Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 07:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

OverRun

Discussion on OverRun within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,565
As Many of you know more and more People are coming to this forum to see what they can get there hands on.

it kinda upsets me because i remember when Epvp was a small but powerfull Forum, but now it has become overrun with people not contributing, and just wanting..

I.E

Help me plz...

where can i find a hack

Guys i am gonna start taking it to my personal reponsibility any unhelpfull threads asking for hacks will be deleted..

i bet Lowfyrs database is like 5-6 gb of posted **** from noobs

Anyway i think i have made myself clear, this forum only wants people who contribute.
Old 01/01/2006, 18:51   #2

Pwn them noobs Ultimate!
Old 01/01/2006, 18:56   #3

ya...=]
Old 01/01/2006, 19:23   #4

Sounds awesome, hopefully we will return to the small but powerfull Forum we once were. Keep up the good work!
Old 01/01/2006, 19:29   #5

i say, BAN THOSE NOOBS' IPs!!!!!
Old 01/01/2006, 21:36   #6

see what i would do(if i was a mod(being that im on epvp like all day)) i would close it before the other noobs could get to it...
Old 01/01/2006, 21:54   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by evulhotdog@Jan 1 2006, 21:36
see what i would do(if i was a mod(being that im on epvp like all day)) i would close it before the other noobs could get to it...
Evul, he is talking about what he is going to do, not what you plan to do
Old 01/02/2006, 00:33   #8

lol true.... but some good people might be weeded out with the noobs
Old 01/02/2006, 00:50   #9

yeah but u can tell if the person is a total noob or not..like if a noob asks a totaly technical question that is somewhat smart and has a problem that has not been asked before, or that does not ask a stupid question. Those would not be weeded out...

EDIT: on the contribute thing, i do what i can, im not a total know it all but i know somewhat about things here and there....if somebody needs help makin a bot, then im there...
Old 01/02/2006, 01:58   #10

goodluck
Old 01/02/2006, 03:06   #11

I feel the mod have to take things into their own hands. I came up with this "noob ownage" idea.
Anyone who receives 3 warnings will have themselves ip banned.
Warnings can come from this sets of rules below. Applies to people with negative karma, or posters below 100.
-No Spamming
-No Creation Of Topics Asking/Begging For Hacks
-DO NOT,I REPEAT,DO NOT POST QUESTIONS IN SECTIONS WHICH READ DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS!
-No Flaming
-No ******* Off The Mods
-Not allowed to anyhow give people karmas.

I would like to extend this further to all mods, lets learn from a certain warez website, if you have a post count lesser than 20, you will only be allowed to see the CO2 Main Forum. 50, Templates. 100, Hacks,Macros and Bots.

This is strict,but i hope Lowfyr can implement it. It's the only way. And members who repeatly remain at 0 post count will have their acc deleted, and those who spam in the main forum will have these set of rules applied to them, strike 3 and ip ban. Unless they are smart to use a thing start with a P :P
Old 01/02/2006, 03:26   #12

Quote:
Thats not bad, except who would keep track of the warnings? I don't think the forum can do that, but i would love to be proved wrong.

Strict moderation and the negative karmas is a VERY good idea, but some quick question thou-

Do we keep the karmas we have?
Can we get positive karmas?
What's going to keep them from making another account?
What do we do if people don't post, therefore getting no negative karmas but still leach?
-anhang

Anhang is right, how are the mods going to keep track of the warnings? Don't mods have enough issues on their hands already?

Quote:
-Not allowed to anyhow give people karmas.
Could you please elaborate on this?

Quote:
I would like to extend this further to all mods, lets learn from a certain warez website, if you have a post count lesser than 20, you will only be allowed to see the CO2 Main Forum. 50, Templates. 100, Hacks,Macros and Bots.
I would still believe this will cause spamming, not like in questions or out of stupidity, but short messages like "TY" and such.
Old 01/02/2006, 03:28   #13

well i hardly post at all, yes i admit i come ehre to just look at funny stuff people put on this, but i dont abuse the hacks, i use like only 1 of them... i mean if i post to stay on this forum i guess i can manage it, but im no noob so y are you MAKING us post just becuz we have low post counts? just becuz i have hardly any posts dont mean im a noob lol, i could kick anyones **** on conquer (not telling name or server xD)
Old 01/02/2006, 03:28   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathWalker@Jan 2 2006, 03:06

This is strict,but i hope Lowfyr can implement it. It's the only way. And members who repeatly remain at 0 post count will have their acc deleted, and those who spam in the main forum will have these set of rules applied to them, strike 3 and ip ban. Unless they are smart to use a thing start with a P :P
Well, that will require a lot more work from the mods, and I just wanted them to be aware of the effects of something like this. Noobs would be posting so much, they would say they are helping but you know many of those posts are going to be spam. That might require mods to go through post by post, reply by reply, to weed out the spam (there would be a lot).

On the other hand, it might discourage users, because they wouldn't get instant access, and might just by-pass the site altogether.

Edit: UnknownWarrior, they are trying to make you contribute on the forums, even if you only got 1 hack. That hack might work really well, but you never really show your appreciation. The forcing system would, force people to help others out and contribute.
Old 01/02/2006, 03:49   #15

ya i know i aint contributing much, but just cuz im not posting or "contributing by saying 'thanks man for the hack' or something like that' doesnt mean im a noob and arent allowed on the forums....
Closed Thread