Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

BI socketing

Discussion on BI socketing within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
heard something about making sockets with artisan du in bi.changing an armor to read like a weapon than back again.rumored and unsure if its true or false...just curious.
Old 02/16/2006, 18:35   #2

hmmn =o
Old 02/16/2006, 18:38   #3

@kat

very interesting reply, rotfl

@Blanks
lol, i see it 1st time... who the hell told ya that?
Old 02/16/2006, 21:32   #4

I beleive this was patched a long time ago
Old 02/16/2006, 22:26   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by The!One@Feb 16 2006, 21:32
I beleive this was patched a long time ago
yuppers
Old 02/16/2006, 23:21   #6

dont quote me on this.but supposedly its still possible...as some **** landed 3 2socket items in a day.dont tell me about socketing tricks here either we all know from experience thats damned near impossible if not impossible all together.i hear about this alot all of a sudden just like every other exploit that has gone around co.

now im not good at this kind of thing but from what ive been told wherever this change is possible is encrypted and its changed everytime it gets broken.which happens every so often.supposedly its a real pain in the *** but it can be done.basically making it so the bi artisan thinks your armor(ring,armor,neki whatever) is in your hand.dont know much more than that.but i DO know its still going on.weather elite pvp picked it up or not.
Old 02/17/2006, 00:06   #7

as far as I know, this is pretty much impossible without doing some heavy duty hacking...because the server checks the item you are putting in the box to socket. Each item has its own id number, right? Now is this server side or client side, because obviously the first thing people would try is to change the id in the itemtype.dat to resemble that of weapons. Its the same thing with the exp pots, which are no longer tradeable through a market stall. Seeing as sockets make up the most expensive items in the game, i seriously doubt tq would neglect to patch a bug as serious as this.
Old 02/17/2006, 00:37   #8

i just stating whats going on.how it works.wether its done in the itemtype.dat file or whether anyone here can do it is beyond me.it is happening as far as i know.too many double sockets are popping up.
Old 02/17/2006, 02:44   #9

Could also be people are reborning more, resetting items with more chances to upgrade. As well as people have more money these days and often buy 2 soc items from other people.

Or massive amounts of people are hacking the sever and getting 2 socs.

You make the call on that one, I personally just think, maybe there is a long winded trick, but requires much, as to why you still see people gain 2 socs, but aren't FULL 2 soc. If it was easy, you'd see a flood in the market.
Old 02/17/2006, 03:28   #10

elite*gold: 20
About the 'BI hacking'

There is no interface for picking certain equipments to socket. The ArtisanOu is a simple interactive NPC, like a conductress for example. You select options in a dialogue window. Each time you select an option, it send a single number to let the server know you chose that option.

He doesn't give options for "boot" or "head", or anything like that. Its quite linear. He asks, "Do you want me to socket your left hand weapon"
You either click yes or no. The client sends a 0 of a -1. 0 means you picked yes.

Now, the server handles everything from here. It checks you have the required dragonballs, and checks you have a weapon on your left hand, and how many sockets it already has.

Unless you can trick the server into thinking you have a boot in your left hand, a socketing method via ArtisanOu is completely out of the question.

Unfortunately, its impossible to trick the server into thinking you have equipped a boot, because you do not specify where you equip something. The server decides that.
Old 02/17/2006, 04:52   #11

i doubt this but worth throwing out there, i know you can edit the item.dat to "trick" your own client side only into thinking that one item is a different itemw would this allow you to equip something in the wrong spot or im betting the serverside checks this too
Old 02/17/2006, 06:22   #12

if there was a way, it would have been thought of.
Old 02/17/2006, 07:09   #13

my point is that something is going on and word is being passed around.those who know it are staying quiet which in my opinion is better for the economy.but still wouldnt you try to get your hands on it?its not reborns as the one who 2 socketed 3 ELITE items all in the same day is not reborn.but from what you have all described from this point i think its best left to the imagination.and for those who actually know a way.good job.
Old 02/17/2006, 14:24   #14

well... for me met spamming woulld still be the best way to make socket since its cheaper than DB and i never heard of this BI socket exploits thing...
Old 02/17/2006, 18:51   #15

Hmm would it be possible to make some sort of emulation of an NPC, something like coloader. Instead of sending "Yes-socket my weapon 04" it would send "Yes-socket my ring 06"