Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 16:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Does the Chinese Client interest you?

Discussion on Does the Chinese Client interest you? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
With all it's new quest's items etc...?

because I have it and if it interests you i'll host it so it doesn't take forever to download. Also i get the same ping as in American servers.

Old 01/06/2006, 04:32   #2

elite*gold: 20
The chinese client can't connect to US servers unless you modify a little.
You also get directed to a webpage every time you close it, which is annoying.

I've played on a few chinese servers, and they are laggy as ****. Seriously, you disconnect every other minute, and its impossible to walk through town and see everyone.

And its p2p, if you are above lvl 15. You get 60 hours play iirc, its pretty ****, particularly for me, who can't read chinese even remotely well.
Old 01/06/2006, 05:53   #3

Well my plan was the convert the language and make it into the "qonquer" client... I don't think language is server side though is it?
Old 01/06/2006, 10:25   #4

Most of it is client side, maybe my french version could help me to give you where are npc, weapon, dialogues...
I'll try later when i'll come back at home if i remember to do it ! lol
Old 01/06/2006, 10:54   #5

This worries me... If the china conquer is p2p maybe the English one will be also some day soon when thay add some ****** quests that are ever so slightly better than the **** they have on there now.

Conquer is not worth paying for. If they improved the monster AI so it didn't seem like an Autonomous Agent with only a simple seeking ability and added some half decent quests then it would be worth paying for Dragonballs. But this game is poorly made the only thing they seem to have gotten right is the graphics and skills system, not saying it is particualy good but it seems okay from a first glance. I still want to know what a Taosit is.
Old 01/06/2006, 13:23   #6

conquer is free forever -.-
Old 01/06/2006, 15:21   #7

Yeh, it'll be free forever, thanks to the spoilt kids and rather sad groups who buy in bulk. They make far more money from db selling on US servers than they do with their p2p system over in China. Thats particularly why we complain more than China, they use us for money, and put everything into the Chinese game first.

The only way I'll be convinced to start playing again is if they add new quests, new maps, new mobs, and preferrably new classes and skills. I've gotten too bored with the current system, and it seems every time they say, "Hey, we implemented this", its either a graphical edit that looks worse than the original graphic, or its a quest lasting no more than a week.

TQ need to get the priorities right, and implement new stuff before changing what they have.
Old 01/06/2006, 15:35   #8

@unknownone
if you make your own game
for what client would you do the updates first?
for the client in your language?
or in a foreign language?
Old 01/06/2006, 16:06   #9

I'd update both at the same time.
I know it certainly doesn't take 6 months to translate less than 1000 strings of text into another language. The way TQ has their client set up, it actually sends the language used by the client suring login. For me, it sends "English" as I login.

I can't see why they would need to do that, unless their server handles multiple languages. It should do, and they should update the server using both languages.
That way, they could use the same server software on both American and Chinese servers, no modifications needed.
Old 01/06/2006, 18:40   #10

Lol. When I worked with TQ on their new game Realm Of Magic, we translated almost the whole game, including making up new names for monsters and weapons, in about a month, and we only had two people actually translating. We even edited the graphics of buttons into English. If unproffessional group of people can do something like that faster that a well-known game makers then this only says one thing - TQ's just lazy.
Old 01/06/2006, 18:58   #11

WeaponSkillName : Name of weapon
region.ini : Map name
StrRes.ini : Game (system msg, option, error msg, ...)
npc.ici : 1st line (name) is npc name
ProfessionalName.ini : jobs names
Tips.dat : in game help
UserHelpInfo.dat : instant help
Old 08/23/2006, 06:46   #12

Could you PLEASE host this? I tried to menuvor my way around the chinese site, but I just couldn't do it. It is p2p, but the GMs actually do **** on that server, 2nd reborn is implemented, no DBs can be bought, and drop rates are increased. What more could you want.
Old 08/23/2006, 11:26   #13

i think its the server problem, the GM command in chinese server is chinese, and in english server is english. so they need to update the chinese server first and then english one.
Old 08/23/2006, 13:32   #14

Of course the chinese server's would lag. The chinese always have terrible ping and are practically banned from the internet, they constantly try to proxy my dad's website. Dirty f**kers...
Old 08/23/2006, 17:15   #15

thanks for bumping this 7 month old thread