Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 03:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[hero] vs [1000]

Discussion on [hero] vs [1000] within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hello,
How do I get Mate.tga icon attached to HillMonster?
So it will display the heart icon for each HillMonster when i am in range of them.

I have searched for the last 6 hours and tried numerous tests on the Minimap.ani and Common.ani from ANI folder, also Minimap.ani from INI folder and was only able to change [hero] or TeamLeader,Friend,Enemy icons.
I couldnt add [HillMonster] , [hillmonster] or [0015]

HillMonster, in Monster.dat says its TypeId# 0015 so that's why i tried 0015

I made the change in both MiniMap.ani files in case one file is a lock.
After that failure i then tried Common.ani with the same statemask still nothing.
( all 3 Files , same statemask, 1 at time, 2 at time, all failed.

Anyone have any ideas about adding an icon to a monster?
Know which Number or Name or File i should be using?

Thanks , TheGameManipulator

P.S.
before you flame me i searched this forum for 6 hours, since 1am, its now 7:32 am
Closest info i read was ogogog member getting ignored when he tried to ask sort of similar question. Please dont ignore this precise question if you have info regarding it. Thanks to all the dedicated Elites!
Old 06/18/2006, 15:22   #2

elite*gold: 20
It'll be a bit more complicated than just a simple file edit. You might need to modify the actual game code, or memory in order to fix up something like that.

Basically, when you login, you'll receive your Spouse's name and/or ID. Those will be written into memory, which you need to modify. I think they are written to a fixed location, so you won't need to worry about defeating DMA.

I'm under the assumption that it does teh spouse check based on name, (Because I don't see anywhere in login where you receive your Spouse's ID.), so thats what you need to modify.

Simply rename your spouse in memory to HillMonster, and it might work. There could be the problem of it performing a comparison on ID aswell, in which case things will get more difficult, and you'll need to modify the code to either skip that check, or make it wider, so to say.
Old 06/18/2006, 15:35   #3

elite*gold: 0
Thanks for the fast reply

Well it can be any icon really.
Not just Mate.tga, But i see your point clearly.
Good advice.
However I have a new question.
Do you know of any other files except minimap.ani that mentions [hero] ?
I've been looking everywhere and only find Minimap.ani's have [hero] listed.

Also, Does anyone know what
ASB=5
ADB=6

and
ASB=2
ADB=5
differences are? What is ASB\ADB? From monster.dat..

Tnx.