvl my bracelet to lvl 95, and I get a socket. The same day, a few hours later, I use the remaining met to upgrade my boots, and I get a socket. A few weeks later I use 2 mets to upgrade my boots to lvl 100 and I get a second socket. (I didn't notice the 2nd one until like 2 weeks later when my friend says to me "you need to put a nix gem in you boots"..."I was like it's already got one...wtf! So lucky ")

If you guys wanna believe there's some magic trick out there, that's fine. I just personally can't believe it's anything more than shear luck. I've tried every so called "method" to making them and the only thing that has EVER worked for me is blind luck.

I spent a week in bird island hunting mets and on Friday a DB drops. Does this mean that the secret method of getting a DB to drop is to have 12,000 virtue points, 10 mets and a SkyToken in your inventory and hunt BirdMen for 5 days straight using only Inferno?

I don't think so. So why then are people so insistant that there is a magic "Trick" or "Method" to getting a socket. If you get a socket, you're just plain lucky. My first two sockets occured, coincidentally, at the same time but on different days. Does this mean that I have "discovered" some uber l33t magic socket time....HELL NO!

Just my take on things.
agreed man u RULZ!!!
Old 10/20/2006, 18:26   #40

**** u got only 1 socket why u think this is trick????
I made more then 30 sockets and i can tell u thers no tricks and special times...
Try ur trick atleast 10 times if u get 2-3 socket items then post ur method.
Old 10/25/2006, 02:14   #41

if i lose 10 mets bc of you...grrr
Old 10/25/2006, 02:32   #42

Quote:
Originally posted by Shmai@Oct 25 2006, 02:14
if i lose 10 mets bc of you...grrr
thats your fault, because you actually tried it.
Old 10/25/2006, 11:56   #43

^^ all of you are forgetting lucky time. has anybody tried spamming with it and gotten socks? frm what i heard it aint really useful coz some guy on my server spent 5dbs in tc upping something and all FAILED WITH lucky time. poor **** lol
Old 10/25/2006, 20:01   #44

Lucky time is rumored to greatly help you get sockets. Met prices are going up while norm sockets go as low as 70mil now on Crystal.

Lucky time hasn't worked for me. It hasn't worked for many of my friends.

I've tried spamming 10 mets after maint. I got 3 lvl 30 rings and a lvl 10 ring.
Old 10/25/2006, 20:09   #45

Well as far as I can tell, the whole lucky time effect thing doesn't affect much when it comes to item upgrades. The effect is toally random, and will only help when it "activates". Like when you kill monsters during lucky time, the chineese knot pops over your head at random and you deal double damage. Have tried to predict when it will activate, and as far as I can tell, it's activation is just as random as actually getting a socket while spaming.

I tried spamming mets during lucky time, with no sockets created. I did manage to upgrade a refined bag to super with 1 dragonball during lucky time, and I also got a max durability increase on a cap during a repair, but those were the only positive results I have had.