Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

If your client is fucked up...

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
If the file Conquer is defect (by some pvper who thinks he is funny posting some non-working app for example), you should do the following:

1) Open <CO2-directory>&#092;version.dat in notepad or a hex editor or whatever and change the value to 4311 (well this is untill the next large update).
2) Now start AutoPatch.exe.
3) A "patch" will be downloaded and all files will be extracted on the right places, overwriting your corrupt versions.

MIND: Not all files will be recovered, so your client may still not function as it should, but it is a start, and you can try this to not have to redownload the whole game.

I know this is not too usefull and most of you will know this, but I fixed it and I thought: "Let&#39;s make this a post ^^"

Old   #2

Although this is a neat trick, really what you should be doing is creating a backup copy. Copy the directory "X:&#092;Program Files&#092;Conquer 2.0" to something like "X:&#092;Program Files&#092;Conquer 2.1" Then make a link to "Conquer 2.1&#092;Conquer.exe" with blacknull as an option in the shortcut. Then when you want to use a cheating account, just double click that link. This way if you screw-up any of your files, (since it usually tells you what died) you can just go to your original Conquer folder and copy over the recently deceased file.

Old   #3

Problem is, that people won&#39;t have any problems until they start a bad app or something.
This will at least save their main game exe (alrgest *n00b* target).