Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 07:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

How are drops decided?

Discussion on How are drops decided? within the CO2 Main - Discussions / Questions forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Well this topic has obviously been brought up numerous times but im here to share some of my reasoning behind this ideas.

Random generator: Some think that that conquer developers werent smart enought to implement such a system. Thats bs. Its too unstable. Why? because random generators run a high risk of generating absolutely nothing or too many good items. Its random so there is no way to control this from happening. So whats the most logical thing to keep this from happening? Its to include other code that controls the random aspect.

Specific person oriented: No way to prove but its mostly suggested by supporters of this theory that the more u hunt/are online the better your luck is. I can personally say that is not always the case for me since at times i find good items right when i start hunting.

Last item time check: This theory suggests that the server would not allow a good drop unless a specific time has allapsed since the last good drop of the same kind. I support this theory since it also seems logical.

Item time oriented code: This is the most logical since like the supporters of this theory say there are many instances of 2 ppl getting lucky at the same time. This happened to me countless of times so this theory seems the most logical to me.

So whats the conclusion? You decide.

Other intresting aspect: I think its pretty obvious that different mosters drop different things more or less often. Therefore there must also be a code of item restriction on monsters.

Old 07/15/2006, 04:39   #2

there is no such thing as random in the computer world it is just a very complex code that may be very long therefore you cannot figure it out unless you ask everybody on the server, which isnt gonna happen.....there is no random

its probaly code imo

Old 07/15/2006, 09:23   #3

This kind of seems like an attempt to expose the actual methods used by TQ, to progess in private server development -.-

-einhornchen

« Private Servers | ok this sucks »